It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the side effects of Wii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, i haven't been on at all in the last two months, this is why, i got a Wii, the bast game system ever, let me just say this, OMG WII OWNS LIFE*ahem* sorry, slight side effects to getting a Wii are as follows:

1. Wii elbow: similar to tennis elbow, but caused by playing your Wii for five hours straight.

2 a. (note, this only applies to students); yelling teachers: while your new Wii is amazing, you may stay up late and miss some school time, or maybe even skip school altogether, thus getting yelled at by teachers.

2 b. (note, this only applies if you have/had a job); lack of job: you will miss time in work, or just not get a job at all, it is not a wise idea to get a wii if you don't have a job so don't get one if you are jobless.

3. zombie eyes: i have touched on the lack of sleep earlier, you will miss sleep and get what i call "zombie eyes", you all know what im talking about.

4. the "ARG" problem: while playing the legend of zelda: twilight princess,(i know you will get it if you get a wii, trust me) you will develop the "ARG" problem, you get this when you cant find a key in a dungeon, than all you can think and talk about is that one key you cant find or get to.

and finally

5. Snakeitus(other strains known as Sonicitus, and Wolfitus etc...): while playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl, you may experience Snakeitus, or one of its counterparts, while playing brawl you will chose only one person to play as all day, week, month, or forever, this is an unavoidable virus, unless you avoud buying brawl, which wont happen, because brawl is such an amazing game.

these are the current "Wii symptoms" as i go i will think up more, if you have some ides please post them, i would like to hear your "Wii symptoms".

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've got a few of my own, like becoming a Mario Kart Driver, where on the highway I'll use my newly gained talents as a speed demon in a go-cart to be a speed-demon in an Oldsmobile.

There's also Resident Evil 4 eye which is sort of freaky when you're walking home alone at night and you see infected zombies around every corner, and you just don't have your infinite rocket launcher in real life.

There's also Super Smash Hallucinations. This occurs after many days/weeks strait of playing Super Smash Brothers and at night, before falling asleep you play matches in your head, learning to anticipate moves and counter moves. (in all fairness, I've had this ailment since 1996 when the first game came out for N64).

However, I should point out the health benefits of the Wii. Playing Wii Boxing for hours on end is an amazing cardio-vascular workout. Playing Big Brain Academy will almost certainly cause your brain to work overtime (but in a good way).

So yes, I am familiar with the Wii afflictions. It must be said however that Nintendo has had this same effect on people for decades.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
There's also Resident Evil 4 eye which is sort of freaky when you're walking home alone at night and you see infected zombies around every corner, and you just don't have your infinite rocket launcher in real life.

well, i personally like the Chicago typewriter

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My version of Snake-itis is Game & Watch-itis, which is even less socially acceptable because hardly anyone knows who the heck G&W is.

I have yet to get Zelda, but trust me, it's on my list.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well Megaton, looking at your avatar and your username, I'd say that it should be on your list.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
There's also Super Smash Hallucinations. This occurs after many days/weeks strait of playing Super Smash Brothers and at night, before falling asleep you play matches in your head, learning to anticipate moves and counter moves. (in all fairness, I've had this ailment since 1996 when the first game came out for N64).

i totally agree with that. When brawl first came out thats all my friends and i would talk about. it was cool then it started wearing off after we might have exhausted all possible conversations about the game from talking about it so much. Cant wait to see what the next will be like.

Yea snakeitus(and other strains) kill. its spreading like wildfire in my school. me and my brother have it.

another sideffect of the WII is the fact that you might not have a social life and will be outcast from society. and will be forced to live in your parents basement for the rest of your life because the WII will make it so you can't get a job. this isnt just for the wii though. it could go with any game console.

new topics

top topics

join