It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Electric Hybrid Vehicle... I want one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So where can I get one of these? These look perfect for short distance travel... Good idea and it's eco friendly... Also with a little modification these could be very cool and made for long distance... Ahhh no more gas... Hurry and make these please.. thankx..

More on the one in video...

Worlds First Human Electric Hybrid
A Real One, but not as cool...
Great idea, but ugly...
Getting better!

Think this is a great idea for bikes and maybe even motorcycles...
Human Electric Hybrid Bicycle Cool
Looks like a bicycle to me... But it says motorcycle...
Same thing different look, very cool stuff!

Anyone know of any cool hybrid cars or do they all look like poorly designed death traps?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Honestly, I'd rather they just put the same electronics in a pedal-assisted hybrid moped. Which, incidentally, probably already exist. Vehicles where you sit in the middle of the wheel/s have been around for at least about a hundred years, but never caught on for good reason. Your acceleration and braking are limited severely by the amount of torque you can get by essentially suspending your mass as a pendulum from the center of the wheel. If you try and accelerate or break harder than that, you'll just go over the top, uselessly spinning within the wheel. That's generally considered bad when trying to stop.

Bikes, and those fancy bike things that you pedal with your hands, or the ones with four wheels you lay down in, are a much better platform than a giant wheel you ride in. Even if the fact that you can turn in place in one is really cool.

There are all kinds of hybrid cars that don't look like deathtraps. Well, not any more than their base model. There are hybrid offerings of many of Honda and Toyota's cars, notably the Civic and Camry. There are at least a few hybrid SUVs out there, like the Ford Escape hybrid.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

Ya I know there are hybrid cars... But this is Human Electric Hybrid... Did you watch the video, it's a little different that the gas electric hybrids... Also I see your point with the stopping.. Maybe they figured out a way to stop that from happening.. This is using 2 wheels, so maybe this helps...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

Ya I know there are hybrid cars... But this is Human Electric Hybrid... Did you watch the video, it's a little different that the gas electric hybrids... Also I see your point with the stopping.. Maybe they figured out a way to stop that from happening.. This is using 2 wheels, so maybe this helps...

First, Yes, I watched your video. I'll have you know that in your OP, you, specifically, asked

"Anyone know of any cool hybrid cars or do they all look like poorly designed death traps? "

So I listed off some hybrid cars that don't look like deathtraps. Now they might not be all that cool, I mean, a camry is as camry, but still. Don't blame me if you can't remember your own question.

Second, I know it's not a gas electric hybrid. But there's no fundamental reason that it couldn't be built as a bicycle or any other pedal powered vehicle, instead of in the shape it is. And, indeed, in one of your links is a really cool hybrid human powered bicycle/moped capable of the same performance, but available for purchase now. I didn't read the links before I posted, and I was too lazy to edit my post, but yeah. It's a much better idea than that wheel contraption, as cool looking as it is.

Bit pricey for me though, at about five thousand. It's all hand built and everything though.

The two wheels don't help it. It's an insurmountable problem for vehicles of the type. The only way to fix it is to introduce another wheel, making it a really lopsided motorcycle, or in this case, tricycle, resembling an old gentlemanly velocipede, except you ride inside the wheel. (probably safer than a velocipede too.) It's a matter of configuration.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
why am i reminded of southpark when i see this thing lol

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Hahaha, yeah. "It". And this is the version with the "uncomfortable features" removed.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ya man we've had electric sin 1901, maybe even earlier than that... It's funny how these companies make it seem like they are the first to do this sort of thing...

Here's to hoping they will have some cooler hybrids in the near future..

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
there was an episode of south park were they had a simalar vehicle ( all though i prefer this method of control above the method used in that episode.)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
there was an episode of south park were they had a simalar vehicle ( all though i prefer this method of control above the method used in that episode.)

Well if South Park can do it, then we sure can...

top topics

join