It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Look at these videos people..

Also writing your congressmen or senator don't do anything really. I have never seen anything positive come about that while trying to get something done. its pointless..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When it all boils down to it. There are plenty of other countries out there who actually uphold freedom. Take your wealth, and put it somewhere it's deserved.

When large corporations begin getting hurt because their senior execs are being labeled terrorists for disagreeing with government decisions... you will see the final straw pulled from the foundation that was USA.
Those companies who are holding the US together will simply pack up, and go to another country. There's no law binding companies to the country they started in.

The ship is sinking... time to abandon it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

That will be after all the lil people are in prison for trying to use our freedoms. Then there will be nothing left and nobody to give a crap about who is here or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Those videos are gone. I wish I got to see them before they were taken off. Any other link to them?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, working now.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

They are still working for me.

reply to post by ThichHeaded

Thanks ThichHeaded and everyone else who has posted videos.

I'd like to point out one thing that immediately came to my mind once I saw those videos talking about the Bill and the wording in it: You know what else is a 'force'? ATS.

ATS is a 'force', and a pretty big one. And it's medium is the Internet, and recently we were informed of what they think about it and possibly a glimpse of what's to come:

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an "enemy weapons system"

Researchers explore scrapping Internet

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So, does this mean that ATS will shut down. If anything this site has "Homegrown Terrorist" all over it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Isn't it strange that simply stating that ATS is a force could (at least in theory) create a legal motive to 'investigate'. And we all know that they NEVER investigate without finding SOMETHING...,

Nahhh, I'm being paranoid.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

You know I have been hinting around that if this crap takes hold.. A lot of people who post here on ATS will soon be a few thousand less members..

I really don't put it past these asshats to do this.. Think about it.. 1939 Germany.. He did it.. why cant these people.. Only difference is time.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Will this site stay up if it is shut down in the US?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsurion

Ahh and now you have unwittingly discovered the grand plan of it all, the elitist scum that run the US and the world want you and your brethren to rise up against their tyranny, the elitist scum that run the world are all part of death cults. They are FASCINATED with death, it turns them on, it makes them feel powerful to kill children and starve people.

They WANT their biblical showdown of good vs evil, they know they are the evil ones and they are quite happy with this placement. They are going to keep chipping away at your freedoms and basic human rights until you have no choice but to rise up against them.

And they will achieve this by fabricating a shortage of either water or food, or both..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is only one peice of a multi-pronged attack. This video shows the blueprint of the 10 steps which have been used historically to shift a democracy into faschism, all 10 of which are currently being undertaken in America.

Talk by Naomi Wolf - The End of America

It's obvious what we are up against, we only need to look at history to see what is coming.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, this just chaps my hide!!

The only homegrown terrorists I see are the ones in our US Government. This bill applies to our President on down, IMO.

If I knew now what I did not know 17 yrs ago, I would NEVER have brought kids into this mess. But who could have known? I hope ATS never gets down for any reason, its the only place where citizens can get the REAL news anymore.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I just hope that I'm not alone when I don't let this scare me into submission. If a large enough group of people continue to have vocalized dissenting opinions and stand up for what's right, this potential law won't have much of an affect. We cannot let stuff like this stifle our enthusiasm. They can pass any law they want, but if it's unconstitutional it's not even legal and therefore we have no responsibility to adhere to it. However, if enough people break under this pressure, myself and the other people who continue to voice our stands on freedom will end up in prison. I wish the technology were around to resurrect our forefathers; I bet they'd have something to say about this BS.

Why is it that "patriot" and "terrorist" are now becoming synonyms?

In the words of Charles A. Beard, (said a long time ago but still resonates today): "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence."

[edit on 16/4/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is so sad: We DO want to intimidate the government, but only enough to treat us by the very rights we are entitled to under their own foundation of power, under their own government, their constitution.

Um, im not going to .. incriminate anyone, but

I think that so long as the ability to own a rifle exists, and ability to practice with it at a suitable place exists, we will be okay. I say this because, while semi automatic rifles arent much versus full auto rifles and missiles and stuff like this, but enough to force a law enforcement officer, or a national guardsmen to think twice before kicking my door down to take me away over some BS fabricated charge.

But I'm a simple person, I am quiet and I don't cause trouble. A law abiding citizen willing and able to play by the rules. And one of those rules is that currently, I can own a semi-automatic rifle if I am not a felon and over a certain age. A few of such rifles: AR-15, M-16, AK-47, H&K G35: military rifles.

So, if you were on the other end, and someone told you that they were armed and if you come in, theyre going to defend themselves to the death, it might stop you from barging into the house. It really depends on how badly you want to get into the house to get to the person, and why. If it is over some crap fabricated suspicion .. well, i dont think Mr. Texas Ranger is going to risk eating a bullet just to take someone in for questioning over being "against the policies of the government in opinion, and not violently rebelling".

So whats it worth, is what it comes down to.

Allow me to say this, friends:

This country started as a colony of Great Britain. They wanted to keep it that way, and the colonists wanted more freedoms. The colonists had less rights and freedoms than we do today, and yet managed to arm themselves and through sheer determination and diplomacy combined, check mated the British and won the country. So, an oppressive government is an oppressive government, correct? And so what does it matter WHO is sitting in the chairs, in office, in senate, in the white house? Be it Cornwallace or Bush? or the next man, Mccain maybe?

Ultimately, when the cow dung hits the fan, all bets are off. All possibilites are open. The determination of the people will result in their victory or defeat, and this is at any cost, be it millions. If it has to be a war, and the outcome of that war is whether we will live in a future of peace and liberty, or in tyranny and monitoring, once that war starts.. and people begin firing, anything you could possibly conceive as a probable outcome to the conflict goes out the window. Because the weak can overtake the strong, it depends on how badly the weak want it, and how over confident the strong always are. One boxing champion is seemingly Godly one day, and getting jarred out of his mind the next by some chump contender you'd never heard of, underdog 10 to 1. He wanted it .. maybe he NEEDED it, perhaps to him, there was no possibility of defeat, not an inkling.

I know there are alot of Atheists, Deists, Agnostics, and other non-Judeo-Christian types on this website, but for those to which it applies, this is hereby stated:

We are already ordained to overcome. We are already capable of winning, sheerly on the merit of believing that we can, and believing that we will no matter what, by God's own plan. The prophecies are quite clear, and they cannot be overturned. We shall overcome.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.

Don't you just love the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Guess we're not so safe after all - if they ever get control of the net we're all done for.

Better get that proxy prog after all

They're working on that, i suggest you read up on net neutrality, phorm and virgin medias recent comments on charging anyone they wish who have high bandwidth needs. The internet soon will be just like radio, led by a few corporations, far more expensive to access for the average citizen, and devoid of any new and innovative websites. As for sites like ATS, well who knows if they will be able to afford such expensive costs.

This bill is worrying, i know as soon as someone mentions nazi germany they are shouted down as being extreme. When a government however says that intellectual arguments are dangerous and can make you a terrorist. Well that to me sounds like complete control of a populous, it's very like how nazi germany started. Control what is broadcast, then control what can be printed, then control what people can even say. After that becuase there is no discussion you end up only with propoganda with no contrary view, the people will believe what they are told.

The new nazi germany won't be like the old one, it won't have mass killings (i don't think), it wil instead be more like the film "V for Vendetta", everyone to scared to speak out, completely monitored and if they cause trouble, quietly removed from existence. Remember that complete control doesn't have to be violent, the most perfect control system is quiet, with the people simply to scared to say anything.

Act now, or soon no one will be allowed to say anything to even question the government or it's actions, when that happens, when you can't question without being labelled a criminal, then you are truly living in a fascist state.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some food for thought: It may be to late to make a change peaceably.
See my previous post Just a little brief history.
also though it is not about the original poster's concerns I feel it may be appropriate to this post.
Link
I realize that ATS is more than likely monitored and we are all on a list somewhere, when the time is right I will fade into the woodwork and do what I can to help. If the trends we see can be stopped and reversed peacefully, I pray that they are. Otherwise I pray for help and intervention from God, whether it comes through devine means or the intervention of another country (to the North?).

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Even though I'm completely opposed to this legislation; I can't help but think that those engaging in violent protests helped to cause this.

If people would stick to lawful, peaceful protest this may not have been possible. I've always thought violent protest was going to be used as powerful ammunition someday. I don't even think those who participate in the violence care anyway. It's the thrill they are after and not the cause.

I'm in particular saddened by those who claim to be anti-war who resort to violence. The irony and hypocrisy is staggering to say the least.

I'd guess this will pass and most will support it. What a shame.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
I just hope that I'm not alone when I don't let this scare me into submission. If a large enough group of people continue to have vocalized dissenting opinions and stand up for what's right, this potential law won't have much of an affect.

You are far from alone as long as it does not devolve into violence. Stick a sign in my hand, take out a permit and obey the law and I'm with you. When the rocks and bottles start flying and the organizers are to lazy to take out a cheap permit, I'm against you.

Violence only leads to more violence. Violent people can not be trusted regardless of which side of the fence they sit on.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Asshat. That is a pretty good term for the people we are dealing with here. Hopefully a few of those asshats will think twice about carrying out orders to round up bloggers. It could prove to be fatal otherwise. Some of us might even take up asshat hunting on weekends.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by downtown436]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join