It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Nazis make a time machine ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've been hearing a lot about the Nazis making a time machine during WWII. Can you guys explain and/or post your thoughts.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think if the NAZIs had made a "TIME MACHINE" we would be all speaking German and goosestepping by now.

Where is the evidence or do you have any links or anything?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by ROGUE]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The NAZIs had a lot of advanced tech but it never happened seeing as no one has ever came forward after 50 plus years, and said they had known anything or even anyone who had known anything about a time machine.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt at all that they tried to make one; in fact, given Hitler's obsession with the occult, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

However, I seriously doubt they met with any success. If they had, they could've simply watched the results of lost battles, gone back in time, and called in appropriate reinforcements to positions that needed them.

A time machine would more or less spell the end of every regime that didn't have one... scary thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I wouldn't doubt at all that they tried to make one; in fact, given Hitler's obsession with the occult, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

However, I seriously doubt they met with any success. If they had, they could've simply watched the results of lost battles, gone back in time, and called in appropriate reinforcements to positions that needed them.

A time machine would more or less spell the end of every regime that didn't have one... scary thought.

Well, wouldn't in theory if they went back in time it would throw us into a parallel universe which would have a different result? Like say they lost a battle, used the time machine, went back in time, and won the war, wouldn�t that put them in a parallel universe that would have won the war leaving us in this one which they did not?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Carrion]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i think it just changes what was supposed to happen...well in this game there is this unit that can teleport from on place to another...it was about world war 2 too and this thing was called chrono technology which allows them to move thru space in a different dimension and at our dimension time would totally stop giving that chrono unit to walk any where it wanted to

maybe thats what they were trying...

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That's entirely possible... and, unfortunately, there's no way to tell.

I'd hate to live in that world, though...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I believe you're referring to "The Bell" project they were said to have worked on.Details are quite sketchy,but it was a large,bell shaped object with rotating discs inside of it that created a torsion field around it,and it could supposedly distort,or greatly slow down time.A bunch of the scientists working on it got sick and died.I don't think we ever found the actual machine or the blueprints for it,but some of the Nazi's on trial for war crimes disclosed its existence.All of the remaining scientists(who didn't die from the experiment itself)were executed by the nazi party at the time they were removing all the evidence of it.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
maybe it is being used RIGHT this second the first thing that dissapeared in my room was all the ww2 games....
i made that up

they could be screwing with the americans with terrorists disease and war in the past

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The "Bell Project" is pretty cool, but why thuogh did the scientists die from it???

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There are a few different schools of thought on changing time, and personally, I subscribe to a theory more like what Carrion proposes if time travel is ever possible. Every choice is a branching-off point for a different timeline.

That having been said, let's say that perhaps the Nazis did create a time travel machine and were successful. We'd never know it either way. There would be no record of them having altered the timeline, because there would be no record of what had happened differently before they changed the timeline.

It could also create a series of paradoxes for each and every event they changed. If they are successful in changing an event and it leads to a favorable outcome, they wouldn't know to go back in time to change it in the first place, unless it is always the same person, who has removed himself from any other responsibilities in the war.

I'm skeptical that they did develop time travel, but I'd be surprised if at some point in our future it wasn't attempted by someone who wanted the Nazis to win. We'd never know it however, as our lives would be changed (if any of us even existed as we do now) to reflect the changes to the timeline.

Anyone have a headache pondering the possibilities now?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
The "Bell Project" is pretty cool, but why thuogh did the scientists die from it???

I believe it was a combination of the bell being filled with liquid mercury(which became gaseous when the rotating discs got up to a certain velocity)and the torsion field created emitting radiation.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
All I hear is the nazis made this, the nazis discovered that, they discovered anit-gravity, they made a time machine...give me a f**king break. No , I dont believe that they made any important discoveries, but I do think people are giving those heartless ba**ards too much credit for stuff they never did.

Peace, TSK

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Didn't the Nazi's kidnap Einstein to help with the A-Bomb? Maybe they made him work on a time-machine, too. I doubt they actually made one - or they would have actually won the war, like Rogue said. Crazy Nazis. I don't think they actually discovered anything important, because I mean the Americans were the ones to launch the first A-bombs and the Germans were helpless to fire back. If the Nazi's discovered anything at all, they probably would have won the war, but they didn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i dont understand this time machine crap.....

people forget that the earth spins and orbits the sun

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension

Originally posted by AD5673

I believe it was a combination of the bell being filled with liquid mercury(which became gaseous when the rotating discs got up to a certain velocity)and the torsion field created emitting radiation.

Cool. Serves them right

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why the hell do you think USA is so powerfull today? Where did they get the ideas and take the research from? The Germans made sure we found as much as we could so the Russians didn't find as much. And that's what they didn't destroy. Much of what they were working on was never put into it's final stages of creation because Hitler and others didn't fully comprehend what these things could do. You have to remember some of the fools that these scientist worked under, the fools had the final say. Some Nazi scientists were known to boch and mess up some of their experiments because they didn't want the technology falling into evil hands. Especially the A-bomb. One of the best scientists they had stayed behind in Germany to send the Nazis on the wrong path of creating the A-bomb. I'll try to find his name but I read a little of a book on it at a U of M library once.

Maybe we created a time machine and that's why we won the war

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Very good question in light of all the myths surrounding Nazi Technology. I have to say based on what I have heard that the answer is no. They were just starting to perfect anti-grav and disruptor technology.

They may have been able to produce space time discontinuity devices after the move to neu-schwabenland (sp?).

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME TRAVEL......there is no such thing as time, time is an idea, time is based off the motion of the entire universe..our time is based off the rotation of the earth on its x axis, 23 hours and 57 minutes..nothing and i mean nothing can ever stop the constant motion of the universe...once a person dies they do not come back to life, sure they energy which created them still exists but it will never be be in the same form. u cannot alter somthing that no longer exists...you can look up into the sky and see the light from a star which was once there but it is just light. The only way time travel is theoretically possible is if there were a machine that could create a alternate dimension in which the same matter exists.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Cool. Now i feel the same way

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join