It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle ufo video taken with thermal imaging camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is the first time I have come across this footage taken in 2005 with an expensive thermal camera.

Here are the details about the camera and settngs.

Description (As Described by Photographer):
I have some very interesting UFO videos on DVD taken with unique thermal imaging camera system.
The video was made using a 760 thermal imaging camera. This is a rare and expensive camera that has a broad range of temperature sensing. The videos were made with settings spanning in the -60 to -5 degrees Fahrenheit range, as indicated in the 760 data logger bar in the lower part of the screen of the video.
The camera does not detect visible photons; it only reads very long wavelength invisible photons, regardless of day or night viewing. The DVD recorder used to record the video data is simply a $200 consumer unit.

And about the videographer and circumstances.

One of my hobbies is astrophotography and I'm also a member of a local astronomical group.
I also have an infrared night vision monocular. I was initially disappointed with using this thermal camera because it could not resolve stars or other celestial object of interest other than a minimal detection of the moon's surface.
(This is due to our atmosphere and space isolating heat transfer from very distant objects to the camera imager.) Soon, a commercial jet flew overhead and the camera resolved detail and heat with no problems. I set up the DVD recorder to capture heat trails of aircraft and also hoped to capture any meteors. Within minutes of using this camera, I recorded two very low surface temperature (-30 degree) flying objects. One object looked like a "boomerang" and the other like a "wing".
Both were invisible to the infrared night vision monocular and both were silent in operation.
They also moved very slow. About 30 minutes later the "boomerang" was recorded again. The following nights I've recorded a flying "V" object several times (see one of video footages above).
The thermal imaging device shows that the "V" objects have a very low temperature and no audible propulsion.
I also recorded something that looks like a "long cigar" that changes shape.
There are dozens of recordings of a higher temperature flying "cylinders". These cylinders will "quantum leap" in speed at what appears to be random.
The videos are not a hoax, they are genuine. I also took footage of two rising egg shaped objects

Here is his setup.

And the investigators notes.

Investigator's Notes:
I and several of my colleagues have been present when the cameraman has taken some of these footages.
The anomalies captured in these videos have never been visible either to the naked eye or through night-time vision binoculars.
We have observed many conventional phenomena that would be picked up with infrared cameras like falling leaves, insects, birds, and conventional aircraft.
The anomalies listed on this site are not likely to be due to any of these conventional phenomena.
The gentleman who captures these footages is highly talented and has an extensive knowledge of cameras, infrared imaging devices, and computers.
He is an amateur astro-photographer and has taken photos equal in quality to photos taken by the Hubble telescope. More pictures and videos will be posted in the future.

Source

[edit on 30-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Corrent the link, it only directs to photobuckeet main website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I suppose the obvious question is, "Is this really a flying triangle ufo" ?

Thermal imaging, infra red and ultra violet photography I thought was a very recent thing and yet here is this guy doing infra red in 2005.

It would be interesting to find any other footage using these methods.

Would we see a lot more ufo's ?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackMagicianofEloheem
Corrent the link, it only directs to photobuckeet main website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like to try that again.

I was still working on it.

It works ok for me now.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would like to know what the fourth white object is.

It streaks from top to bottom near the end of the vid.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gunter
I would like to know what the fourth white object is.

It streaks from top to bottom near the end of the vid.

Yes so would I.

I think what we can say is that it is at a higher temperature than the surrounding air so if it was close to the camera it could just be a flying insect.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The objects are white because it's a thermal camera.

There are three objects flying in sort of a triangle formation.
Another object streaks by.
Yep, it must be a ufo...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
The objects are white because it's a thermal camera.

Correct

There are three objects flying in sort of a triangle formation.

Good powers of observation.

Another object streaks by.

As mentioned in a post above

Yep, it must be a ufo...

I believe my question was "is this a flying triangle ufo ?"

My fond hope is you were applying humour.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hello Sherpa nice vid --Can you determine or calculate the velocity of this object ?? and also the altitude? It seemed to be traveling at a fast pace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sherpa, those vids are awesome!! What a set up you have..fo' shizzle!!
You gotta get a vid of a commercial jet flying by..just to compare.
I bet there's gonna be a huge difference..
GOOD STUFF!...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bad Mulder

I don't think Sherpa is the original videographer.

Very interesting Sherpa. I have to say that the film is intriguing. Kind of surprised it hasn't generated more buzz.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I do not think the lead motor is lit up.

I think the three lights are the two rear and the large central motor.

I'm still looking for evidence of any electrical or IR activity topside on the UFO.

ED: You might see some triangle activity in some of slides in this video:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/1/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd like to see more of this guys work if at all possible. These images are great but there's no reason to assume this is entirely real. I'd like to see him test this rig out in Nevada, just to see what he gets. Or even Utah.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelc01
reply to post by sherpa

Hello Sherpa nice vid --Can you determine or calculate the velocity of this object ?? and also the altitude? It seemed to be traveling at a fast pace.

Hi angel,

Well you have asked the right questions and the answers are nope and nope

The thing is there are no reference structures and that is the only way I know to determine speed, of course someone else may have a better idea.

The height is also a problem because we do not know the size of the object, again I do not know of another way to estimate altitude.

If we consider most sighting reports of flying triangles are when they are moving very slow or not at all then does this mean the object is not in the same catagory ?

I guess we could ask, "Is there such a thing as perfect video footage of a ufo ?"

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
An excellent video, thanks for your thread! I believe it is one of them triangle UFOs, mainly because in a lot of footage I've seen of them, they have "lights" on the three corners just like in this one.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for posting this. It certainly is an interesting find. I would be very curious to see the results from repeat experiments, in different parts of the country, just to see what is captured.

It is extremely interesting that the objects were allegedly invisible to the naked eye or IR binoculars, but could be seen on the more sensitive equipment. If only there were some reference point for determining height/speed!

Nice find, though.

I'm never certain if they're real or not, but they sure are fun to speculate about!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal
reply to post by Bad Mulder

I don't think Sherpa is the original videographer.

Your absolutely right JeepGal, Bad Mulder I am not the guy with the photographic equipment.

Very interesting Sherpa. I have to say that the film is intriguing. Kind of surprised it hasn't generated more buzz.

Yes I thought it was interesting too, it is unusual to find something that is not posted on youtube for a change although it did mean I could not embed it for this thread.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great find, Sherpa. I watched the videos. The Sept. 30 vid piqued my interest the most because it held it's formation through the entire video. I have to add, though, that the object that moves from the top to the bottom of the screen appears to me to be a bird.

I would love to have seen him do more controlled taping for comparisons. But these are great, thanks for posting them.

Originally posted by Bad Mulder
You gotta get a vid of a commercial jet flying by..just to compare.

If you go to the source site and view the Jan. 24, 2006 video, there is an aircraft (appears commercial) in it. The ufo in question appears to fly from right to left. But to me it 'object' behaves like a bird or bat. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Great find, Sherpa. I watched the videos. The Sept. 30 vid piqued my interest the most because it held it's formation through the entire video. I have to add, though, that the object that moves from the top to the bottom of the screen appears to me to be a bird.

I would tend to agree with you, it is difficult to tell the time of day the video was taken, there is a time stamp for the date and I was trying to work out if the time was in there, I think it may be 20: something so I would guess that this may be still light for september which would indicate a bird rather than a bat.

I would love to have seen him do more controlled taping for comparisons. But these are great, thanks for posting them.

I appreciate your thanks hsur2112

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

It looks to me rather like three 'lunar spheres' locked in triangular formation, with a fourth craft flying independently.
Some years ago, my wife and I saw exactly the same thing in broad daylight flying over our house at around fifteen hundred feet[estimate],
we live alongside an airfield and the circuit height is eleven hundred feet.
Regargs,
Horsegiver.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join