It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My motto is this: I am always pooping (give this a chance!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm a musician. I write songs constantly... and a lotta times, I write a song and it's a one off thing, just a spontaneous moment of creativity... and then it's gone. I move onto other things, and I always know that I can always write another song. So, really... I don't get people who put so much ownership into their music. I don't get people who think it's justifiable to tell people that they must pay to listen to their song. I don't get people who think they are owed something for something that comes natural to them. Do you get paid for walking, or breathing, or eating.... or pooping?

I love the word poop, also. It's a very funny word, no matter how old I get. Poop. Poopie. Kaka. Doodoo. poopoo. All that big brown mushy #! I've come to the conclusion that those who can't laugh at the word poop, basically have totally been mentally eaten alive by conformity, and the child inside them has been asfixiated to death.

Your mind needs input. Your mind creates output in the form of creativity/actions. What is input also? Food. What is the output of that? hehehe POOP!!!!

So, in a sense... we are always pooping.

Spiritually, we are messed up. All the things that have hapened to us as a species.... it's really been a bad diet of history that we've had, hasn't it?

It shows in our spiritual excrement....

I write songs in response to the things I experience around me.... the thoughts that are created in response to my environment....

So.... in essence, what is MUSIC?

Music is the excrement of what your mind ate for dinner. That's what all art is. That's what all action is. That's what our reality is.

Our reality is soul poop, and it reflects what the mind has been eating.

Let's give our souls a better diet. Let's make beautiful poop together, shall we?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Bravo!!! You've magnificently pooped in this forum!!!

You are a virtuoso of mental poop......

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
well... you know what they say when things get tough:

Peanut butter jelly WITH a baseball bat.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
but seriously... it's my motto.

People don't usually get it.

They will.

Everything would change, if television dedicated just ONE hour to expaining to the world about soul poop.

Maybe subliminally pump a positive binaural beat frequency out underneath the context of the Soul Poop Hour, and have everyone fall into deep guided meditation... until they realized that Godpoop is your poop, is my poop, is all poop.

Every Saturday Morning after cartoons (yes, we'll bring them back, especially for)... Soul Poop.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

There is a word for an obsession of poop. Scatology.

I remember reading a story once, a long time ago where Tom Petty described his music as a bunch of disposable crap, or something along those lines. So as a musician, you are not alone in your thoughts!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I still don't understand what 'peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat' have anything to do with each other! If it has something to do with poop, then that's gross! [I'm slow.]
poop, poop, poop-pooty, poop

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ehhh it's just philosophical humour. It's okay if you don't get it!

Ponder upon the poop. Feel the poop. Live the poop. Be the poop.

Ahhhh but seriously, I love Tom Petty. He's one of my main influences, actually. You probably wouldn't recognize the influence upon hearing it.

I promise, as soon as we record something... which should be sometime this summer, maybe late spring, if you'd like I'll maybe post a link in my signature or something to some recordings and such... it depends.

Anyway.... I can't think of any clever euphamisms right now. Good night, poopers.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Wonderful! I look forward to hearing what you have in the way of music.

I bet you have a lot of influences.

Also, I don't know if you have ever read much about Mozart? He was wicked with letters to people that were influenced by poopy things! From what I gather, the fellow suffered from Tourettes Syndrome.

Maybe there is some sort of poopy gene in people who produce music!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Actually, good morning to any poopers for I just made poop (by the way and quite refreshing too!) Imagine the various sounds of pooping (splashing, plopping, gaseous, etc.) along with any technology that produces the odor of poop incorporated into those smog/fog effects while performing on stage, for example.

[edit on 2008-4-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Poop is so interesting. I mean, we're creating little ecosystems (if it weren't for being flushed down the toilet, sterilized of life, and then washed back into our water supply as a potentially carcinogenic soup of chemicals) each time we let go of our waste... and it should be a very clear reminder of the truthiness of the philosophy of "as above, so below".

Everyone is creating something, even if all they do is sit on their ass and consume.... they are still adding something valueable to this world. It is their poop, my friends, that keeps the world a spinnin'.

If you wanna know some of my musical influences:

Tool
Kyuss
Soundgarden
The Beatles
Nirvana
Pixies
Tom Petty
Screaming Trees
Melvins
Electric Wizard
Minutemen
REM
McLusky
Bad Brains
The Wipers
Jesus Lizard
Dinosaur Jr.
Alice in Chains
Mudhoney
High on Fire
Sleep
Death (the metal band)
Jefferson Airplane
Sonic Youth
Nick Drake
The Mommas and The Poppas
old delta blues
jazz
Cream
Blue Cheer
Captain Beyond
Iron Butterfly
Black Sabbath
The Stooges
Deep Purple
.... and so much more.... a lotta local bands and a lotta bands I've run into while playing out...

I suggest anyone who likes these influences to check out the Hateful Dead, LOSE (with caps), Bloodcow, No, Dust From 1000 Years, The Accidents (who I think changed their name to the Crappy Accidents), DeepSpacePilots, Awesome Color, Gonga (a BIG recent influence... my friends from England), Mivhael Michael Motorcycle, The Puppies, Sass Dragons, and prolly a bunch more of my friends that I forgot, all on myspace of course.

And I promise I'll give anyone interested a link or like free copies of my band's CD or something, just as long as you promise to keep pooping the good poop.

Thanks a lot, guys and gals and possibly invading aliens.

Peas.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
All I'm going to say is that Iam COMPLETELY glad there is no such thing as a
SCRATCH AND SNIFF thread.

:shk:

WHHEEEWWW!!!!

top topics

join