It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad says oil at US$115 a barrel is too low, calls for higher prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Iran's Ahmadinejad says oil at US$115 a barrel is too low, calls for higher prices

www.aol.com.a u

"The oil price of $115 a barrel in today's global markets is a deceiving figure. Oil is a strategic commodity that needs to discover its real value," the Web site of Iran's state-run television quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"While the price of other commodities have increased, the economic value of the current oil price is even less than 1980," he said.

Ahmadinejad accused Western industrialized nations of "selfishness" in their quest for cheaper oil.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, you do have to give him an E for effort in stirring up trouble lately.

In the last week he has said:

Iran will destroy Israel if attacked (can't blame him there)
Iran wants to give away nuclear secrets
He's installing 6000 centrifuges
He has the most powerful military in the world

I am sure I am missing some good ones as well, but he sure seems to be kicking up the rhetoric. Now I just have to wonder if he is really kicking it up or is our media kicking up it's campaign against Iran trying to sway public opinion before the inevitable war?

www.aol.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

SR

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's in the interest of all oil producing countries for oil to stay above $100 dollars.

The recent finds in Brazil will hopefully cause a stir and maybe bring the prices down a little bit.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well to put it into perspective its not only Ahmadinejad who is saying that its also all the oil execs too...they feel oil is cheap and want it to go higher...so I guess that puts them on the same level as Ahmadinejad..I mean I dont know whats worse someone who says he is enjoying the high prices or a government that refuses to do anything about it...Once again perspective.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Of course they all want it to go up. Every dollar they can drive it up translates to millions if not billions in increased profits depending on the country / company. They want to continue driving it up until they find the point of resistance where it affects consumption.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
its just more fuel for the fire. or up coming fire, i hope big oil enjoys it now because you cant take it with you where you are going. (south)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Of course they all want it to go up. Every dollar they can drive it up translates to millions if not billions in increased profits depending on the country / company. They want to continue driving it up until they find the point of resistance where it affects consumption.

Correct but it annoys me that they will print this on the MSM and then not mention the fact that our government is allowing this to happen. Its propaganda is what it is and just to make my point I said earlier because I really feel this is the point and that is Im not sure what is worse the guy who is enjoying the $117 a barrel or our government who is letting it happen and turning a blind eye. To me there is no distinction.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well, how many of those in the government that are turning a blind eye to it are also profiting off of the high prices? It is beneficial for a lot of people to have those prices so high.

I agree with you.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Another attempt by Ahmadinejad to get the attention of the West. Starting to become childish as Kim Jong Il
He is unpopular and the Iranian people are frustrated by Iranian isolation and banning of reformists in recent elections.

Ahmadinejad wants the US to attack because he believes it will make him popular and bring the Messiah to Earth (no joke)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Another attempt by Ahmadinejad to get the attention of the West. Starting to become childish as Kim Jong Il
He is unpopular and the Iranian people are frustrated by Iranian isolation and banning of reformists in recent elections.

Ahmadinejad wants the US to attack because he believes it will make him popular and bring the Messiah to Earth (no joke)

I dont disagree but the US keeps giving him these talking points to spew out and that is my point...high gas, invading other countries, etc etc. Our government is like a 3 year old "WAHHHH Im telling on you...you said gas is to cheap wahhhh" while sitting back and not doing crap about it. If the government would step in oil could be back down to $50 a barrel and gas back down to $1.60 a gallon which is a fair price.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Looks like Ahmadinejad has a sense of humour after all!

Or is he suicidal and trying to provoke a third world war by baiting the coalition of the willing until they snap and tactically nuke his entire country's infrastructure overnight, thereby setting back his country another 30 years and losing oil revenues in the process?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i think Iran has got enough Oil to add fuel to the fire hehe.

and on the top of that, they have got rid of their both enemies i.e Saddam and Taliban... the US is the biggest looser of war on terror and Iran is the biggest gainer ... no?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think you are confusing Iran with the Saudis. Bush is helping the Saudis get rid of their enemies, Iran is one of the last countries standing in the way of a global oil monopoly imo.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is a disturbing development because it at long last provides something for the American people to rally behind as justification to attack Iran - higher fuel prices.

Threats like that affect everyones wallet, and that just won't do. Mob mentality - I don't care what you have to do but bring down the price of my fuel.

top topics

join