It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Nazis make a time machine ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theshadowknows

Please, watch what you say about a people. The heartless folks you speak of were not any more heartless than the Americans when we developed the bombs we dropped on Japan to end a war.

We are going to run out of people to appreciate and like soon because we have and are still at war with many nations.

The German people are very smart. If my family had not escaped from Germany in the 1600's I Might well have had Nazi ties in my family.

My dad had a cafe on the Georgia coast after WW2 where I met countless German people that would stop by for coffee. From what I remember of the stories I heard as a child this would be a much more advanced world if the war had been won by Germany. Of course, Hitler was no real friend and he would have been done away with quickly by his own people.

Time machine......probably very close to successful. Would it have been good for mankind? Probably not. Can it be done? Probably so. Will it be completed? Not in my lifetime but I believe yes it will b in the next 20 years. My grandchildren do have to find a way to leave our earth one day.

It exits me to imagine a time bending machine that can instantly ferry people and supplies to as yet unknown planets to colonize new worlds.
We will find it necessary to vacate this beautiful earth one day.

Young people hold on to your pants...............you haven't seen anything yet. You will one day look upon 2008 as just an extension of the stone age. I do envy you. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

The Flytrap. Looks amazing i think .

This building (hope I was able to bring the picture into this quote) is also know as "The Henge"

Looks to me, though, like the remains of a 'roundhouse' used to turn locomotives around.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

But saying a group of people cant build something because they lost a war is pretty daft in my opinion .

Agreed...

Let us also consider that we, as a populace, take for granted as fact what is told to us from higher up.

"There is a war between such and such a country...end of story"

Yet we know of the German scientist in operation paper clip, etc.
If we know this...how much deeper are the rabbit trails?

What in history can actually be proven to be fully accurate?
If Bush is getting a medal of peace (seems like a joke which was pointed out in a thread here) then maybe Nero was a God after all?

So this is part of the open mindedness I refer to.

Not a gullibility, which many fear is what they will be seen as if they believe something out of the norm. No even more...not having to feel like you have the concrete answers.
And leaving the pieces of the puzzle out to play with till they fit naturally.

We as humans have an issue with this and want things to fit nice and comfy from start to finish. Maybe its a part of our evolution.

Like a baby...starts from scratch...learns.
And as they grow they have to take these concepts they learn and then gain experience to see things from a higher perspective - and not so narrow point of view.

For the most part, the limited view is more of a 'lie' as the full picture is not there to support the piece as a whole.

One only has to look at progress over the earths life, or humans on earth, to realize that nothing is accepted until someone else dreams of it...is ridiculed...and finally it is put into practice.

Great minds transform the world, while the rest follow...until they are ready to lead.

Science, and quantum physics are showing 'God' - the infinite unknowable...or rather unlimited possibilities manifested in form, so to speak, to experience itself.

Point is, we dont know all that is possible...we are a proud creature indeed to put so definitively what is based on what we are told alone.

These type of people are easier to control...but it all has its place in the larger scheme of things. One is not better than the other, you have to walk before you can run. (Is that so?)

Anyway...I have babbled on enough.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

The notion that they couldn't have invented it because they lost the war is not that far fetched if the invention itself, if created, would ensure them victory.

Just like it's pretty obvious no-one on board the Titanic invented a machine to instantly repair iceberg damage in large passenger ships. If they had, the Titanic wouldn't have sunk. The end result precludes the possibility of situations that would end in a different result.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Yeah,I hear you and i agree that if you had that sort of thing under your belt then you would most certainly use it .

I think it is a more conceivable notion that the driving minds behind these efforts looked into Time travel , or maybe even TRIED to create something like this and were unsuccessful.

The Nazi's didn't build a time machine.
They couldn't even win a war.

I think this could have been worded better .
I mean "Couldnt even win a war" ? what ?

elmariachi

Exactly. Nazi's poured their money into WAR research. This is how they got things like jet engines before anyone else- because they had been geared up for war for a while before everyone else knew what happened.

The United States caught up soon enogh- because we had a whole nation dedicated to it, just like Germany.

Replace "Couldn't" with "Didn't" and "a" with "This" and ill agree .

As i said, i think its more plausible that they looked into or even attempted this and failed, as opposed to constructing a working model .

Ya know ?

What do u reckon ?

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I see what you mean Johny .

I just wonder what the significance of the bell was to this structure,
(If any that is )

I actually know what your saying, funnily enough i watched a documentary on trains that talked about the locomotive platforms you speak of just today in fact.

I have a good mate on ATS who is an absolute train fanatic, Especially old-school trains, ill ask him what he thinks, Cool observation JC

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
The Nazi's didn't build a time machine.
They couldn't even win a war.

Depends on how you view life.
Do you believe everything that is told you upfront? Or do you dig to see what is laying behind the story told to you?

Much of life seems to be one big distraction wouldnt you say?
Most of what we find important and are willing to die for are no less than fairy tales - loosely based on truth...long forgotten - or misunderstood.

I enjoy topics which explore possibilities... it allows the mind to expand in order to see a potentially larger picture than before, which more accurately describes what is going on.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 7-12-2008 by dAlen]

?
What a bunch of new aged bull.
Yeah, the Nazis made a time machine- You're right.
And instead of using it to have complete and open power- As they'd likely be unstoppable, they prefer to operate in the "Shadows" so to speak, by making it appear as though they no longer exist.

WOW.
Star & Flag for you my brilliant friend.
Truly your genius knows no bounds.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Daft?
No it isn't.
You're pretty daft bud.
If the Nazi's built a time machine, they wouldn't have LOST THE WAR.
How obvious is that?
I thought it was fairly obvious.
I mean, if I had a time machine- A God damned time machine, I'm fairly certain the world would be at my mercy.

But no, yeah- You're right.
I'm daft to assume they didn't make a time machine because they lost the war.

The genius on the site is absolutely through the roof lately.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Dewm0nster]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carrion
Well, wouldn't in theory if they went back in time it would throw us into a parallel universe which would have a different result? Like say they lost a battle, used the time machine, went back in time, and won the war, wouldn?t that put them in a parallel universe that would have won the war leaving us in this one which they did not?

Interesting theory, I've heard the multiple-worldline travel idea before. Here's my issue with the idea that it could mean the nazis actually succeeded in their hypothetical effort, but maybe it's just my short-sightedness. Let's say you have three parallel worldlines, A B C, all starting out very similar to each other to the point that your typical observer cannot tell the difference. We are timeline A, time traveling nazi leaves timeline A and ends up in B where he alters history and causes the nazis to win the war. The odds are pretty good then that a nearly identical nazi time traveler from yet another worldline nearly identical to ours, say timeline C, will timetravel into his past to alter the war in the same way. He ends up in our timeline, A, and alters it the same way the nazi from our timeline alters B. From our point of view, it's as if a time traveling nazi really did change history and the nazis would still win the war in our timeline as a result of time travel. In reality, it was a nazi from timeline C that did the dirty work in our timeline. From our perspective though, it may as well have been the same nazi doing all the work.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
i dont understand this time machine crap.....

people forget that the earth spins and orbits the sun

So are you saying you would not want to go back 6 months in time and land where Earth used to be then?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Not to derail the conversation, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they didn't discover anything useful. Synthetic gasoline is a big one not everybody knows about.

Here is a short article for those who haven't read much about it:
www.totse.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Not to derail the conversation, but I wouldn't go so far as to they didn't discover anything. Synthetic gasoline is one that not everybody seems to know about. For those of you who haven't heard anything about it, here is a short article:
www.totse.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

Oh the irony.

Is there an echo in here or what?!

Are your eyes painted on or something ?

Your not wrong about the genius here , Hows your shoe taste Bud ?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

And the rails were taken up for the steel used in the war. Ties burned for fuel.

Yup.

Strange no one has picked up on that chronovisor. First time I heard about it was a few years ago, allegedly created during early seventies in some science basement in Las Cruces, NM. I think it is fiction anyways, or at least mostly. Doubts are implanted to protect the core of the knowledge. But my jury is still out on the anti-grav part. My suspicion is, the Russians picked up where the Germans left off in Romania, home of the venerable inventor Henry Coanda. A secret tech race blossomed during the cold war, fueling the prolific appearances of UFOs.

And no, the Nazis were not advanced. They still relied on slave labor for their projects, ask any Pole. They forever tarnished the good in the German people. If time travel were a reality, I would eventually try a return to nip the party in the bud where it started, but so far, nothing doing. So it has to be further out than the present.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I wouldn't doubt at all that they tried to make one; in fact, given Hitler's obsession with the occult, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

However, I seriously doubt they met with any success. If they had, they could've simply watched the results of lost battles, gone back in time, and called in appropriate reinforcements to positions that needed them.

A time machine would more or less spell the end of every regime that didn't have one... scary thought.

Maybe he built a time machine and did what you said... Then went into the future and saw how the world is today, and thought (Excuse my french) F*c* that why am i even fighting for this world which is going to evntually kill itself!

Then he shot himself or dissapeared...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

And no, the Nazis were not advanced.

lol , From Wiki .

German military technology during World War II increased greatly in terms of sophistication. Nazi Germany put much effort into developing weapons, particularly aircraft and tanks, during the war, which initially give it's armed forces an advantage over other countries, especially at the beginning of the war. New German military technology often placed allied commanders in a position of being unable to respond effectively.

oh and

German aircraft was superior to allied aircraft and the dominance in the air gave them the ability to crush almost all opposition at the beginning of the war. Germany developed numerous new planes.

So yes, they were .

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Something to add ,

Allied powers, especially the Americans, profited immensely from captured German technology and expertise in the development of rocket vehicles capable of space travel.

Anyone else who thinks there weren't advanced, have a look around there are facts everywhere about it .

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Advanced and intelligent are two different critters in my reckoning. Sure they were smart as technology goes, but what about the social and political fallout? No, motivating a nation on a project by force is not advanced. Nor is polluting the environment while doing such.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Everyone seems to be assuming that a time travel machine would be useful.

As geniusage pointed out, everything is on the move.

So what if a time machine could take you into the future or back into the past. Where would you land? In the same place as you started from?

I'd expect so, but there won't be any Earth there. The whole galaxy is moving. You don't know if you'll land in the centre of a meteor, in the sun, drifting into space .....

I doubt the Germans did build a time machine, but we can't say they didn't just because they don't appear to have used one.
A time machine would be the most useless device possible.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Love the people here that say they did not how in the hell would you know very ignorant.

If they built a time machine i am sure it is not like the terminator that they could go back and forth and change much history.

I am sure if a time machine was built it would have restrictions.

If you seen the de-ja vu movie with denzel washington and a movie with ben aflack.

both these movies focosed on looking back in time or looking ahead visually and could only lokk ahead or behind so many days or weeks.

if the nazi's built a time machine it would have to have a ton of restrictions of what it could do.

I know for fact that our gov, the Russians and the Chinese have time experiment programs or had them very secret programs.

i would love to know if they ever made any progress and if these programs are on going. who knows.

my info comes from my uncle who worked at the Govt labs for 40 years of course he said very very very very little about anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join