It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastors called to defy IRS censorship rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Pastors called to defy IRS censorship rules

[url=www.worldnetdaily.com

"Churches have for too long feared the loss of tax exempt status arising from speech in the pulpit addressing candidates for office," the ADF's white paper on the campaign confirmed. "Rather than risk confrontation, pastors have self-censored their speech, ignoring blatant immorality in government and foregoing the opportunities to praise moral government leaders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hey, I'm all for anything that enhances our Civil Rights, especially under the First Amendment!

Hey everybody! Here's a new idea that I've recently considered:
Why doesn't everybody traipse on down to your local City Hall, pick up the right paperwork & turn themselves into a legally-sanctioned "pastor" of whatever religion you wish to name? I've met someone while I was in the Navy that had done just that. I saw the paperwork firsthand that he was officially titled as the Chief Priest of the Church of the Immaculate '57 Chevy! With this officially recognized status, he could legally perform weddings, claim tax-exempt status & hold all other benefits of any organized religion! He told me that he did it only to resolve a bet to prove how easy it was to do it...

If everyone did this, then the People would all be tax exempt & bankrupt the corrupt government & then replace them all with honest people for a change of pace.

][url=www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)i

Somehow, the news source & article link didn't come out right, so I'm editing it here:
News Source: WorldNet Daily
Article Link: Pastors called to defy IRS censorship rules

[edit on 10-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

join