It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Married tomorrow any advice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm getting married tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any advice they would like to share with me. My wife and I met a year ago and knew we were meant to be together so 6 months into it we decided to take the plunge. I know.....very fast but for both if us it feel like the right thing to do. I suppose the hardest part was finding a venue but now with that and all the little details out of the way, we're ready to go. She has been nervous for the past week now but for myself I can honestly say that I am very calm. The only thing i feel a little twinge of angst about is the first dance (we took lessons and had the instructor choreograph a routine for us) but I have two left feet and a VERY short term memory.

I can say that we've never had any major arguments yet...is that normal?

plus being not nervous....should I be? haha

In all honesty we are both looking forward to the big day and all the days that follow. Any marriage advice would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've got some advice....RUN!!!

Naah I'm joking,don't worry about not arguing alot,you will. Just remember,she's always right. best advice I can give is,you both need your own space and your own mates. Yeah sure get them all together every now and then for a knees up like,but you need to get out of eachothers way occasionally.

Share the bills,or if 1 earns alot more than the other,1 person gets the food,one person does the bills. When all is said and done,being with someone for the rest of your life takes work. You're going to put eachother right through the mill and back again. Aslong as you can come out the other end laughing and still holding hands. that's what counts. There is no remedy as such,cos we're all different.

Have a lovely day tomorow,may the sun shine down on you. And may you be looking after eachother in your old age. Good luck!!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks!!! She's one of the most organized people I've ever known so we're all set for the bill part (we make the same $$) we're definitely going to have to move when we get back as we live in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment....with a big dog.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nope, except put your laundry in the hamper.
Don't leave stubs in the sink.

But most of all I wish you both " A Wonderful Life Together"

WIS

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I wish the both of you best of luck. You will have your ups & downs like everyone else but the love is always there.
Just listern to each other

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Treat her like she is the love of your life. Don’t forget to do the little things that make her eyes shine and her heart melt. Tell her you love her often and mean it. Never go to bed angry and always kiss her goodnight.

I hope you both have a happy life together.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Advice?

Drink!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm going to presume that you're all nice and happy on your honeymoon. I hope the wedding was a screaming succsess,and may the rest of your life be just as happy.

new topics

top topics

join