It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Names Former 'Pest Control' Exec as Housing Secretary!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
LMAO!!!

Honestly, all I have been able to do throughout this astoundingly embarassing and criminalistic administration is just throw my hands up in the air in bewilderment...A former "Bug Man" with no experience whatsoever being appointed to the worst housing crisis situation in History? Oh well, he'll fit in perfectly with the rest of these bumbling, inept crooks.

WASHINGTON — President Bush's nomination Friday of Steve Preston to head the Department of Housing and Urban Development came under fire for the nominee's lack of housing experience amid the worst national housing downturn in memory.

Critics and some key lawmakers said that Preston, who heads the Small Business Administration, was a lawn-care and pest-control business executive before Bush put him at the SBA in 2006.

"In seeking to fill this important Cabinet post I looked for a leader with an impressive background in finance; someone who understands the important role the housing market plays in the broader economy," the president said. "I sought a reformer who would act aggressively to help Americans obtain affordable mortgages ... and be able to keep their homes."

Full Story
www.mcclatchydc.com...

[edit on 19-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whatever do you mean, DD, to imply he's not a fit for the job? Why, someone has to keep all the foreclosed houses pest free and their lawns mowed! Yes, certainly that is what the POTUS means to do, have him take care of all those foreclosed properties.

Tom Delay was a former pest control person, and he "bugged out". They're all a bunch of bugging out buggers.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We are in good hands now. Is this his picture?

I can't wait to see what the rest of Bush's term brings us.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Honestly, all I have been able to do throughout this astoundingly embarassing and criminalistic administration is just throw my hands up in the air in bewilderment...

I'm right with ya' there, DD... along with the shaking palsey head from side to side... unbelievable...

Hilarious, Karl

I think that solidifies it for me. I've been seriously considering to just stop paying my mortgage. I believe this is my cue. Screw 'em. They are all going to treat everything as a joke? So will I.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All that matters to the PTB is that he will do as he is told.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Karl, that is so funny!
Will Hank be named as head of the Department of Energy?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Maybe he's going to use the mans pest control skills on future would be buyers. I think Bush wants to own everything

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is the same Steve Preston I knew in Los Angeles 30 years ago?

Wow! Wouldn't that be cool?

Just think of the parties I'll get invited to now!! Wow! Maybe I can even meet Dick.....(cheney).....

I have a new battery for Dick's pacemaker....really, it's for his good, I'll be happy to install it myself!.......

top topics

join