It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious about black card

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Shism,

Sorry to upset you. Look, I hardly said I saw a UFO or something. I simply said what happened. All in all I don't even know if it WAS anything other than a simple business meeting -- sheesh!!

The events were quite simple, and I'm sorry if they got muddy here - you know this is a posting forum so it is hard to easily show a chain of events when you're posting. It was this simple:

- Walked into restaurant with client to eat.
- Observed strange conversation with two wealthy looking guys who didn't fit in too well in the atmosphere, talked quietly, etc.
- As we were leaving (my client walked out in front of me past them), I saw a card that looked to be ALL BLACK and had a white emblem on it. The guy covered it as I walked past. I said I didn't observe any colors, meaning it was only in black and white. That may have been confusing, I'm sorry. The card was what prompted me to even come here as it seemed too weird to me - shiny, no other info, etc. But others have given great explanations here and it is, as they said, likely a high-tech business card or something with info on the back or something.
- As I walked past, I had glanced down and saw the one talkative guy's attache case next to his chair. It had the same emblem on it, which is where I got the closer look at it. It was small on the card.
- Only after I talked to my client (which I posted here that I called him afterwards) did I get HIS take on it. Please don't confuse my take and his. I simply posted what he said about it too since he added a few things that I didn't notice.

In any case I have no reason to tell a story like this!! Like I said I'm hardly saying that I saw a UFO or anything but just a weird conversation. I got curious and thought I'd ask someone about it because it struck me as very weird and off-putting. That's all.

I do find this site interesting though and have found a number of good topics here to read up on. Thanks for all the good posts. I think we've exhausted the topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davestock

You did not upset me in anyway at all. I simply gave my opinion on a subject. Don't take it so hard, or so personal. You will encounter lots of people on here with strong opinions, and you should'nt feel like they are attacking you. I learned that very quick on this site as I am new as well. There are skeptics alot harsher than me on here. No hard feelings bud.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsmeriglio779
I was searching online for information on the Amex black card and came across this thread...this is very interesting! It doesn't sound like a credit card. I thought maybe it's a business card if the logo was also on the guy's briefcase. I couldn't find anything on the Helix Firm when I searched through Google or Yahoo, but there actually is a helixfirm.com. Has anyone tried going to this site? It could be what you saw.

Just surfin through the forums and this one prompted me to sign up and post what I found. I'm a tad skeptical whether or not the sites a hoax set up for this very topic, but here goes anyway.

As you can see, the image conforms to what the poster describes almost exactly. Hence my tad of skepticism. No-one could could describe this as close as he has from a passing glance, unless he had photographic memory... Anyway, I'll carry on.

The motto 'Quisquam Vos Opto' in the picture roughly translates from Latin as 'anyone you to wish for'. When I first translated this I got a little excited and thought this may be a professional Hitman site or something. 'The Firm' sounds very broad and a little ominous, and the lions and dragon and scales conjured images of tough, 'eye for an eye' assassins, but then I saw the 'State Dispostion and Application by 5.1.2010' and Donation field, and came back down to earth. 'Anything you can wish for' maybe??? Anyone good with Latin care to elaborate?

helixfirm.com... exists and a strange page exists at helixfirm.com...

Here you'll see some sort of form one can fill out and submit, I'll just copy the text from the page:

State Dispostion and Application by 5.1.2010

Name

Affiliation

Dispostion

Donation

"State Disposition and Application by 5.1.2010" This future date seems interesting, however the site could have been created as a hoax, but they seem to have gone to alot of trouble... A whois search reveals little to no information about the domain or it's owner other than the date it was last registered - 2007/11/16, and it's IP address - 72.167.131.63. Trying to connect to the ip address via an ftp client was unsuccessful, either by using an anonymous logon or trying various generic admin logons (Hoping by dumb luck something like admin and password might let me in
).

Strangely the site is coded for only Internet Explorer and not Firefox (Hinting at a techically Unsavvy Secret Society
) and viewing the site with IE you will likely not notice the hidden buttons. Thats right, hidden buttons!!! Clicking on the top of the picture of the key will display a box with "KEY 10182" in it. Clicking the button (Titled 'NWO') just above the Diamond at the top of the picture will display "AW-11" in the 'Affiliation' box. (Also tried both of these when attempting to logon with an FTP client with no result) There is another button situated next to 'The' and above the big 'E' in 'HELIX FIRM'. Not sure what this one does. I think it's a submit button to be used when all the fields are full. Due to past experience, I'm not submitting any details just yet. If you use firefox to view the site you'll see the buttons displayed clearly.

Using site explorers and ftp clients I can't find any other pages on the site, and the email address that is sent the form details when the submit button is pressed (if there is an address) is masked.

I might create a dummy email address and submit false info to see if I can get a response from someone.

Anything anyone else can find would be appreciated as now I'm a little interested in this one.

Sorry for the massive post.

Later.

- Sam.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Samwise41]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Interesting. Quisquam Vos Opto does translate roughly as Anthing you choose. Or Anyone you choose. That's definitely more ominous, lol.
Maybe someone set up a site and posted here. Maybe YOU set up the website and then registered to post here
I have no idea. It was a cool find either way(even if you made the site).

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Found this excerpt from blog.wired.com...

Allison,

The Helix Firm has been around for a while, but there are very few people who know of them. They have a lot of core activities supposedly close to where I grew up and live so I recall hearing the name rumored before. I think there may be some connection to Yale? I can see how you or your dad may see them as pompous since they do attract very well educated, traveled, and networked people. If this man who was friends with your dad was a member, he was likely extremely well connected and/or wealthy. From what I understand they have an open application or enrollment period that lasts sometimes over a year but then doesn't come around again for many more years. I've heard all sorts of rumors about them but nothing anyone has ever been able to put a finger on. I'm not even sure what they do... or suspected of doing! I've always thought it was funny before when someone would mention "conspiracy theory" and focus on the same old names yet these guys flew under the radar. It would be interesting to hear more about what you know. Can you share any more? Did your dad mention what this guy did or how/why he was a member? What does your dad do? What is Stapleford Park? Thanks.

Also, I submitted dummy info with a new email address courtesy of Hotmail, seems like the link is dead or not working. Maybe the enrollment period closed, like what I found in the above blog from wired.

Interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just read your posts. Good find. Unfortunately it seems as someone is baiting the internet. Those posts on wired seems too convienent. If you read the posts on that site, The original post is from May 07, and after like ten posts it skips from May 07 to Jan.08 then to Apr 08 Helix Firm is not mentioned untill April 16th 08 the day after this thread was started. It seems like someone saw that blog, and posted something about Helix Firm to make it look natural. And as far as Helixfirm.com, that looks setup to me, maybe Someone is coming out with a book. Also I have my suspicions about you as well Samwise. Its very funny Samwise as the OP signed up just because of this thread too, and I can see this thread was the only thread you have posted on so far.

May I ask you what lead you to this site? That is you who posted last on wired right?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Honestly, I have to admit I was somewhat 'hooked' on this story. That is until Samwisise appeared with 'the goods'

I am on Mac, and the link he provided had a bad button floating on the logo on the 'login' type page. The button reads NWO on top of the diamond in the crest...

While I am skeptical of Sam's arrival, his newbie status/paranoid savy-ness and the 'holy grail' of information he provided, I want it known that I am not accusing anyone here out right of being a hoaxster, but this is a Hoax in my humble opinion.

Perhaps it is another viral campaign, or someone's weak attempt to obtain contact information from conspiracy theorists and conspiracy minded people in general.

This thread is very similar to how some internet street team types were trying to hype the video game Kane and Lynch here at ATS. The 'blogger' that was linked used ATS as a link driver in his side bar, then posted links here for the google golden mean that lent authenticity to their campaign. It also made their life much easier because they were able to launch there site into the Google heights without more than an afternoon's work.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The two posters here who have provided all of the 'information' have joined one week apart, both for this specific 'conspiracy'.

Also, a google search for "The Helix Firm" comes up with www.helixgroup.com... as its number one link. Not Helixfirm.com . I am not sure how that even is found.

I also note that if you click on the key in the crest,
a box pops open next to affiliation and reads "KEY 10182"

If somebody wants to press on deeper, I also get a java runtime error when I click on the button above the E in The Helix Firm...

Guess the Illuminati Law Firms don't use Macs.... or hire web designers who would bother to vet their illuminati login page on Safari on a Mac... Strange....
DocMoreau

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Guess the Illuminati Law Firms don't use Macs.... or hire web designers

They don't even know how to spell. Check out disposition they spell it "dispostion". The spelled it wrong twice!!. LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

schism 85, I hope you are wrong about this thread and helix firm. I want this to be true in the worst way. Very entertaining so far at least, and it has my interest peaked. Like I said, I want this to be true because I am growing bored with the more "common" secret groups and this feels fresh and new. but with that said, my gut instinct tells me this was all an elaborate fabrication executed over a year. Probably a bar bet. For the mean time though I will play fool and follow along.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by The Oak]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sam, I owe you somewhat an apology. I guess we were compiling our 10182 posts at the same time. Maybe I had you pegged wrong.

I still view you with some scrutiny, as you should me.
DocMoreau

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Oak

I feel it in my gut too. I did want to believe it, and I did for a little while, but Davestocks first couple posts kind of killed it for me after I read over them carefully. And for the new information and the way it was presented, seems all too convienent. The blatant NWO on the diamond, the spelling error, the posts on wired being from April 2008, and the overall corniness of it doesn't feel like the Illuminati is behind this at all. Maybe someone has been writing a book, or a movie and wants to promote it. Either way I will keep an open mind about this and will continue to pursue any avenue given. But I still strongly believe it a hoax.

Like Doc said, how do you find a website like this in the first place, unless you knew where to look.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone else get the runtime error when you click the link above the E?

I 'feel' like they want you to put the 10182 code into the affiliation box, or at least have it 'active' when you login...

I don't know for sure. Maybe the OP could provide the name of the restaurant?

Doubtful,
DocMoreau

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

He did provide the name. Its Sevilla I think on Charles or 4th. Check his newer posts on page 2. Its got a website. I checked it out already. I did'nt find anything too interesting.

I also get a runtime error when I click on the link above the E.

Update: when I put an amount in the donation box it doesn't give me a runtime error anymore. Interesting...

If you click above the diamond, it gives you affiliation info, like AW-94 and it generates new numbers each time you click on it.

Update: It is Sevilla on Charles. Here is the website :Sevilla

His post is on page 2 near the top, where the op specifies the restaurant.

One thing I did find in favor of the op, is this website :Helix Associates
The website says this:

Helix Associates, A Jefferies Company, is a leading global placement agent for private equity funds and has offices in London and New York.

Helix provides a superior service both to private equity firms and sophisticated investors.

Helix’s founders established the firm in 1993. Their aim was to establish an independent placement agent that could exercise its own judgement in selecting which clients to represent.

The firm's reputation is based on discriminating fund selection; thoughtful and balanced research; rigorous due diligence; and effective project management. This approach has generated a consistent track record of successful outcomes. Each year, Helix acts as the placement agent for a select number of high-quality private equity funds.

Maybe these guys are The Helix Firm, and the site helixfirm.com is for members only. Also they are based in New York and are always looking for potential clients and investors. And at the bottom of the page authorized is spelled 'authorised', showing that they cannot spell either (like disposition and 'dispostion') . Plus look at their logo, it is strikingly similar to the Helixfirm.com logo of the dragon inside the shield. Just thought it was note worthy.

I know the emblem on helixfirm.com is the same as the description in the op, but could we get the op to confirm it??

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm still under the impression it's a hoax. And no I'm not part of any of this, I just posted what I found because I was interested when I went to the site when it was posted here. I kind of expected some of you to think I was doing a shifty after my first post being what it was. Anyway, interesting nonetheless. I don't really feel the need to justify myself, so you who question me can think what you like.

Later.

- Sam.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Samwise41

Have you learned anything new?? I am still having trouble with helixfirm.com and I am probably going to give up.

Of course we are suspicious of you, but thats a good thing.

Either way, good find yesterday, even if you are in on it.

Very mysterious site.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No haven't learned anything new.

After alot of trial and error, this is the order in which to press the buttons in a way in which you won't get the Runtime Error. (Use firefox cause you can see the actual buttons)

1. Press the hidden button at the handle part of the key. (Displays box with 'KEY 10182')

2. Press the hidden button just above the diamond (Titled NWO. This generates in the Affiliation box 'AW-##' , ## being one of many combinatons of numbers the button will generate)

3. Fill in the rest of the fields, make sure the donation box has at least one digit in it, even if it's 0.

4. Press the hidden button to the right of 'The' and Above 'E' in 'The HELIX FIRM'

This worked for me, and while nothing much happened when I pressed the last button, I didn't get the error. I just assumed it was submitted. Funny though, when I viewed the page source, it didn't have an email address in it. And I couldn't really make out any code that looked like it masked the email address, so maybe the whole thing is a hoax. Who knows.

I did, however, make a dummy hotmail address, and submit false but believable details, but as of yet have had no reply email from a shady Helix Firm member as such.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samwise41
I did, however, make a dummy hotmail address, and submit false but believable details, but as of yet have had no reply email from a shady Helix Firm member as such.

Question: Why do you qualify a "Helix Firm member" as "shady"?

There is actually no reason whatsoever in the infinite amount of conjecture to suggest that they are shady...why is it that you attribute that to them?

I have other specific questions regarding your use of terms...but I will patiently await an answer to that one prior to continuing....

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Samwise41

I think we are missing something. I've tried a million times last night to get them to e-mail me to no avail. Maybe its not an NWO but some kind of puzzle sight. Either way, I want to know. I am too curious to see if this is a hoax, or something more. I strongly believe its a hoax, and as soon as one of us cracks the website, I think we can prove that it is. I think we've done a good job so far of proving this a hoax, we just need that little bit to push it over. If anyone has any ideas as to what the site is all about, or ways to crack it or hack it (can I say that?), please post. As for now, I am stumped, and I still strongly disbelieve in the notion that The Helix Firm, if it even exisits, is a part of an NWO conspiracy.

And where the hell is the op??

[edit on 23-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is a hidden Field in the form titled "VIEWSTATE" that has some funky code.

The default is:

dDw1NzYxMjczMTc7Oz6AlwvCC5pFB8xiCDqbSB7m8rNa0Q==

but seems to change as data is entered in the fields and the page is updated. Maybe Key 10182 can help us decode whatever this field input is, if it even is meant to be decoded?

Edit
Apparently KEY=10182 and _VIEWSTATE has something to do with Asp.

Here is a page that explains _VIEWSTATE. Very weird indeed.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Has anyone looked up the registration history? I know if you view the current record, it's using an anonymous domain service... however, if they didn't do that when they initially registered, the record should still be out there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join