It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to save the planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am not using any transport or bringing kids into the world. I would think you cannot do any more than that really as one person.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well its happening.. whether you believe it or not

What? Global Warming? Nah! We are in a warming trend that is over 10000 years in the making all made possible by an ice age. Now it is not known if these ice ages happen often or even how long it will take to fully warm up the globe. Around the time of the dinosaurs the entire planet had a tropical like ecosystem and the planet was significantly hotter than it is today. The ice age was a period of global cooling so this means that this period of global warming is in fact not caused by us and is a natural occurance. Sure it causes huge, nasty storms and weird weather patterns but hey, the only ones complaining is us, and i doubt if mother nature cares what it is we have to say about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Who knows...maybe if you did bring a kid into this world he or she would be the second coming of Christ

I understand what you're saying. And fully support it. But if you educate and instill good morals about the Earth for them, then maybe the contributions they did would transcend the resources they'd consume?..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree with you and this is what i am doing with my kids, and getting their interests up on space travel which will be important for future generations. It is ok to have children and trust me you wont be contributing to overpopulation. Overpopulation is largely caused by the baby boom. Families were having anywhere from 5 - 15 kids. The average household in the US had roughly 5 kids i those days. These days the average north american family is having 2, just enough to replace the parental units.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join