It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Justify your claims or face prosecution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

News.BBC.co.uk
A change in the law could mean mediums, psychics and healers face prosecution if they cannot justify their claims.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Thought I might bring this up. But before everyone jumps on the bandwagon, this hasn't even gone through Parliament yet, and only applies to paid-for services.

But that being said, I do see this as an attempt at meddling in religion by the government, even if it does only apply to actual jobs where money changes hands. I can see why they would want to bring something like this in, but I can also think of the negative consequences of legislation like this.

Wondering what the rest of the members here think of this?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I wonder if the Church will be prosecuted for it's claim of heavenly reward upon death? Since it can't back that up either. And people pay plenty to the Church.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Interesting point, though I would expect that established religions would be somehow insulated from any legislation arising from this.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

If people are giving money to any church as a means to buy their way into Heaven they are wasting their cash.

I have never been to nor heard any preacher/minister/pastor claim you can buy your way into Heaven. Nor have I heard them claim you will get a greater reward in Heaven if you give more money to church.

The only thing I have heard is that by giving of yourself be it monetary or whatever to those who need your help can increase your wealth in Heaven. Also since you are pointing toward Christianity by speaking of The Church I would like to add the only way to get into Heaven with those beliefs is through Jesus Christ. No amount of money given will ever get you into Heaven according to those beliefs.

As to the OP I am not sure how this could be meddling with religion considering that most of the people out there that are mediums, psychics and healers are scam artists. They are charging people for services that are not valid and not provable. I think it is great that they are going to hold these charlatans accountable for their actions, no different than any other fraud.

Before you point out that no religion can be proven understand that I agree there but again people are donating money to them not being charged. Many times they are giving for their own misguided reasons though. While many think this is one and the same there is a difference if one bothers to look. I personally have not seen any religion charge people cash or anything else. It was always on a give as you feel sort of thing. Any religion that outright charges and requires a charge should be held accountable. That would take them out of the nonprofit category.

Raist

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So what about the mediums etc... that the police and intelligence services are mind raping, to get info. Do they have to prove stuff, to the police that are raping there thoughts.

The police should be out getting real criminals, but hang on real criminals make the police happy, and make them money.

new topics

top topics

join