It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The antivirus software conspiracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a friend of mine took classes, then when he was finished he found a job, i cant remember the name of the company, but they told him if he wanted a job, all he had to do was create a virus.

this guy is very serious and would not lie to me, but maybe its an isolated incident i dont know.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

A good analogy is the biological warfare virus people ... they play around with all the viruses before killing it, and some get out.

the thing I've noticed for the last year or so ... is my computer ALWAYS SLOWS DOWN 2-3 days BEFORE Microsoft releases a new update or anti-virus automatic download.

Now, this could be that they're on top of their game, or, that they're stacking the deck.

ALSO MICROSOFT, I think, has said they will no longer continue supporting previous operating systems, such as the 2nd generation one I have now (not the newest one, but the previous), as of a certain date.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
a friend of mine took classes, then when he was finished he found a job, i cant remember the name of the company, but they told him if he wanted a job, all he had to do was create a virus.

this guy is very serious and would not lie to me, but maybe its an isolated incident i dont know.

Ive heard a lot of rumors about this before too.

Create a problem, sell the solution. Easy as ABC.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Alot of the people who work for these companies are ex hackers and programmers themselves,so its not that far fetched to believe,they have everything they need.And simple viruses take no time at all to make...Im guessing they probably would do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Many activist groups are also involved in scattering viruses via internet to break system of important control bodies. Even you can secure your personal and financial information by installing actual and original antivirus. The best way to prevent PC is to bed in antivirus, which are rather expensive.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
"Im soo clever MY virus damaged tens of thousands of systems and no one could stop it" - It's kind of like an ego boost.

The Ego - cause of all harm.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
four words, buy a mac idiot. in my crappy apartment there exists a magical device known as a macbook. apparently these things can't get viruses, and they also pick up your friendly neighborhood unsecured internet connections with ease and little to no knowledge of computers, which i also possess.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I contend every computer has a slow down virus already in it. The makers of the registry cleaners, malware removers and anti-virus software just turn on the already planted virus and collect the money. What a scam. They cover their tracks so well. It seems some cop could try and catch them. They cause BILLIONS of dollars of damage every year, while making BILLIONS of dollars with the fix it software. I guess they are just too smart for the cops to catch.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THE ANTIVIRUS COMPANIES ARE THE GOVERNMENT AND NOT ONLY ARE THEY MAKING VIRUSES TO MAKE YOU SPEND MONEY ON VIRUS PROTECTION BUT THE VIRUS PROTECTION THEY TEACH YOU THAT YOU NEED IS ALSO GOVERNING THE USE OF SPAM SOFTWARE (.EXE OR AUTOMATION FILES)

WHAT THIS MEANS IS THAT THEY ARE AFRAID OF PEOPLE HAVING A LOT OF MONEY AND WILL DO ANYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO CONTROL ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BE SUPER RICH AND THEREFORE UNTOUCHABLE BY THE GOVERNMENT.

THIS IS WRONG, PEOPLE WHO ARE RICH ARE USUALLY HAPPY, NOT TERRORISTS THAT WANT TO BUILD BOMBS AND KILL PEOPLE LIKE THEY THE EVIL DO.

THIS KIND OF GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

Facebook.com has millions of people because they were allowed to send spam legally. IT IS AN OUTRAGE THAT NOONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE THESE VERY SAME BILLIONS BECAUSE IF WE ALL HAD BILLIONS WE WOULD ALL BE VERY HAPPY AND LESS VIOLENT OF PEOPLE BUT I HOPE THIS CAUSES A RIOT AND PEOPLE GET KILLED IN LIGHT OF THIS INJUSTICE.

edit on 31-1-2013 by bropod because: SPELLED VIOLENT WRONG

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Symantec, of Cupertino, Calif., is the second commercial company caught in the flap over the use of rootkit-type techniques to hide files on computers. Rootkits are programs that are used to give a remote user access to a compromised system while avoiding detection from security scanners.

In other words Norton had BACK DOOR ACCESS into ever system that installed their product at that time.

This was going on over 6 years ago. Who knows what they're up to now.

source: www.eweek.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Who benefits the most from computer viruses?

Simple answer: The antivirus software companies.

I think you have an excellent point there.

I use the same analogy about medical viruses (and get some weird looks for doing so).

I guess the last thing the antivirus companies want is an end to all computer viruses...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join