It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98% Of Historians Call Bush Presidency A Failure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sadly they are wrong. bush minor's presidency has been quite successful for his owners. For the rest of us, its a disaster however.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by logictruth

What part of torture is illegal do you not understand?
Ever heard the saying two wrongs don't make a right? Extremely cheesy, but true.

The Iraqi's don't want Americans patrolling the streets and breathing down their necks. It's time for America to start worrying about America instead of everyone else. Think of all the money we could have saved from not going into war.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by logictruth
like i said the economy hopefuly wont go into a recession. and cant be called one till it officially is one.

Sure it can, to people who think.

i agree completely with the Iraq war. whether WMD where there or not.(do research on the possiblity of saddam moving his WMDs to syria.)

No proof.

i believe the war liberated Iraq and now that country has a chance to be a role model for the rest of the middle east countries ruled by tyrants

Again, we create more tyrants through our actions than we stop. And, most of the Middle East is actually ruled by democratically-elected governments. If they have Sharia law, it's because they want Sharia law. And, the only thing Iraq is a "role model" for now is sectarian civil war.

and yeah ive heard of FEMA. but this disaster could have been prevented if the state govt had taken a look at its levees.

The levees were built, and their maintenance provided, by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. That's Federal.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

actually you have no morals. if you think the iraqi people liked living in your of getting killed then your wrong. saddam used chemical weapons against his people, that alone is enough to get the bastard out of there. he invaded another country thats another great reason why we had to get him out of power. if we left him alone he might have caused more problems. he was a supporter of terrorism and thats not acceptable

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Bush invaded another country. Lets get him out of power.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sadly bush minor's presidency has been very successful for his owners.... for the rest of us, we got screwed.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

i completely agree with you.
i still cant see the logic these people use when they say we shouldnt torture someone with time sensitive info.

To date this has *NEVER* happened outside Hollywood.

if waterboarding someone gets info on a possible attack on US or allied soil then its ok with me.

Then you're a criminal and belong in jail.

they behead our guys we just waterboard them and then they live comfortable in a prison.

Or eventually let them go, because they honestly were factually innocent. Of course after we abuse them they actually do join terro groups to get revenge. So, what you're saying is, you like creating new enemies where none existed before.

its so stupid how some people on this site want to have bush impeached and tried as a war criminal, when he hasnt done anything illegal.

Oh yes he has. Look up some of the crimes he's committed. Just look it up for yourself. Seriously. Turn off Faux News and do some damn research.

the same people that want that wont support liberating a country ruled by a real tyrant

WE had no right to make that decision. That was for the Iraqis to decide.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

actually terror plots have been foiled. i dont care how they get the info as long as they get it.

ok ok name some war crimes hes committed.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

actually you have no morals. if you think the iraqi people liked living in your of getting killed then your wrong.

Then they had the right and the responsibility to rise up and remove him themselves, or to petition the U.N. for assistance. We did NOT have the right to make that decision for them. By this logic we should be crusading around the globe, taking out every dictator there is, from Africa to North Korea. It's not our place to decide. If the Founding Fathers had never declared independence, and France came and "liberated" us without our consent, and then occupied our land, falsely imprisoned and tortured our citizens while supporting a puppet government and pretending to help us become "independent", we'd be pretty pissed, wouldn't we?

saddam used chemical weapons against his people, that alone is enough to get the bastard out of there.

Weapons we provided for him. We share direct responsibility for those deaths. Their blood is on our hands.

he invaded another country thats another great reason why we had to get him out of power.

Kuwait, right? He invaded only after asking the first Bush admin's State Department, with his request based on the fact Kuwait's sovereignty was questionable (it had in fact been part of Iraq). He was given a "non-answer" answer that basically amounted to a deniable approval by George H.W. Bush.

if we left him alone he might have caused more problems. he was a supporter of terrorism and thats not acceptable

Seriously, what are you drinking? Saddam and Osama bin Laden were mortal enemies. They would have killed each other upon meeting face-to-face. Saddam didn't support terrorists! There were no terrorists in Iraq until after we invaded. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

actually terror plots have been foiled. i dont care how they get the info as long as they get it.

The "liquid explosive" guys? Give me a freakin' break. What plots, and how were they stopped? Please provide a complete list of the evidence.

ok ok name some war crimes hes committed.

Then you admit Bush is a criminal and therefore needs to be prosecuted.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

no i do not admit that. i want you to name them because i know theyre not legit reasons to convict him of being a war criminal. seriously get your head out of your ass thinking you know the complete truth. all you know are lies told to you by sum dumb anti war bush hating hippie. if you get your info from this site then your becoming more ignorant. look at the truth not some failed attempt to undermine our president.

do you honestly think we would sit around if he actually had committed war crimes? no we wouldnt. and he hasnt. stop making stupid claims based on pure hatred for the man and start making your claims based on morals and sympathy for people that dont have the right we have.

iraqis couldnt speak out against saddam he would kill them. look at the chinese its the same thing. you cant speakout in a country where the freedom of speech doesnt exist. i bet more iraqis are happy now that their future promises freedom with out fear of getting killed.

supporting a policy of isolationism wont work. because of it WW2 happened. we cant just ignore tyrants like saddam. doing so would allow the possibility of another hitler like character coming into power. if anything we should learn from or history so that the same things dont happen again. yet you and others here dont seem to support that.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by logictruth]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by logictruth]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think you have your morals mixed-up. Torturing people is not right!

Seriously, get your head out of your ass thinking you know the complete truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

I think you have your morals mixed-up. Torturing people is not right!

Seriously, get your head out of your ass thinking you know the complete truth.

i hope you know during vietnam we waterboarded our troops to train them.
its not a cruel cruel torture technique, if it helps get info on possible attacks then it shold be used. and i think you have your morals mixed up. you cant get passed the torture, to see that it can actually help.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
logictruth you have to be the only person who ive seen defend bush..

says it all really.

Anyhoo Saddam was the only guy in the middle east to stand up to George senior Bush. George bush just wanted his head on a plate. suferiority complex kicking in. And Saddam was already crippled when your recent president went in and literally blew up the country killing thousands of people. No weapons of mass destruction. Your recent president broke the UN treaty. His war was on "terrioism", and supposedly getting those who were "responsible" for 9/11 was also out the window. He lied to your nation on war on terroism by going into Iraq. Now the middleeast is going to be nuked..

You need to check your morals logic

Saddam has nothing to do with either. George wanted his oil and to kill his father's enemy.

George Bush is a criminal and far worse than any terrosits ive seen in the last 8 years. He has created the terror in this world not saddam.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This will be my last post for the day, as I have better things to do than castigate the likes of you.

no i do not admit that.

Yes, you just did. You said "ok, ok some war crimes were committed". Unless that was a lame attempt at sarcasm.

i want you to name them because i know theyre not legit reasons to convict him of being a war criminal.

Torture is a war crime. So is "extraordinary rendition". Suspension of habeus corpus for prisoners of war. There's more. DENY IGNORANCE and look it up for yourself, since nothing I can say here will convince you.

seriously get your head out of your ass thinking you know the complete truth. all you know are lies told to you by sum dumb anti war bush hating hippie.

All you know are lies told to you by the MIC-owned and operated MSM and their butt-boys Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc. Who, by the way, are laughing at your slavish devotion to Bush.

if you get your info from this site then your becoming more ignorant.

Says the man who apparently doesn't bother to look anything up if it doesn't have the Republican Seal of Approval.

look at the truth not some failed attempt to undermine our president.

"Undermine our President". Wow. You actually believe that? I guess you think guys like Al Capone were just "legitimate businessmen", huh?

do you honestly think we would sit around if he actually had committed war crimes?

You would, and you are, because you refuse to believe he's capable of it. I don't think any amount of evidence could convince you. I think you're a sad little child who needs a fake cowboy like Bush to hold your hand and tell you "it's all right, the System works".

stop making stupid claims based on pure hatred for the man

I don't hate him. I hate the pig-headed, failed philosophy and the financial aristocracy he represents. I kinda actually feel sorry for him, since he's not really even the one pulling the strings. He just gets to sign the orders and take the heat.

and start making your claims based on morals and sympathy for people that dont have the right we have.

I don't sympathize. Sympathy is arrogant and implies superiority. I empathize. There's a difference.

iraqis couldnt speak out against saddam he would kill them. look at the chinese its the same thing. you cant speakout in a country where the freedom of speech doesnt exist.

And thanks to Bush, that way of life is here in America now. Look up "free speech zones" and the amount of surveillance carried out against legitimate protesters.

i bet more iraqis are happy now that their future promises freedom with out fear of getting killed.

Over a million Iraqis are dead because of our invasion and the resulting civil war. More die every day at the hands of a rival tribe, an American soldier, a Blackwater mercenary, their own "police". You call that "Happy"?

One last thing: If you support this war so damn much, why aren't you over there fighting in it?

[edit on 4/16/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The bottom line is, as I have stated before, and am getting tired of repeating myself, is that torture is torture. As far as waterboarding our own troops, I don't know how i feel about that. I suppose it's the same as us gassing our own troops so they know what to do if they do get gassed by an enemy.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
logictruth you have to be the only person who ive seen defend bush..

says it all really.

Anyhoo Saddam was the only guy in the middle east to stand up to Georg Bush. George bush just wanted his head on a plate. Saddam was already crippled when your recent president went in and literally blew up the country killing thousands of people. His war was on terrioism, and supposedly getting those who were responsible for 9/11

Saddam has nothing to do with either. George wanted his oil.

George Bush is a criminal and far worse than any terrosits ive seen in the last 8 years. He has created the terror in this world not saddam.

another crazy claim. back your claims plz. how is he the worst terrorist ever??? man no offense but your not even worth arguing against. i cant argue against ignorance

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

The bottom line is, as I have stated before, and am getting tired of repeating myself, is that torture is torture. As far as waterboarding our own troops, I don't know how i feel about that. I suppose it's the same as us gassing our own troops so they know what to do if they do get gassed by an enemy.

ok i support waterbaoding only. anything else like getting your balls shocked or getting your fingers broken i dont support that. just waterboarding.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Know im not im opening my mind........ I'm looking at todays world, and its a dire state. Have you been outside of the USA recently????

Your clouded in ignorance.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You've basically been calling Nighthawk and I ignorant the entire time you have been arguing with us. Please continue. No one will stop you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join