It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded Iraqi is given £2m payout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Wounded Iraqi is given £2m payout

news.bbc.co.uk

An Iraqi teenager accidentally shot by a British soldier is to receive £2m, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed.

The man - who cannot be named for legal reasons - will receive the payout after suffering severe spinal injuries which have left him paralysed.

The compensation is higher than anything paid to any British troops injured in Iraq.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said the payout was "not a precedent, it is an exceptional case"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well that's one victim paid off... now how about the rest of Iraqs civillians?

How about compensating ALL those that have lost loved ones or have been injured due to the dismal mess that the USA and UK have made of Iraq and this so called "war on terror"...

"It is not expected that there are any other cases of such severity," a spokesman said.

I beg to differ on that one. Limbs/eyes lost due to poor targeting or blanket bombing or ricochets.
Lives lost through general "over eagerness" of troops to "get a job done".
The unusual murders of families in their homes by US and UK troops that had been reported.

"If Iraqis were able to get access to British courts, they would clearly be entitled to much higher levels of compensation, based on this precedent.

Do you think anyone is telling Iraq about this? Even if they knew they would still have trouble getting into the UK.
Imagine the chaos the airports and sea ports would be under as they become flooded with millions of Iraqi's trying to claim compensation...

I hope they know, I hope they make their way to the UK and start making these claims ASAP.
Certain governments need to be taught a very hard lesson in how they go about their business and how they treat others.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You make a very good question boil inside my head:

What is the "exception" that they are talking about?

I'm leaning towards keeping this guy quiet about something.

Considering the other millions of dead and/or severely injured Iraqis that seem to have ceased to exist, now that they've completely saved face with this one little tiny paout [sarcasm].

[edit on 15-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

This payment goes against any logical idea of the reason for the war in the first place.

It's almost an admission of guilt. But, as you ask, so do I and I presume others do too, what makes this case so different to all the countless others that have been and are currently or will be effected by this farce that is a the 'war on terror'.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I like the way this person not only now has £2mil of our tax payers cash but is now also living in the UK as well and getting medical treatment on the NHS, whilst our soldiers struggle to get anything when they get injured.

new topics

top topics

join