It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superflu is being brewed in the lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They say that by creating them they will be able to help the world...

Yet if it were to leave the lab and infect the public could kill 10 of millions.

Oh the joy of the world we live in, never a moment of dullness.

We already know that the H5N1 bird flu virus ravaging poultry farms in Asia can be lethal on the rare occasions when it infects people. Now a team is tinkering with its genes to see if it can turn into a strain capable of spreading from human to human. If they manage this, they will have created a virus that could kill tens of millions if it got out of the lab.

Linkage

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Scary as hell. Why would they even risk making it in lab if there was the slightest possibility that it could get out? Couldn't be the gov't trying to find the ultimate bio-warfare weapon, could it?

Edit: Anyone ever see the movie "Outbreak"? Hope we don't end up in the same situation.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Slayer]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
just like t virus in resident evil

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How could creating something like that help the world?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Ok, glad to see I am not the only one who thinks this could create more problems than it could ever fix.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
theyre trying to wipe out the poultry population...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ILOVE CHICKEN FRIED RICE!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i hope that 12 monkeys guy isant working thair.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
We are just guinea pigs in the government's master plan of finding the ultimate bio-weapon. They don't care if it gets out of the lab or not...they don't even care if we die! Because all these out brakes of really fatal sicknesses have just gotten out of hand, I think this is all just one big cover up, I think that they are relesing the sicknesses on purpose.

This wont help the people at all, they are just practacing Human population control and then when they kill off the people they need to kill off they make an anidote. and in the prosess come up with the best bio-weapon ever!

Now please don't say that I'm paronoid....because I'm just exspressing my veiws on the matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
theyre trying to wipe out the poultry population...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ILOVE CHICKEN FRIED RICE!!!

lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Pretty wicked stuff on the part of governments to experiment with very deadly viruses.

They said that they want to develop these before they actually occur, so they have a way to combat them if they actually occur in the real world. How do we know if they are not actually infesting animals and spreading them into the wilderness, or silently releasing these strains on certain areas of the public?

They are developing these strains strictly for reasons of biowarfare and bioterrorism.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the whole government is #ed up! They thik they do good for reducing the human population because we are over populating the Earth, so build homes in space DUH
"but it would cost to much" they say.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

While I don't really agree with the necessity, it could prove to be helpful with regard to preparedness. If a pandemic were to occur right now, we'd be largely unprepared, and with the mortality rate seen in the outbreaks in Asia - between 70-80% - tens of millions dead seems like a liberal number. Though, I highly doubt the intentions are as innocent as research for global preparedness.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If its gonna be released by "accident" anywhere it will be Africa we've seen it before i don't think we'll see the end with AIDS. They won't release something so powerful into thier own territories or the terrority of allies because they still need a functional country to carry out thier war biddings.

Just something to chew on.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh, I agree. It would be an idiotic move to release such a potentially devastating virus on their own population, and their allies. However, with something that has the potential of being extremly virulent, it would really be stupid to release it at all, unless, of course, they had a vaccine in hand.
It'd be more effective if it were genetically manipulated to ravage one ethnic group more than another or something like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I cna understand the logic of tampering with teh genes in order to create antibodies in case it ever jumped to humans. However it just seems...risky. And population control, I doubt would be an issue. The corporate government likes its taxpayers and consumers live.

DE

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
... guys they do # like this all the time. Like. ALL the #ing time. They know how to contain it. There is viruses 100x as deadly that they work with in lab settings, and if ever got out, it could literally kill the human race. 10million is measly.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I agree imtheism...

This is common place - very common place. Im not saying its the best idea in the world, but it makes sense if they think that it could mutate into an airborn virus.

And population control, I doubt would be an issue. The corporate government likes its taxpayers and consumers live.

Again I agree - besides, if "they" are going to test this new bio super weapon, the first tests would most likely be in africa. Why? First off, it is remote from the US where "they" live, so they would probably not contract it temselves. Secondly, there would be a much less public outcry for medical help, so they could study its true effects. But, as I said, this is hardly the case in my estimation.

A side note though - a real good target for a terrorist would be the CDC as they house many of these uberdangerous viruses. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join