It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

_____,Mary and Joseph..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just a passing thought here..

So you are Mary..you have just returned home to your boyfriend Joseph and told him that you are now pregnant..by God nonetheless..
Do you really expect him to believe you?

If Jesus is supposed to return 2000 years after his original birth,then someone,somewhere,soon is going to have to do some explaining of this nature.

What if it was your 13 year old daughter even?

What would you as 'Joseph' do?

Will 'faith' even be considered?

I'd like this to concern modern relationship/trust more than religion..

Can we,just for the sake of discussion,either take for granted Jesus did actually exist and came to be in the manner described in the Bible..Or if you prefer,exchange the names with your actual belief/faith... Buddha/Mohammed/Lucifer/whatever..

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well there is a movie that's along these lines.

Agnes of God

Any number of plausible explanations.

If both people are truly mystified, do a fetal blood sampling (Chorionic villus sampling or CVS). Results can be obtained 13-15 wks after last period of the female.

If the DNA typing shows 'god' to be of a common Earthly ancestry, then you can go from there.

We have lots of DNA markers which are related to traits, or disease markers, or even ability to taste or smell certain chemicals.

Now if the Karyotype shows that the 'father' had, oh, some really odd number of chromosomes, then reason to suspect something paranormal. (some mutations have an extra chromosome)

Spectral karyogram of a human female (Wiki)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Wow.. Scarily intellectual answer

Thanks for the reply..Very interesting read,but I'm more looking to see how far people are prepared to trust/distrust each other in modern times..As opposed to what would have seemed to be a fairly blind acceptance in the original story.

This is the wonder that is science now,where you can DNA test and come up with a definite answer to parentage.

I suppose this begs the question on how things would have been different if DNA tests were available then..

A religion based on science instead of faith?.. exactly what might happen if it were to occur in modern times.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ever see the movie 'The Man from Earth?

Synopsis from IMdB (caution, full synopsis contains spoilers)

An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years. Acclaimed Sci-Fi writer Jerome Bixby conceived this story back in the early 1960's. It would come to be his last great work, finally completing it on his deathbed in April of 1998.

It's got a central theme that parallels your question, fully.

My first reply was a bit science fiction, but there has been talk of using dinosaur DNA found in amber-trapped mosquitos (Jurassic Park) and of bringing back the Wooly Mammoth (which is probably quite possible). So there's some precedent in current science if we had Mary's placental tissue or something. Going strictly by the Bible, the DNA from a true virgin birth (parthenogenesis) would have two copies of Mary's DNA, and none of 'God's'. That, alone, would be evidence of a paranormal birth.

Anyway, don't want to stray too far off topic.

I'm still not sure I understand your question, fully.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

If Jesus is supposed to return 2000 years after his original birth,then someone,somewhere,soon is going to have to do some explaining of this nature.

I'm confused here, where in the Bible does it say 2000 years after his birth He will be back?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think that situation of Mary is so hard. If I'm in her situation I really don't know what to do.. So probably it is just the same situation if you're too young and you got pregnant. I know a 16 - year old girl named Emily Turner who disappeared last year in Southern England. She was pregnant and still missing at this very moment. Of course, by this time the baby was born already. No one knows the reason why she ran away. Her family is really making their efforts to find her and even offering a big reward to anyone that can tell her whereabouts. Please let us help them. We can see the more information @ www.findemilyturner.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Originally posted by AGENT_T

I'm confused here, where in the Bible does it say 2000 years after his birth He will be back?

Not only that, but who says he will come the same way he did the first time? I think the general assumption is that he will reincarnate, but that doesn't mean he'll go through the same "away in a manger" schtick.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by michikoblogger
I know a 16 - year old girl named Emily Turner who disappeared last year in Southern England. She was pregnant and still missing at this very moment. Of course, by this time the baby was born already. No one knows the reason why she ran away. We can see the more information @ www.findemilyturner.com...

WOW, I wouldn't expect to find any info about Emily here! michikoblogger, do you know anything else?? Have you been researching Emily's story?? Because there is so much MORE to it... It turned out that Emily is connected to Operation Archangel launched by UK Government and was possibly carrying genetically-engineered baby with Jesus's ancestors' DNA...

There is a leaked video about this Operation although it does not clarify much...www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk...

I am looking for ANY info about this!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeMG

A little disappointed that no one replied...

Well, for those who are digging dip, I've found some interesting stuff...Now Emily is being searched by religious organization called Purge The World...How crazy is this??? Their site (purgetheworld.com) has been running for a while now and here is the video they released about Emily...
vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2012 by JustLu because: decided to NOT feed the troll.

new topics

top topics

join