It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unclassified Primate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a repost but that sure doesn't look like a bear to me.
Bigfoot Forest Cam photo

Found here: BFRO site

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh yeah, that's been talked about here I believe..but I bet lots of folks might not have seen it. Its been about 3 months or so.

I don't think anything new has come in on the " mangy bear " or bigfoot debate.

I still am not sure myself. Its a good weird set of photos to make one wonder.

oh!! to edit in .... check out "bigfoot forums . com" for a in depth thread on this subject!! lots of info there!!

SOURCE www.bigfootforums.com...

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Looks like it has some long limbs on it man. The back is arched to, I havent seen a humped bear before
. Black bears do have a lanky look to them but this would suggest otherwise, the hind limbs appear longer then the front, Looks like it would atleast allow some bi pedal stance to be acheived ( Bears also).

In overall opinion. Looks like a Chimp or a species of the ape familey.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I cant believe anyone would say this is a bear.

Clearly it is some kind of primate.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It seems that from what I've found that most folks think this IS a bear.

See here www.bigfootforums.com...

With all the recent intrest in photos from "trail cams" I think lots more people will set these cams up.

It will be cool to see up-coming "trail cam" pictures and folks going on about if there real or not (just like UFO pics)

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is the thread where this has been discussed previously:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a very interesting set of pictures. To me, it definitely looks more like a primate than a bear. But then again I haven't seen a bear in 15 years, and that was from a distance.

Edit spelling

[edit on 4-20-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread, I have no doubt that this is a bear. I grew up in the area of this sighting and have seen many, many black bears and there is nothing unnatural about the body stance this bear takes here. You will see arch back stances usually with young or smaller bears.

When black bears are thin they often look like their limbs are longer than normal.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by jbondo]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it's a bear - but the arms look a little short to me, for it to be a primate; they don't seem completely in proportion to its pose.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This link shows the full sequence of photos. Gonna have to side with them on this one and call it a juvenile bear.

OP Image:

join