It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's up...military medical scare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been covered on ATS, I am away from home for training and do not have time to peruse the site and I have not read it since Tuesday night. I am just logging on for 5 minutes to share this.

Someone who is a hotel manager told me that they have had 16 people check in in the last few hours, all from the same company, and the person in charge explained that they were there to "test soldiers for a bad sickness that's going around." Also there have been about 6 packages received for these people, each from a different courier, in the last hour or so, all described as large boxes that appear to be refrigerated. These people seem to want to keep their reason for staying a complete secret from all but the hotel management; they told the bellhop that the packages were just things they forgot when they left the place they came from.

Any ideas? I will be back w/updates if possible, if I have any to share at all...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Where are you located? Is there a military base or VA hospital near by?

What is the name of the company? Is it a drug manufacturer? Some drugs need to be refrigerated.

Are you part of hotel managment? If not, why is the management giving you any details?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't know...Why would they not confine this sort of activity to a base or barracks? Bell Hop? I didn't know they even still had those except in the most posh hotels. Excellent questions Enthralled Fan. Additionally, how would the hotel clerk know they were all from the same company?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Company name is most likely listed for all the rooms instead of the individuals who are in the rooms. I am a hotel auditor, currently at work, this is procedure for most hotels to register by company name. The clerk probably knows because he/she checked them in.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

My impression is that the OP means military company or unit and not a 'corporate' company. I dunno.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, we do military here at our hotel, they are simply listed as Government. A single representative came in and created the account, and it is paid by direct billing, no credit cards or cash, just deposited straight into the account. But we never know who is actually in the rooms. At one time though we had some in house, and one of the gentlemen had been drinking and came down late, he talked to me about why he was here, turned out later he was telling the truth. It was about our air and water quality.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Been keeping an eye on this for more detail... Where is the rainman?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sorry folks I am just getting to sit down at my computer. I was away for a few days for military training and this was at a hotel that located a stone's throw from the base's main gate and frequently used by civilian visitors to the base.

This is in the northeast USA.

I do not know what company it was, but I can ask. Yes I mean a civilian company, not a Company-sized element of soldiers.

A relative of mine is the manager who was on duty when these people checked in. All of the furthur info I got from him following the initial phone call, was that a total of about 22 people from this company were staying there.

I've honestly been quite exhausted and following up on this was the furthest thing from my mind today, I needed to get ready to go back to work in the morning, I know you all are as hungry for info as I am, but I need to get some shuteye and follow up with my source sometime tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Patience is a virtue. I will wait patiently. [smile]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Very few furthur details available.

No idea what the company name was, but all of the people had southern USA accents, which to my source sounded like Alabama, Mississippi, or possibly Georgia.

They arrived in the area by air at a local civilian airport and rented a large white van and a light-colored SUV. Judging by the number of people, either they piled into two vehicles and transported their equipment separately, or there were more vehicles that were not seen.

Perhaps most significantly, my source heard one of them use the word "outbreak" when describing the malady that they were testing for. Upon furthur questioning, the actual phrase may have been "potential outbreak" or "___ that has the potential to become an outbreak." However the people themselves seemed casual and not especially concerned.

That's all I could learn, just had a short phone call, I asked that he attempt to remember more if possible to put pieces of the puzzle together.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense that if there were some sort of potential health crisis they would be being placed in a Hotel. Under what circumstances woulod this make sense?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
In Arizona there is a small outbreak of measles. In Canada an outbreak of Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, a strain of a common bacterium that has become resistant to several antibiotics, has caused quarantines in prisons. Still looking for a more relevant story...
*two cows killed by naturally occurring anthrax in minnesota...
*canine flu causes quarantine in animal shelter, michigan....

[edit on 23-4-2008 by beaverg]

[edit on 23-4-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Maybe the people are from the CDC?

When I lived in Northern Wisconsin, nearly everyone on my street contracted Lymes disease in one season. That includes all of my family members.

They sent the CDC to interview people about it, and they traveled in a group like you described.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I ran the questions by my source one more time, I don't think we will be able to find out what they were there for.

The people were definitely employed by a company; had they been from the government, they would have had to present ID as well as a Tax Exempt certificate. They paid regular commercial rates for the rooms.

That's about all there is to know, though my source said he would chat it up with co-workers this week to see if anyone else saw anything.

new topics

top topics

join