It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Oklahoma Sheriff Ran Sex-Slave Operation From Jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Police: Oklahoma Sheriff Ran Sex-Slave Operation From Jail

www.koco.com

Michael Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and posted bond Wednesday night, hours after he resigned as Custer County sheriff amid 35 felony charges, including accusations of forcible oral sodomy, kidnapping, rape and perjury. Investigators said at one point Burgess oversaw wet T-shirt contests at the Custer County Jail.

The 35 charges against Burgess include bribery of a public official, indecent exposure, 14 counts of rape in the second degree and rape by instrumentation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
HOLY Cr**!!

I know we've been detailing Police corruption as of late, and there's been some wild stories...But this one takes the cake.

This guy takes the 'dirty cop' personna to an entirely new level.

I don't even understand how a person like this makes it through al the background checks and psychological tests! Surely SOMETHING has to come up that would warrant not hiring somebody as twisted as this maniac?

According to an affidavit signed by District Attorney James Boring, Burgess compelled a Weatherford woman to travel to Oklahoma City and meet him at the Biltmore Hotel for sex in April 2006. The same woman had sex with Burgess under duress at a Clinton truck stop parking lot and at her home.

Once the investigation of Burgess got going, the former sheriff is accused of having another woman go to the alleged victim's home in Weatherford to remove incriminating evidence against him in exchange for securing her brother's release from prison.

Other accusations outlined in the affidavit include testimony from a former sheriff's deputy, who said Burgess groped her between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2005. Burgess also allegedly forced a drug-court probation violator to perform oral sex on him in his county vehicle.

www.koco.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wow. I mean, WOW. There are no words for how disgusting this is. How did this guy get his job? Some kind of lottery?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

This is what REALLY baffles me---There is supposed to be stringent background and psych-testing...Surely somebody this sick and twisted would have had to set off SOME alarms? If not, then he was one of the best liars of all times in the application / testing process!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This is what REALLY baffles me---There is supposed to be stringent background and psych-testing...Surely somebody this sick and twisted would have had to set off SOME alarms? If not, then he was one of the best liars of all times in the application / testing process!

Judging from the caliper of MY local police force, I don't think there is any psych testing done AT ALL....there are way too many badge-wielding power-drunk maniacs out there!

It's sick really...the people charged with protecting and serving the citizens are often the ones seeking to take advantage of them!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When I read "sex-slave operation" it made me expect to read about him forceably "pimping" out women. This sicko is a serial rapist. He deserves to hang.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
At least 20% of U.S. cops are psychos. Their wrongdoing is well covered up by the "blue code of silence." There were plenty of deputies and jailers who had an obligation to report this Sheriff's illegal acts. None did for years, obviously. They are all guilty of a crime as well.

Cops have always used their badges to get laid, nothing new about that. Coworkers, prosecutors and judges just look the other way because they need them to lie in court about important crimes, like about someone smoking or possessing an illegal substance or the like.

It will be interesting to see how this ex-lawman bears up to the conditions of being in jail, the same thing he subjected many others to probably without a care.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

You obviously don't live nearby. In this area, he'll plead something minor, like "criminal misconduct" and get a year or two. But because of the danger, he'll serve it under house arrest and ankle monitor. He'll have to do three or four hard months first, out riding with his buds in a cruiser or playing poker in the station. Yes, it does go down like this.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What baffles me is that there is no way this guy's "operation" was happening in a vacuum. Where are the others who participated in this debasement to the institution of law enforcement?

I also expect a 'plea' deal to be 'arranged'. Does any one care to wager if this will go before a jury?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
IMO, someone's putting them in office and it's NOT the public! I'd have to agree with this line!

and agree that this guy doesn't live in a vacuum either !! Someone else knows and also participated... so where are they?

[edit on 04/02/2008 by Komodo]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
hmmmmm... just a thought that occurred to me...

Are these guys being set up so 'they' can put in who they want in? That would make the perfect sting in my book !!

Just something to think about .. how many movies have been made on this very idea..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A Sheriff is an elected political position. Anybody can run for Sheriff... you do not need ANY Law Enforcement experience to run. The voters of this county are the ones who elected him...

And besides... he is just another "A Good Ole Boy", county Law Enforcement is filled with these type of goofs.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Psych tests and background checks can't stop liars. Men lie. so long as men lie bad men can get into positions of power to abuse that power.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It sounds like some episode from Boston Legal. No doubt Denny Crane would more than happy to represent the Sheriff pro bono.

This also reminds me of the movie Super Troopers. If the federal government offered rewards such as through programs like AMW, than maybe the taxpayers wouldn't have to pay so much when these guys are responsible for law suits. This is probably also why many people or past criminals don't trust law enforcement either. Thanks to sites such as youtube, many of these guys are being noticed more. It makes me wonder why anyone would want to be one these days. Too much corruption.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

haha.. this stuff is so tame compared to what the past head of the judicial system of Florida was doing...

lemme see if I can find the article..

ah yes..
CNN - Prison Organized Crime

Note, this is run by the head guy who was fired and replaced..

And guards have been indited as well....

• Top prison officials admitting to kickbacks;

• Guards importing and selling steroids in an effort to give them an edge on the softball field;

• Taxpayer funds to pay for booze and women;

• Guards who punished other guards who threatened to report them.

The second bullet reminds me of that Adam Sandler movie, ah what was the name..

"I cannot explain how big an obsession softball had become," he said. "People were promoted on the spot after a softball game at the drunken party to high positions in the department because they were able to hit a softball out of the park a couple times."

The parties and orgies were often carried out at a waterfront ranch house built on prison grounds for a former warden with taxpayer dollars, McDonough said. The house was complete with a bar, pool table and hot tub

"It reminded me of the petty mafia I saw on the streets of Brooklyn when I was growing up in the late 1950s, early 1960s -- petty, small-minded, thugish, violent, dangerous, outside the law, and completely intolerable for a society such as ours in the United States of America," he said.

And the new guy had to clean house.. a lot of corrupted cops in the system, which in the CNN interview I remember him saying he couldn't get everyone, because there was not enough evidence, and he is secretly a very hated man..

And getting rid of this "cancer" is exactly what McDonough says he did. McDonough fired 90 top prison officials -- wardens, supervisors, colonels and majors -- claiming they were corrupt or, at the very least, not to be trusted. He demoted 280 others.

Then there was the article on the Teenage girl prison in I think indiana where they essentially ran the prison themselves and held sex orgies in the cells sometimes with prison guards included. Cannot find the article for that one though, it was on AOL where I read it.

Hey Intrepid .. If you read this, tell me, you being in corrections, is it really that exciting? Maybe I need a change of career.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I don't know...

If convicted on all counts, Burgess could face a sentence of up to 467 years in prison.

I can see him getting off on a lot of the charges or having them reduced, but when you're facing a possibility of nearly 500 years, I don't see anyone getting off with a year in county for so many different charges...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
When I read "sex-slave operation" it made me expect to read about him forceably "pimping" out women. This sicko is a serial rapist. He deserves to hang.

no surprise , that USA has the maximum number of rapes , no wonders there is so much Prevalence of STD's in USA .......

your culture is disgusting

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

no surprise , that USA has the maximum number of rapes , no wonders there is so much Prevalence of STD's in USA .......

Uh, taken on a per capita basis, the United States is actually not the hotbed of rape & assault it appears to be if you take the total number alone. If the African countries were as populous as America, their total rapes would utterly anihilate any numbers from the rest of the world. Consider that China doesn't even report their crime stats and we've all heard about the wide scale rapes that occur there from the human rights case papers and it's pretty obvious that culture worldwide is disgusting. I have no idea where you're from, but I can bet wherever it is there are some fine examples of that disgusting culture there, too.

Oh, and the US is far, far down on the list where STDs are concerned. Compared to any 3rd world country, pretty much all of the developed nations are on a pretty even playing field where STDs go.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by manson_322

Uh, taken on a per capita basis, the United States is actually not the hotbed of rape & assault it appears to be if you take the total number alone. If the African countries were as populous as America, their total rapes would utterly anihilate any numbers from the rest of the world. Consider that China doesn't even report their crime stats and we've all heard about the wide scale rapes that occur there from the human rights case papers and it's pretty obvious that culture worldwide is disgusting. I have no idea where you're from, but I can bet wherever it is there are some fine examples of that disgusting culture there, too.

Oh, and the US is far, far down on the list where STDs are concerned. Compared to any 3rd world country, pretty much all of the developed nations are on a pretty even playing field where STDs go.

i am concerned about West, and not Africa , in the world and rich countries USA is has maximum number of rapes ....

Fact

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Australia and Canada have over twice the per capita rate of rapes than America. FACT

[url=http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita]http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita[/ url]

You can't compare these things on a total number basis. They have to be per capita. Don't get me wrong, one rape is one rape too many, but when you're looking at two country's stats and one country indicates on a per capita number that a woman is tiwce as likely to be raped there vs the other country, the difference is clear.

Edit: I can't seem to get the url link to post properly. Sorry about that. Please copy & paste to see where my numbers came from.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by burdman30ott6]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join