It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported over St. Augustine, Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jacksonville news center 5, WJXX, reported UFO sighted over the St. Augustine, Florida area. Photos were taken last night, and appeared on TV tonight. The event occurred last night, Saturday, 19 April. The photo showed what appeared to be a very large triangular shaped object with a light on each corner, as well as a center mounted light. This is the same type object that is being recorded elsewhere in growing numbers.

Has anyone out there any comments in this recent sighting? The news cast said that someone claimed that the lights were "Japanese candle lights." I really must say, if this is the case, then why is it they always appear in triangular shape, along with a center light? Amazing!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
How about a link? I'd like to see the pictures.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just caught it on the last local news, & had no way to record or upload it. You can e-mail comments to WJXX.com. They report that they have had a lot of e-mails thus far.

As for me, I have not the technology to up-link. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
here is a link to the story..

www.firstcoastnews.com...
Local News - St. Augustine Residents Say a UFO Flew Over Their Homes

here is the video...i had to click on the stand alone player to get it to play...it opened up in windows media player for me.

www.firstcoastnews.com...
First Coast News - News on Demand Video -

seems it was chinese lanterns...?

ok found these on you tube....

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - UFO ST AUGUSTINE FLORIDA

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - UFO ST AUGUSTINE FLORIDA

[edit on 20-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks Easynow, your a great backup!

Yes, the "old lantern trick." Can you believe that? People fall for it every time. I guess it just "soothes the soul." But not this soul.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

Yes I agree with you that the ole "Chinese Sky Lantern" trick is being pulled a lot lately. There was another one recently with video that was pushed off to be some sky lanterns... Seem to be pretty common even though I've never seen anything like that floating around.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN
reply to post by easynow

Thanks Easynow, your a great backup!

Yes, the "old lantern trick." Can you believe that? People fall for it every time. I guess it just "soothes the soul." But not this soul.

hey no problem,

i live in central florida so any ufo story close to me catches my attention quickly....

yes alot of sightings are those chinese lanterns and the news report on this seems to say thats w3hat it is...but i cant really tell by the video because there really isnt a zoomed in shot of the ufo.

but it does appear to be the chinese lanterns but i am just guessing.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Maybe we need to get Mythbusters to launch a series of "Japanese lanterns," track & photograph them & compare their relative data against all the scores and stores of the formations caught by the average scout out on their deck.

I guess that I am missing something here, but I think Scooby Doo can figure this pattern out.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The still shot photo aired by WJXX was very plain & clear. Perhaps more will become of this. As for this puppy, it's lights out for the night.

Good-night all...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi. I live in St. Augustine, FL, too. On Saturday at around 3:45 pm I saw two UFOs (unidentified flying objects) in the sky as well. I have pictures, but only one really came out. If you guys would like to see them I can try to upload them. This is my first time posting on this board, can I just paste the html code from photobucket on here?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes, try to upload. I am not current on new tech... as I'm old school. I will try to shoot a U2U to one of the Moderators again.

...Helloooooo out there M. MODERATOR... can you give us a hand down in the rabbit hole???????

Many thanks if you can hear us. (We are probably back page news bye now since the LIGHTS switched back on in Phoenix.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We have troopers working on your inquiry. I posted a note to a MOD. Don't give up the ship.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN
The photo showed what appeared to be a very large triangular shaped object with a light on each corner, as well as a center mounted light.

That sounds very much like what me and my girlfriend saw a year or so ago in Florida. It was a really a bright light. Then as we got closer it was two bright lights right next to each other. Then when we passed under it it was three bright lights in a triangle shape with a fainter flashing light in the center.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I went on vacation to St. Augustine last year. What a wild and crazy place. The tours are expensive, and silly, and the only thing that will haunt you is your empty wallet when you leave.

I can't see how any aliens would want to visit there, unless they hope to add to the tourist charisma, along with the supposed haunted places.

Now how short was Ponce De Leon? LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by -Jaguar-

Can you say where it occurred?
Any other data that may be relevant?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

I made post about it here when it happened. There's a chance it was a plane with it's landing lights on since it was only about 40 miles from PBI, but I'm still unsure. It was around midnight between Port St. Lucie and Jupiter on I-95. We didn't stop and look at it and didn't have a camera, we were driving.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
yeah this one is those lanterns. I live in Orlando and i can tell you from experience that we don't lack in our share of black triangles. especially since just to the south we have a bombing range

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I live in the Orlando area as well but all I see is flights heading in and out of OIA at all times of the day. If you don't mind my asking, where do you see Black Triangles?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well the last time I saw one was about3 years ago with frequency increasing further back I go. The last one I saw was at about 3 a.m. after I got off work. I work and live about 5 minutes outside of OIA in the Conway area. It was fairly low moving across the landing paths probably (est.)6-7 miles outside of the OIA airspace. Dead silent, no FAA lights, just 3 white lights in a triangular formation with a steady glowing red in the center. It was moving fairly slowly to the east then made an abrupt 90 degree angle flat turn then sped off. As you know there is no local low-level commercial traffic that late here, landing or taking off.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Jaguar & djvexd:
...as well as all other members concerned...

Hear me out now for a moment of your time. If you have been one of the fortunate people who honestly believe they have witnessed something not of this world you need to consider something that few ever do: DOCUMENTATION. I strongly recommend this very easy task. It is simple, quick, anonymous, free, honest, and above all prudent. The ultimate one stop source for this is the "National UFO Reporting Center."
Google it. Go there. Do it. They do not/will not accept personal names, etc.

If 50% of the people who are witnesses were to do this...well...let's just say that it would begin to change the world's view of witness'. It would begin to "bother those who monitor & suppress such issues." Not that we condon or seek world chaos & general social/religious upheaval... we would rather have disclosure a bit faster than what is currently being applied. (Just my happy thoughts on that issue).

But again, I stress the importance of DOCUMENTATION. It is very crucial if we are to move forward with the obvious.

It does not matter if the event occurred 68 freezing winters ago or if your girlfriend's eyes were hazel. The important point is that you Document the event. I had no idea how to go about it until recently. It has taken me 44 years, but what I saw was not of this world & it is on file now. I feel as if I have done my human duty by making sure of that.

After reviewing case histories on file at the above mentioned site, I was stunned at the rise in number of this particular "triangle type." Do yourselves a favor & look into the site. But don't leave it without doing your duty to yourself & others by documenting it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join