It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard of ACHLYS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist.

I was Inspired by JJ's story as noted in the "Please Play Nice" thread and so here is mine...

My GODDESS is ACHLYS (details found here) and how I came to have her as my focus of worship is that she came to me both in my dreams and that she manifests herself in a multitude of ways in my external world. 1stly to my dreams. For a three month period a year ago she forcefully intruded into my dreams in the form of a re-accuring nightmare where she gives birth to me (I am chaos) and then she unsuccessfully suckles me and then finally out of her own hunger and desires she devours the only thing available ...me! Nevertheless to say that this was pure torture would be an understatement and so I committed myself to an asylum for treatment.

During my stay at the asylum I combated her with medication and dream therapy and won a negotiated stalemate where we consume little bits of each other...its not pretty..its not nice but we both survive and 2ndly we don't end up killing or being killed by each other. This manifested in a return to almost normal reality for me except it had changed slightly in that I found if I followed a self discovered protocol then I could get what I really needed (not what I really wanted though! Bummer huh?) and I thought this was miraculous and although I soon learned its limitations, it was a start! Now a full year on I have grown in my relationship with ACHLYS as she reveals things to me while I provide her with a cautiously dedicated worshiper.

Which brings me to ask...Does anybody else worship a non-mainsteam/nonstandard GOD/DESS and if so why?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

we can worship the notion that *god* is just a term contrived by humans yes? Can i not worship this.

Maybe Humans Contrived the Figure and/or Notion of a God and we can all worship anything not just these mystical beings/fairies in the sky purportedly.

I suppose i worship the term that God Is just a notion Contrived by humans many eons ago. Is this allowed or is it to out of context!
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
S+F! Always looking for great posts like this.

Since I am a euhemerist, I do not believe in any alternate gods in the sense that you are using; however, I DO believe in God.

I am a Pantheist, meaning that I believe that the Universe and God are one and the same. When other religions speak of the Brahman, Holy Spirit or Great Spirit being present everywhere and in everything, I take it to the most literal side of the spectrum.

Honestly, I do believe that EVERY religion and "mythology" all speaks about one God. Whether you believe that this God is Jesus Christ, or Vishnu, or Achlys, it does not matter: it merely proves my point. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, their own manifestation of god to worship.

Just my two ever-so-humble cents,
Seraph

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No but I am looking for Sophia
as I am her mother, and am dedicated to finding her…..
which may set us all free.
just saying…..
tetra

top topics

join