It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your personal belief?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What do you personally believe happened on 9/11? Be it the "official" story, controlled demolitions, no planes, etc..

I personally believe it was a cooperative mission between high-officials within the US government and al-Qaeda. At the very least, I believe our government allowed it to happen. They had the warnings, but purposely ignored them.

Controlled demolitions has very damning evidence, and I tend to believe that as well.

I am just not sure how much of an "inside job" it was. Was it completely set up by our government? Group effort with al-Qaeda? Just allowed to happen? Or is the official story correct (no, it's not).

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I actually believe that the US Government may have had to shoot down Flight 93. If they did, it would be understandable from a logical point of view. Three planes previous had been slammed into buildings. Why take the risk of another one slamming into another building?

From the PR standpoint it probably is better for the government that the official line on Flight 93 is that it was forced to the ground because of the actions of the passengers. Its heroic and a great tale about American bravery.

We will never really know for sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I believed that it was a government cover up all along. I am sorry but the US government is very wrong on all accounts and they are so dirty its starting to make me think that us government isn't protecting us at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A tragic chain of events, both from government & private sectors. As often occurs, hind sight brings them in to focus and makes them glaringly obvious.

I don’t see how it could have been planned with absolutely no proof in 7 years. I do see how many things could have been done better to prevent it, but were allowed to slip by.

The OP already has at least 3 different theories bouncing around, but I feel that general complacency, incompetence and politics is to blame, no conspiracy. Actually, I feel there has been some covering up after the fact to try and hide the ignorance of the government but, as usual, that has only back fired.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is one of those conspiracies I don't buy into at all.

History is full of examples of individuals who do historic events and are willing to die for their cause. This was one of those events, in our lifetime. People have a hard time believing that people can and do shape history because they see so few events of historic nature.

As stated so well by Jake the Dog Man, so much is apparent, now.

People just want to make more out of this than what there is.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only 9/11 theory I believe is that Flight 93 was shot down. I believe this was covered up mainly because of the cost of compensation the government would have had to pay if it was discovered they shot the craft down. Plus there would be a large ammount of people criticisng their actions so it works best to claim the people on board overpowered the terrorists.

I also dont think it was a plane that hit the pentagon. I think it was a stolen missile and the government claim it was a plane so as not to panic people. I mean if I cant see it been a good thing if the government revealed Al-Quaeda had the power and resources to steal an American missile and use it against them.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I pretty much believe there was/is no conspiracy surrounding 9/11. I think our current administration carried on with a budiness as usual approach, a contniuation of Clinton pollicy, as it regarded to possible threats, and in the end hindsight is 20/20. I believe that, had 9/11 been a true inside job or conspiracy simply to get us in a war with Iraq, George Bush would have hit the button to nuke Bahgdad within minutes of the plane hitting the pentagon and the administration would have blamed Iraq directly for the attack. They already had enough information against bin Laden to enter Afghanistan after that, so they didn't need 9/11 to conduct that mission. I don't believe the world as a whole would have said much or done anything against us if we'd launched nukes upon the report that our capital city & government headquarters were under attack.

I also believe if this was all part of a great conspiracy, we'd have planted WMDs in Iraq after the fact and found them instantly upon entering. That obviously didn't happen.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. This is one of those times.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuffie_Kisaragi
I also dont think it was a plane that hit the pentagon. I think it was a stolen missile and the government claim it was a plane so as not to panic people. I mean if I cant see it been a good thing if the government revealed Al-Quaeda had the power and resources to steal an American missile and use it against them.

Why would they have to have stolen an American missile? Its far easier to get a missle from Russia or China than it is to steal one of ours. Sometimes I like when Fantasyland visits.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, since there is a thing called corporate business in the world today, and 911 became very profitable, I would have to say it was just an act of business and another clandestine day at the office. So we had to sacrifice some people who would have died someday anyways, business/empires can always grow, it doesn't have to die if people will die to support it, and those people could become one of us if they really tried and wanted to.

My point being, it doesnt matter who did it, we put ourselves in the situation in the first place by letting things get so materialistically out of hand as humans.

Now if we want our materiality, then get over it, and get used to crazy stuff like that, cause its the only way such inane vanity will prevail.

Im a positive person, but really, what can one expect from a culture who utilizes pride driven ego battles for an easier (lazier) lifestyle that is readily justified by a hunger to be like the next guy rather than content with existence? Buck up and work the land with some bare hands, become a survivalist, be completely independent, then what the elitists do will be a temporal blip on the map of evolution. Otherwise, I guess become a politician and hope and pray we evolve to the point of having equal innate moral standards.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisInfo

Originally posted by Yuffie_Kisaragi

Why would they have to have stolen an American missile? Its far easier to get a missle from Russia or China than it is to steal one of ours. Sometimes I like when Fantasyland visits.

They would steal one because it's closer to the target and create a big embarrassment to our government by attacking it with it's own weapons.

It was quite capable pre-911, and that's not fantasyland.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jake the Dog Man
A tragic chain of events, both from government & private sectors. As often occurs, hind sight brings them in to focus and makes them glaringly obvious.

I don’t see how it could have been planned with absolutely no proof in 7 years. I do see how many things could have been done better to prevent it, but were allowed to slip by.

This pretty well sums up my view. I'd consider the idea that we shot down flight 93, but I hardly think it's a closed case evidence wise. Has the government been as forthcoming with details as I'd like? No. Were there obvious failures? Yes.
Do I think the government used it as an excuse to move into Iraq? Well, yes, but not in the way most people seem to claim. If the government was willing to kill thousands of its own citizens just to get us to the middle east, why wouldn't they do something easy by comparison like plant WMD's in the desert? And I could produce better conspiracy theories than some of the ones floating out there.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disinfo Agent1966

They would steal one because it's closer to the target and create a big embarrassment to our government by attacking it with it's own weapons.

It was quite capable pre-911, and that's not fantasyland.

Thats retard reasoning. Our ordinance is extremely hard to get to, even by military personnel. You have groups here that are constantly trying to sell secrets to whomever, and the ATF and FBI are all over them.

The only way your plan works, is if terrorist organizations are some kind of super organized organization out of a James Bond flick. Again, thanks for bringing Fantasyland along for a visit.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Politics and arrogance is to blame.

America recieved warnings but thought "yeah, you and what army?" type attitude. I use to believe it was a conspiracy, but there is really no evidence to point towards a master plan for 9/11. Even the Project for a New American Century is not solid enough to blame.

Sadly, many individuals have profited of 9/11, including conspiracy theoriests.

But the cover up, which does exist, is designed to prevent anyone seeing the utter failure of the intelligence service to prevent a tragic event occuring.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I believe it was a cooperative mission between an agent of US government and Muslim extremists (perhaps al Qaeda). The government had prior knowledge and allowed it to happen and in addition, collaborated to make it all work "smoothly" (pre-set explosives, etc).

I believe the towers and building 7 were purposely demolished. I believe flight 93 was shot down.

I honestly don't have a firm opinion on what happened at the Pentagon. I suspect explosives and a missile, but don't have an opinion of what happened to the airplane or the passengers.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is very interesting how little response this thread has gotten. I don’t feel most CTers can some up all half truths & fuzzy logic that they have been brainwashed with. I don’t think that the majority of people with outlandish theories can actually form them into feelings, especially in written form. Even the few posters seem to flail around once asked to post their actual feelings.

Its like the common idea of writing stuff down when you are very angry in letter form, but wait to send it till you cool down some. When angry, people do not think logically and that becomes clear even to that same person when they have written it down. Most hothead letters never get mailed, just like most hothead theories never get considered, other then bickering on a web board.

Both rightfully so.

At the end of the day, I don’t even think that Alex Jones believes all the things he spews. But then again, he has made a very nice business out of making such claims. The truth often takes a back seat to money.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I personally believe that evil elements within the Bush Administration had a big role to play in the events surrounding September 11th 2001.

There are too many lies, dis-information and unusual coincidences surrounding the events of 9/11.

A lie can have a million people believe it but yet it is still a lie.

There are men with over 30 years of military experience in intelligence and also men who worked for the C.I.A. and FBI who also support that 9/11 was orchestrated by the Government, not to mention numerous people on the day of 9/11 in and around the buildings.

Do you know....

1. On September 11th 2001, Bush's dad "Senior Bush" was in Washington having a meeting with Bin-Ladin's brother "Shafiq bin Laden", in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, at a Washington Hotel with the Carlyle group. What is Bush's dad doing having a meeting with Bin Ladin's "brother" right before his son accuses him of mass murder?????

2. World Trade Center 7 was not hit by a plane, yet it collapsed in 6.5 seconds. Do you not understand the ramifications for that to occur? This is a 47 story steel structure, hit by no plane, yet it collapses neatly in on itself at free-fall speed with little to NO Resistance. Not to mention, there was a witnesses within the building who heard and felt explosions before either Twin Tower had collapsed. Meaning the building is undamaged, yet Mayor Rudolph Guliani's deputy in his staff claimed he heard explosions all in and around the building and then the stairs right under him collapses! Leaving him hanging for his life. I guess the wind did that huh? He then goes into the lobby to find a bunch of dead people and then was told by the police the building was coming down and to get blocks away. This was publicly reported - The witnesses name is: Barry Jennings.......

3. Do you want to explain how you get 110 floors with 47 steel/reinforced concrete cores to collapse at about the same time, straight down leaving nothing standing? That isn’t possible, unless of course a controlled demolition is taking place. As each floor hits a stationary floor that will slow the collapse down, not speed, as if we're in a damn cartoon. And more so, at the very beginning of each collapse "dust" is being produced. Now if dust is being produced where is the mass which caused the collapse? What can move mass out of the way to allow for this dust to be produced and the collapse to be rapid? Explosives......

We have many eye witnesses who were actually there on 9/11 who heard explosives and "bombs going off". That’s an incredible choice of words. People seeing "flashes of light" around the entire building along with loud explosions. Now, im no fool but that is characteristics of explosives and a controlled demolition. Not to mention we see explosions occur 20-50 floors below the impact zone, thats something "air compression" cannot account for. There is no other explaination for that besides explosives, you cant refute that.

4. And lastly, this is a good one, they found one of the lead hijacker's paper passport within the rubble of the world trade centers, YET INSIST THERE WAS A RAGING INFERNO. They want you to believe his passport jumped out his coat, morphed through the impact fireball, put on a magical shield, then slipped and slid its way through the collapse, then teleported into mid-air and lofted itself gently to be found by the FBI to "prove" one of the hijackers did it. Im sorry guys, Scarecrow knows BS and he doesn’t have a brain, do you??

Peace

CR

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Realist

Do you know....

1. On September 11th 2001, Bush's dad "Senior Bush" was in Washington having a meeting with Bin-Ladin's brother "Shafiq bin Laden", in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, at a Washington Hotel with the Carlyle group. What is Bush's dad doing having a meeting with Bin Ladin's "brother" right before his son accuses him of mass murder?????

Bush wasn't having a meeting with Bin Laden's brother. There isn't even ANY proof to suggest they saw each other. Please noticed the bolded sections by me.

Carlyle emerged from the shadows in spite of itself on September 11, 2001. That day, the group had organized a meeting at Washington's Ritz Carlton Hotel with five hundred of its largest investors. Frank Carlucci and James Baker III played masters of ceremony. George Bush senior made a lightning appearance at the beginning of the day. The presentation was quickly interrupted, but one detail escaped no one. One of the guests wore the name bin Ladin on his badge. It was Shafiq bin Ladin, one of Osama's many brothers.

www.culturechange.org...

500 people were there. Bush came and went pretty fast. The breakfast was not orchestrated by Shafiq or Bush.

2. World Trade Center 7 was not hit by a plane, yet it collapsed in 6.5 seconds. .......... Not to mention, there was a witnesses within the building who heard and felt explosions ..........He then goes into the lobby to find a bunch of dead people and then was told by the police the building was coming down and to get blocks away. This was publicly reported - The witnesses name is: Barry Jennings.......

Now the truth. WTC-7 Collapsed in closer to at least 13 seconds. please watch this video:

As far as Mr. Jenning is concerned. Did you know he told LC to leave him out of their FC video? Everyone was told to leave the area around WTC7.

3. Do you want to explain how you get 110 floors with 47 steel/reinforced concrete cores to collapse at about the same time, ..............Explosives......

Read the NIST report. They explain it.

We have many eye witnesses who were actually there on 9/11 who heard explosives and "bombs going off". That’s an incredible choice of words. People seeing "flashes of light" around the entire building along with loud explosions.

Explosive sounds do not mean bombs. This has been talked about here at least 200 times.

4. And lastly, this is a good one, they found one of the lead hijacker's paper passport within the rubble of the world trade centers,

Who said that it was in the rubble after the collapse?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I believe some very powerful people set it up so that it would happen as it did.

I believe the government knew ahead of time what was going to happen and did nothing to stop it.

I believe some members of the government went out of their way to help facilitate the destruction. Dick Cheney tops the list.

I believe the President was left out of the loop because he is too stupid to be trusted with such information.

I believe WTC #1 and #2 were for shock and awe and #7 was to destroy evidence of crimes committed by some of those powerful people.

I believe this was a conspiracy regardless of whether it was carried out by a bunch of muslim wacko's or by the powers behind the scene. Therefore it belongs on this board big time.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I agree with what Mr. Wupy posted.I don't think Bush knew what exactly was gonna happen or when.But I do believe the V.P. helped certain things transpire that day.Mr. Wupy did a fine job of summing up what I believe.Some very powerful folks helped plan and orchestrate 9/11.Not just Muslim extremists.Someone or some group wanted to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. Whoever is profiting from this war is probably who is behind the attacks.

Think about it,do you really think Al Qaeda would carry out these attacks knowing the United States would invade Afghanistan and take over their poppy crop?

Sadly whoever was truly behind 9/11 will never be known or brought to justice.Just like the J.F.K. assassination.Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I believe that no matter how you look at it almost 3,000 dead and over 80 countries lost loved ones that day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join