It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.4 Magnitude Earthquake hits West Salem, IL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I live on the very eastern tip of Kentucky, something like 15 minutes from Virginia. It was around 5:30am when I felt it.
It's not the first time nor will it be the last. I can remember a few small quakes over my 20-odd years living in this area.
As far as animals picking up on disasters or whathaveyou ahead of time, one of the two cats watched pictures and such rattle while the other slept peacefully.
The poor garbage collectors outside nearly dropped the dumpster, however.
Quite entertaining anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Accounts of the 1811 to 1812 new madrid eq's are startling. Mississippi ran backwards. Our infrastructure is not built to handle the big one. Apocalypse refers to the great lakes being drained to the gulf of mexico. I cannot imagine the intensity of such a quake that would take.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I did indeed hear it. I thought it was a UPS jet coming in too low to land at airport (Louisville is the national hub for UPS). Then everything started shaking and I thought "ok this is either a jet crashing into my neighborhood or an earthquake".

Obs out

Fixed spelling errors

[edit on 19-4-2008 by observer]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

If we were to have another quake like that one most of St. Louis would be left in piles of rubble. The arcitecture here is beautifu but old and made of red brick and we sit on bed rock. Don't forget about all the gas lines that run up along the mississippi from the gulf area that feeds the midwest and northesat with a lot of it's energy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I heard on the radio the other day that there have been about 18 aftershocks/tremors since the bigger one. they said the last one was a 4.somthing!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join