It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What killed the Dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is my first thread in this section, so apologies if this is not the right place

A Cretaceous/Tertiary Boundary Rock or the K-T Boundary Rock is the evidence that a large meteor killed hit the Earth 65 million years ago wiping out the dinosaurs. For those unfamiliar with this, there are no dinosaur fossils above this line, and it is the ‘theory’ that dinosaurs were wiped out in the cataclysm.

Scientists have been looking for the fingerprint of the impact for years, with a few being pinpointed and with best guess scenarios or being disregarded.

I have no problem with the idea that a large meteorite hit Earth, it happens all the time (geologically speaking).
What I am confused about is the fact that if this meteor killed off the dinosaurs, then shouldn’t there be a large collection of dinosaur fossils in that layer?

The scenario is that there would be a large amount of ash and rock thrown into the atmosphere, a fire ball and shockwave spreading out at supersonic speeds, virtual nuclear winter, little to no sunlight getting through.
Wouldn’t the ash and other eventually fall with the rain and basically ‘concrete’ the dino remains over?

The scientists still cant answer why the marine based reptiles died out, whilst other reptiles survived.

I summarise that something else killed off the dinosaurs and that this theory is just a convenient method to avoid answering annoying questions without an answer.

PS: if just one of you answers reptoids...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, i hope i'm not going to be the only one who answers (considers calling the OP a reptoid) but there are numerous possibilities for what wiped out the dinos.

Mega-volcanoes and Climate Change (massive dino population = massive amounts of farting) are but a few.

I see what you're saying though, in that you're suggesting that the dinos should have ended up something like the people who fell victim to the wrath of pyroplastic flows.

Interesting to note is that many of the presumed crash sites of the so-called 'species killer' 'roids is that many of the craters could have been left by mega-volcanoes, but n/m that.

p.s; i don't think i'm a reptoid, but it's up to you to decide.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think dino's are a natural part of a planet's evolution, and ET's steered an asteroid to destroy them so the planet could move towards humanoid life.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The dinosaurs actually developed an advanced and technological society. Much of their society was organized around the belief of greed and capitalism. They excused all the negative effects over time, defending it like a religion.

Eventually, 1 dinosaur ended up owning everything, and in his greed he built himself a bunker and threw all his valuable possessions down into it. Then he nuked the rest of the world.

Emerging afterward, the victorious dinosaur looked upon the world, exclaiming "It's mine, all mine!"

The only surviving dinosaur left on earth was female. But suffering the loss of everything she knew, she didn't want to live in the empty shell of a world he created, so she killed herself.

The male was left to try and procreate with his gold and silver artifacts, which produced nothing but horrible abominations that weren't reproductively viable.

And that was that.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think we can guess how some smaller species may have survived off of these large dead ones. Especially when it may have been possible if they were also burried, refrigerated and even frozen. Even early man could have survived off of these.

It may be that there's a cyclical astronomical event that we go through of a period of some asteroid belt of another past collision. The prophecy and claim of the heavens being shaken may have something to do with the beginning and 2012. Maybe we were originally two solar systems that merged? It would seem we're going to find out soon.

".......and I saw a new world coming for the old one had passed away."

Some may survive underground while others are taken in large ships or alien(?) spacecraft. The meek shall inherit the earth or those that learn to adapt and survive; plant animal or human etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
what killed the dinos? i believe it was homer simpson! remember? he went back in time and sneezed and gave them a virus to which they had no immunity too!

sorry, could not help myself. LOL!

have a good day!

seriously, good post.

new topics

top topics

join