It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucians, what are they?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by LookingIntoIt
I was watching something and it briefly mentioned something about a Rosicrucian text that had to do with 'making yourself invisible.' For some reason my mind puts a woman next to the text, so I think a woman wrote it. I looked online but found nothing, Frater, or anyone else, can you confirm the existence of a text that has to do with rendering yourself invisible?

Samael Aun Weor was a Rosicrucian and he gave techniques on becoming invisible in two or three of his books. Watch for his 'Treatise of Occult Medicine and Practical Magic' book that Thelema Press is publishing.

He speaks in some of his books about which Rosicrucian Lodges are of "Black Magic" and which ones are of "White Magic".

He also explains that one of the only authentic Rosicrucian Lodges left, is one that exists in a 'state of Jinas' in Chapultepec, Mexico.

ONE

Is that actually possible tamahu? I would have to see someone invisible before I could believe that.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How'd you be able to see someone invisible in order to believe it? If you could see it, would he be invisible?

To me, invisibility is a state of mind... like the X-Files episode where the Nam vet could go invisible. Then there is the movie Mystery Men... where the kid could become invisible as long as no one looked...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It was just a joke.
Nothing like a little laughter to lighten such a deep subject a little.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I didn't even pay enough attention to what you said to catch the joke. lol!

I just thought you simply meant that someone would have to prove it to you.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadmium
Does anyone know if there's a connection between Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland and the Rosicrucians?

Not that I remember reading. Freemasonry and Rosicrucians seem to be completely separte groups. I'm sure there could be some member overlap.

www.ancientquest.com...

Many claims, suppositions, and theories add to the aura of intrigue and mystery about Rosslyn Chapel. It has been suggested as the repository for many artifacts, including the lost Scrolls of the Temple, the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, and the true Stone of Destiny. Part of this mystique may arise from known associations with the Sinclair family of Scotland, with Templar and Masonic orders, and the fact that Sir William himself was described as a Knight of the Golden Fleece and a Knight of the Coquille St. Jacques (better known as the Knights of Santiago), both prestigious orders of their time.

www.ancientquest.com...

Overall, Rosicrucianism and its concepts are connected with various Hermetic and Gnostic traditions, and the history of alchemy in Europe. It is associated with illustrious figures such as John Dee of Elizabethan England, Elias Ashmole, Robert Fludd, Robert Boyle, and Sir Francis Bacon. It is also intimately connected with the founding of the Invisible College, which eventually became the Royal Society, the great scientific academy which had a seminal influence in the development of science and scientific thought. It is thus worthy of the wider and more serious academic study which it is now beginning to attract.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Freemasonry and Rosicrucians seem to be completely separte groups. I'm sure there could be some member overlap.

The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite preserves a Rosicrucian Grade called Knight Rose Croix, which is the 18� of the system.
There is also in existence a Masonic Rosicrucian Society. www.yorkrite.com...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Quote: "I've heard Rosicrucians being discussed along with other secret groups. An Internet search makes it look like a religion."

Well if you are doing Web Searches on the Subject - you have probably ran across the words "Quabbalah" & "Alchemy" quite a few times!!! To a lot of people this is all just a bunch of New Age fluff!!! To me personally - Occult Subjects like the "Quabbalah" & "Alchemy" & "Magick" are very REAL & quite Powerfull!!! This stuff is not a joke - it is a very serious thing!!! If you don't believe so than you shouldn't stick your nose were it doesn't belong!!

P.S. Hey Frater "E.C." - whats up man - you never e-mailed me back BTW!!!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There are many Rosicrucian groups throughout the world. The biggest one is the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC based in San Jose, CA. They are mostly an organization designed to obtain money from their followers, IMHO.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Rosicrucians are a "quasi-theological" society that fancied alchemy and the occult. They are nicknamed, "The Invisibles". The Rosicrucians were reported to be formed by renegade Knight Templars who survived the extermination, some believe that their roots stem in the Eastern religions. Other then they don't make the Vatican happy and they search for secret knowledge that should be a start.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jekyllisland
The Rosicrucians were reported to be formed by renegade Knight Templars who survived the extermination, some believe that their roots stem in the Eastern religions.

According to the Fama, the earliest of the Rosicrucian documents, the Fraternity of Rosicrucians was founded by Father Christian Rosenkreutz, a German monk and clergyman, who had been initiated into the Mysteries during his travels to the East. None of the Rosicrucian documents claim descent from the medieval chivalric orders.
The Fama, as well as The Confession and The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz, can be read here:

www.crcsite.org...

I.N.R.I.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hope some of this helps, it's from some research I've been doing lately on secret societies and conspiracy theories.
They are nicknamed the Invisbles
There are different ideas of their origins, the most prevalent was that they were the forerunners of the Freemason, the Masons still have a rank called Knight of the Red Cross. Originaly their history is linked to the Eastern mystics such as the Alumbrados as well as Jewish Cabalists and Hermetic magi. First public notice arrived between 1614-1620 with the documents previosuly said the Fama and the Confessio. Something interesting is that reportedly no one has ever admitted on finding the secret knowledge which was supposedly allow one to become a member, I know that there is an Order out there with a weebsite but I am talking about in medievel times.
As for the Golden Dawn it was a real order of the Rosicrucians but was eitehr destroyed by a group called the Technomancers, who's main goal is to destroy secret societies or it was destroyed from internal strife, some blame Aleister Crowley.

Just some things I found out, hope it helps

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jekyllisland
As for the Golden Dawn it was a real order of the Rosicrucians but was eitehr destroyed by a group called the Technomancers, who's main goal is to destroy secret societies or it was destroyed from internal strife, some blame Aleister Crowley.

The Golden Dawn wasn�t really destroyed, it just went defunct after a while. Crowley was partly responsible for the Isis-Urania Temple in London going dark, but had little influence on other GD Temples.
For the most part, those who advanced in the GD usually left to form their own Orders. Crowley formed Astrum Argentium, Dion Fortune formed Society of the Inner Light, and Paul Foster Case formed Builders of the Adytum (of which I�m a member). All of these Orders are based upon basic GD/Rosicrucian orthodoxy.
Nevertheless, some strains of the GD survived, and there are Temples still in existence who were chartered by A.E. Waite and Moina Mathers.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
did not read all the replies,
but don't they have something to do with the Knights Templar,
the "rose cross' ,and all that?
don't know for sure, jst my .02

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by DarkRain]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
CookieMonster

Please, spare us from your B.S. , thank you. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Zedd

The Golden Dawn may have Rosicrucian's origins, but the Rosicrucian religion/ideologie is much more than just the Golden Dawn.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite preserves a Rosicrucian Grade called Knight Rose Croix, which is the 18� of the system.
There is also in existence a Masonic Rosicrucian Society. www.yorkrite.com...

Just a question: Isn't the Rosicrucian society older than the Masonic society?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

I believe so m0rbid, Christian Rosenkreuz lived in the 14th century, long before Freemasonry evolved from the stonecutters' fraternity of the early Rennaissance.

Among its roles over the centuries are counted Descartes, Victor Hugo, Count Saint Germain, Geothe, even Newton and some say Einstein.

And BTW, it is not a religion.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yes, the Rosicrucians are olde then the Freemasons. Most people believe that they were formed from the teachings of the German mystic Christian Rosencrutz in 1313. The teachings were to prepare the world for evolution changes in the religions of the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"As far as the freemasons go, yes, you are right. The freemasons is an off-shoot of the Rosi's... so is the Knights Templar."

From my understanding the Rosicrucians and the Free Masons developed from the Knights Templar.

So does anyone have any positive comments about this group - I am thinking about joining.

Take it easy

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Probably not. The first Rosicrucian documents emerged on the scene in the early 17th century, while the earliest Masonic records are dated in the 14th century. The Fama of the Rosicrucians claims that they were formed in the 14th century, but this appears to be an allegorical tale featuring the legendary Christian Rosenkreutz, a pseudo-historical character who probably did not exist (except as a metaphor).
However, many believe that modern Freemasonry (from the 17th century onward) was influenced, or perhaps even organized, by the Rosicrucians.
During the Rosicrucians� heyday, Masonic Lodges were still craftsmen�s guilds. But about the same time the Rosicrucians �disappeared�, Freemasonry underwent a profound transformation, and the Masonic Legend of the Third Degree contains many parallels to the legend of Christian Rosenkreutz.
There is no real evidence to support my theory here, so I will state in advance that it�s entirely speculation. But it seems not only possible, but likely, that what we today know as Freemasonry is a result of the Rosicrucians joining the mason�s guilds to conceal themselves, perhaps due to he fear of persecution after their anti-Catholic manifestos were published (they seemed to take great pride in calling the pope the antichrist). If true, this would help explain why a workingman�s association underwent the radical transformation into a philosophical and mystic society in such a short time.

Fiat Lvx.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join