It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the name of this physic's contraption? I just have a discription...no images..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey guys I've been trying to find the name or a link to a particular contraption with no luck in sight.

Basically when I went to Loyola College for a semester before transferring, I recalled going to this really small class seminar, and playing with this contraption after it was over.

its basically a ball that moves up a slope, its not magic. From what I can remember, my professor said it has to do with the uneven weight distribution of the ball.

I haven't emailed my professor's yet, I just would feel awkward and rudeyou know? "Oh hey, how've you been? Good? That's good. So yeah....the reason why I emailed you was because I want to know the name of that one contraption...you know...." If no one can find me a name or link..I'll probably will email my professors though.

The reason why I'm so fascinated with this contraption is I see its application as a perpetual motion device, lol, I just want to play around with it to see what I can make of it....what? I'm a kid with ambition!! If it fails, oh well the contraption would still be a cool souvenir.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here are some references.

www.mip.berkeley.edu...

www.lhup.edu...

groups.physics.umn.edu...

Google Search

You might be surprised to learn how eager you professor would be to help you with your question.

[edit on 2008/5/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Hey thanks for the links GradyPhilpott. And I'm probably sure my old professor would to help me, I just figure out a away to email my professors without sounding rude. If I don't get an answer by tonight, I'll definitely email them, I know one in particular, who was also my adviser who would probably take her time and look for that dang contraption for me.

I'll definitely let you know if I find out more information!!

new topics

join