It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are The Ones To Fear?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think it's more likely that instead of posing a threat, we are so ridiculously weak-minded morally and spiritually, that if aliens made themselves known, we would have half the population of the world worshipping them like they were gods, and generally causing absolute and utter chaos.

Just look at how devoted and hopeful the people are, on this very forum, to what these aliens represent -- some kind of spiritual and technological awakening, or the start of a new "golden age" if you will.

That's where the real problem lies. Humanity would fawn over themselves to join a superior alien culture, and possibly rip the fabric of our society to shreds.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Exactly! Our intentions are not hidden. Especially if they can in fact read our minds.

Look how we ravage our own planet for things we find "precious" or of "personal value". We rob our neighbors. Rape children. Send nukes into foreign lands. Plunder, plunder, plunder.

If we could go anywhere else, we would certainly attempt to evaluate their strength, and then take what we want.

We are a truly hostile planet with no common goal of peace.

I'd also like to point out that the qualities you are describing are not uniquely human; they are widespread across the entire animal kingdom. Nature is horribly cruel and unforgiving.

We just manage to step it up a notch and "plunder" on a greater scale. But we are also capable of wonderful and beautiful acts of compassion and altruism, on an unbelievably large scale that is beyond the scope of any other group of animals. So it's not just a one-way street.

We actually do good things too, ya know.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

That is an interesting perspective. And to be honest, I agree. A lot of people are searching for answers, and if a translucent ship arrived with beings that needed no voice to communicate, nor gas to power their ship.. many would fall to their knees crying, "GOD!".

Well said.

But... there are also those who would vow that these aliens are demons, and would attack them quite viciously if given the chance to do so. While we attempt our leap at being open minded, we have also become very narrow minded. To many religions, the essence of all things remains in a black or white frame. It is either good, or bad. And many Christians I know fervently believe that aliens are demons. Or fallen angels.

Just look how Hollywood portrays them to us. They're always invading. Always attacking us. Always testing, and being aggressive to us. And they feed us dreams of being the superior race and ultimately defeating them. Or, that our planet would fight them off in ways we couldn't dream of.

The point is.. we are bred to be hostile. To be aggressive. To fight all enemies. And to assume that all are enemies if we don't recognize them. Need proof of this? Look at our schools. Children who are new to school almost always get beat up. And when you are new at a job, you are always held at arm's length until they really get to know you. We're an untrusting race of people, and that could be both our salvation, and our downfall.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Our terrestrial history (as a species) is much less than stellar (every pun intended and assumed).
We have destroyed habitat after habitat, we have displaced and annihilated many of our 'fellow travelers' in this mortal coil. We (as upright walking monkeys from the Serengeti) are more prone to throw feces than flowers. I certainly hope (for our sake) that our technologically advanced visitors are less aggressive and ham-fisted in their dealings with "newer" members of the inter-galactic rookery. I take this view based on the assumed age of our universe. The Scientific PTB think it to be around 13 Billion years (give or take). Considering that our star is only 6 Billion years (give or take) old, that means that there potentially exist species that could be BILLIONS of years ahead of us.

I'm going to go have a hot chocolate now.

Gram

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

But... there are also those who would vow that these aliens are demons, and would attack them quite viciously if given the chance to do so. While we attempt our leap at being open minded, we have also become very narrow minded. To many religions, the essence of all things remains in a black or white frame. It is either good, or bad. And many Christians I know fervently believe that aliens are demons. Or fallen angels.

You're right, and I think that is part of the equation that would add to the chaos.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
d00d seriously ask yourself this question.

If just say the US or Russia was attack by the other country (and whether losing or winning), do you believe nuclear weapons would be launched? And if they were launched (most probably) do you think that it will be Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD)?

Well I do.

So what if the Earth was attacked by UFO's / Aliens amd was getting invaded?. Would MAD happen? I believe so.

Are we hostile towards people, animals, things, things we dont undertstand, do we have prejudice against anything for any reason? I believe so.

I think MAD would happen.

Until we change our thought process and get into Character building as nations united around Earth, Then i believe we will always be hostile.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I have realized this a while back now
We definitely are a hostile race, and there is an abundance of life out there!

We don't care, we wage wars, we destroy our planet, we threaten, we force, and we kill! There is nothing that can be worse than what we have already done to ourselves.

We aren't the only ones though, many races are hostile too, that is until they realize the grandeur and ultimate beauty of the Universe and of all living things. To be at peace with each other, to be understanding and genuinely kind, to see the world through GODS eyes. We are all connected, at the very lowest levels, we are ONE and the SAME.

The first step as humanity is need to rid ourselves of our weapons of mass destruction and put all of our differences and hostility behind.

For a hostile race is never permitted to enter the Galactic realm and will be stopped. We think our technology is almighty, yet it is considered "3rd world" if you like, to some.

Humanity needs to go through a shift in consciousness to be allowed in the Galactic domain. We need to wake up! Some have, some are, some aren't. Once this thought reaches critical mass, it has the possibility to change the world in less than 1 day!

Lets move

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't believe the typical human animal is a threat to space visitors thats why they visit these type of folks mostly>>
www.youtube.com...

Its just so many types of different leaders and Idealism on earth that they can't choose the right way to reach the masses, without pissing off somebody

[edit on 16-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My first post! I've been reading through this great thread and keep seeing "We". We hate each other, We ruin our planet, We plunder & rape. But in reality the majority of human beings are actually good people. 99% of people we encounter day to day are decent and caring, with family and friends they love and care for. Its the minority, not the majority, that cause all the bad in the world. It only takes one person to (i.e. Va. Tech shooter) to ruin the lives of hundreds. Or a few hijackers to ruin the lives of literally millions. "We" need to start giving ourselves more credit for being good people, i feel a lot of low self esteem (as a human race) on these boards.
People always wonder why Aliens would visit us and watch us, "WE" are a violent and primitave race what would they want from us. Whats the common description of a grey alien, they all pretty much look and act the same. You never read about much personality when it comes to the lil grey guys. Maybe, just maybe, they are interested in us becuase they see how different we all are, from our physical features all the way to our emotions. Including hate and anger, which are also natural emotions. I think humans are way more unique and special in this universe than any of us realize. I think we've been noticed in the universe becuase of our uniqueness, which unfortunately includes the bad stuff also.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think it was George Carlin who once said man is not a life form, but a disease on the planet.
And when the planet has had enough she will shake us off like so many fleas.
George Carlin a brilliant mind.
If you haven't seen him, look his vid's up on Youtube.
Simply brilliant!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

"Are we hostile towards people, animals, things, things we dont undertstand"

lol.
hostile towards people ? depends on the person.

hostile towards animals? depends on if its scary, about to kill you or has the potential to kill you.

hostile towards things ? lol i actually don't get this one mate! just things? what constitutes something as a thing? not knowing the name of something ??

and lastly hostility towards things we don't understand ? well i don't understand quantum physics but it fascinates me. i don't understand dog language but i'm not hostile lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsant25
People always wonder why Aliens would visit us and watch us, "WE" are a violent and primitave race what would they want from us. Whats the common description of a grey alien, they all pretty much look and act the same. You never read about much personality when it comes to the lil grey guys. Maybe, just maybe, they are interested in us becuase they see how different we all are, from our physical features all the way to our emotions.

Good first post jsant.

I have always likened the ET's curiousity and study of us, to that of our curiousity and study of animal and insects here on Earth. We observe the way lesser species on this planet live and die, why wouldn't an advanced civilization do the same with us?

Is there any doubt that if mankind already had the ability to explore life on other planets, isn't that exactly what we'd be doing?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
I think it's more likely that instead of posing a threat, we are so ridiculously weak-minded morally and spiritually, that if aliens made themselves known, we would have half the population of the world worshipping them like they were gods, and generally causing absolute and utter chaos.

I loathe this kind of species self-hatred. We didn't manage to survive this long by being weak. We're obsessive builders who will move mountains for our benefit. And we're dedicated fighters who will toil at horrible tasks and voluntarily sacrifice ourselves to save people we don't even know. I don't call that weak.

Any alien species that thinks they can just roll over us or that we will just bow down to them will be in for a rude shock.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When one reads the bible with an open mind, it is very easy to take the intellectual leap and conclude that the God of the old testament was indeed an alien life form. That being said, the humans DID refer to these superior beings as "God", just as some might now if suddenly a spaceship appeared and announced that it was indeed the same visitors that have been written about in the bible.

The reason I bring this up is that the God in the OT was a vengeful being and destroyed that which it didn't like. If indeed we are violating universal decorum by our ignorant actions and pose a potential threat to other ET life forms because we continue to expand our technology and explore outside our planet without yet advancing our collective spiritual natures, we will be stopped.

The human race is being given every opportunity to awaken to its cosmological birthright and to co-exist alongside its ET brethren. We are the primitive ones.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Thats what I'm saying. Look at the few handful of world leaders as the ones that make us "A violent species". How about the millions of police and firefighters around the world who risk their lives everyday to protect people, or the millions upon millions of mother and fathers who do nothing but love, care and take care of their families every waking minute of their lives. "WE" are natually a very peaceful & caring "Race", its the few bad people, out of 6 BILLION, that overshadows all the good. Trust me if these extraterrestials that are visiting, and I whole heartedly believe someone is here, they see the good in us way more than the bad.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well sure we are the ones to fear, after all look what we do to this planet, other life forms and to each other. Not to mention, if real, all the autopsies we've performed on the EBE's.

Hell, just because we created things like the Teletubbies and Barny are reasons enough to steer clear of our planet.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What if they are just hindering us until lets say 2012 . They year we are supposed to be enlightened. Lets say that if we were to advance before then then our evil would spread because we don't know how to control the evil in us all. So to prevent other from being hurt we are hindered technologically.
But after we are enlightened or whatever you want to call it, we will then be able to see the fault in our ways and would realize the damage we could have caused. just a theory/thought

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What do humans do when we find a new species? "Abduct" it and experiment on it as much as possible.

But, we do not have an initial response of hostility.

Even today, anthropologists go to different human cultures and study them scientifically, much in the same way I imagine an intelligent species would study us; by watching from outside or by actively participating if possible.

If aliens can get to our planet to observe us, they could be passively observing or actively participating in our cultural activities to see what we are about.

It would be obvious to them that we can be dangerous if backed into a corner, yet an ET would have no reason to fear us. Yet, it would be to their advanage to keep us from acquiring a technology that could harm them or put us in competition with them...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I came to this conclusion years ago, if we are being "visited", it's probably a race/races of benevolent beings who are trying to straighten our path. To take us out of an Era of destruction (negative energy), and get us to realize the benefit of creation (positive energy).

Even now as humans we are straying farther from creation, continually searching for power and with one of our advancement in quantum physic's we have gained enough power to neutralize entire planets, or even star's if there was enough anti-matter.

if you take a positron (electron anti-particle) and surround it with a negative electro-magnetic field, that positron stay's stable. if we were to say, amass a HUGE amount of positrons stabalised in a negative electro-magnetic fiend and then let those loose on a solar system's sun, or a planet of intelligent beings.

anti-matter propulsion is also possible, but we choose to dedicate our thoughts to destruction and bombs, not traveling the universe and making friends / trading partners.

but who knows, a manevolent race could be giving us the technology to destroy ourselves.....another day, another subject.

Edit: Allways remember Spelling!

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Infadel]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So what if?

We are the hostile life of the universe? After all, look how we destroy our planet. Each other. We gain power, then use it to assault other human beings. If we had the power to travel the universe, no doubt we would use it to harm them. To gain MORE power.

So what if?

They are the ones that are hostile and have been the hostile influence for us from the start. The snake in the Garden of eden.

The abduction cases are always nasty and leave the victim feeling violated. Read the book "The Threat" by Dr. David Jacobs the leading therapist for abduction cases. I have not read it but from what I have heard it is the same conclusion I have reached on my own.

Think about the greys and then listen to what your gut tells you, its not a fuzzy warm feeling now is it...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join