It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Does anyone know when adbuctions started to pick up momentum?

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think when the communion was written in 1987 a lot of people came into the open about there experience. This gave it a lot of publicity.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If any one has anymore info please tell.
I working on a theory...

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Several researchers think the abduction phenomenon started about 100 years ago. They think so because it is an inter-generational phenomenon, and they know of cases of abductees who were born at around that period.

If it had begun much before, much more people would be abducted than the assumed 1% or so. If abductions had begun in the 16th century for instance, we would all be abductees already.

It may have begun before 1900, but not much, because it is widespread accross the entire population, not just a few places where many are abducteed.

As for the phenomenon taking monmentum, it is inter-generational, so the number of abductees increases with the spread of the genes of the abductees.

Now, whether there are more and more abductions -hybrids also- performed, I don't think that researchers have any definite opinion on that.

Some calculations have been done that say that we will all be abductees within 6-7 generations. This is about 150 years. This raises question about the theory that the aliens are here to help us while remaining unseen. The Earth will most probably have undergone its mass extinction before that, or the mass extinction will be unstoppable by 2150. 150 years is much too slow if they want to have a real impact through a secret genetic manipulation of the human population.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not abductions, per se, but Larry Hatch has a nice database of sightings. Notice that the biggest number was in 1955 : www.larryhatch.net...

If you do a bit of research, you'll find that the media influences what's reported. Before the Hills, there were no gray aliens mentioned. After the X-Files did implants, suddenly alien implants were all the vogue.

It's hard to decide who's really had an abduction experience and who hasn't, with the huge number of hoaxes around.

The South American researchers show only 86 or so for the entire year: www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The Roper poll was conducted in 1992 and gave quite surprising results. No explanation has been given so far to explain these results.

The same poll was conducted in 1999, precisely to test the media contamination theory. The result was almost exactly the same, despite 7 years of X-Files, Independant Day and such. Those who claim it is all media contamination must provide an explanation to that.

You will also note that 99% of what you see in the media-X-files, movies..- never show up in abduction cases. Take the Star Wars movies for instance. Nothing at all seems to have been picked up from this extremely successful series.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The UFO was large, and triangle-shaped...all around me, there were all these human-sized aliens. They had hard white shells, with faces that looked like skulls. The leader also had a hard shell and a face like a skull, but was black and appeared to be breathing heavily...He looked at me, stretched out his hand and said, "Luke, I am your Father"

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sorry, the first Roper poll was conducted in 1991, not 1992.

A third poll was conducted in 2002, indicated that 2.9 millions Americans may be abductees. This is again in the range of the 2 previous polls.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This all helped out very much. Thanks.

top topics

join