It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter is gibberish, judge Rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thank the Lord! Perspective. Now I am happy. The woman who was crying and whining about her work deserves this.

J. K. Rowling heard her work described as "gibberish" by a US judge yesterday at the end of a three-day trial into an unauthorised encyclopaedia of her Harry Potter novels.

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

And such a great perspective, baring in mind that judges are notoriously well known for having such a well grounded concept of reality.

MonKey

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lol funny story, but if her stories are gibberish then why are they soo damn popular? Answer me that.

-fm

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
but if her stories are gibberish then why are they soo damn popular? Answer me that.

Because people like gibberish?

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, I couldn't get through the first chapter of the Potter stories either, but I hope the judge at least applies the law about whether this encyclopedia is a derivative work or not. As a librarian there will be a lot of reference books that will live or die by this ruling.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Are you sure such a 'celebrity' won't have her own special rules?

I am not so sure that this will change the publishing landscape.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Considering she writes children's books, I've always thought she takes herself a little too seriously.

Maybe it's just me.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Musky]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've read all of her books, and found them to be easy to follow.... and the kind of story that draws you in and keeps you there.

That being said, the judge is right. It is gibberish, course what fantasy fiction isn't?

top topics

join