It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Toughens Gun Policies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Wal-Mart Toughens Gun Policies

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Wal-Mart, the nation's largest seller of firearms, announced Monday it will toughen rules for gun sales, from storing video of purchases to creating an internal log of which guns they sell that are later used in crimes.

Changes to come at about 1,100 Wal-Mart stores selling guns include:

_Creating a record and alert system to record when a gun sold at Wal-Mart is later used in a crime. If the purchaser of that gun later tries to buy another gun at Wal-Mart, the system would alert the sales clerk of the prior buy and could refuse to make the sale.

_Retaining the recorded images of gun sales in case law enforcement wants to view them later as part of an investigation.

_Expanding background checks of employees who handle guns and expanding inventory controls.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is the next step in creating a catalog of who owns guns, where they bought it, and what they look like. Why would this be necessary in any way, other then as a way to profile people, know who can be blamed for gun violence, whether they did something or not, or collect the guns when they want them back. You already have to register it, why do they need a video of your purchase, why a face with the name, you can already be identified by the registration. This seems to me to be so if someone miss uses the gun they can show the video on CNN and FOX for sensationalism and start cracking down on people's rights to own a gun. What next, video of your cigarette purchases, beer sales, baking soda? This is completely unnecessary.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-14-2008 by Ruggeder]

MBF

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
What if you sell the gun or if it is stolen and then used in a crime. Do they still refuse to sell you a gun? If a criminal wants a gun, they will NOT go through all the background checks. All that is for is the honest people, and they want to treat US like criminals.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Seems simple enough.

Don't buy your firearms at Wal*Mart...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Seems simple enough.

I was thinking of making my next gun purchase over the internet.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Seems simple enough.

+1

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Exactly! Ok Now you can give me the one line post , because you said it all.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ruggeder

What's going on....Wal-mart trying to appease the libs? This must be a conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Dude, isn't it obvious? Walmart shouldn't be selling guns at all. it's a family store. Off topic, reminds me of this old thread. lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm hardly a conservative at all, in fact, I'm not at all. But even I think this is too far to go, and there are alot of liberals who won't think this is great either, so it's hardly pandering to the "libs". Yes stopping Sales at wal-mart might make them rethink there policy, but alot of people won't be aware that they are being filmed and will still by there.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I buy my guns at yard sales. And on craigs list.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Criminals are not likely to get their guns through conventional channels anyway so this has everything to do with the next phase of profiling as someone mentioned above.

IMO, just one more reason to hate Wal-Mart and not give them my $ - I mean besides the hell they put that poor woman through a few weeks ago over just $400,000 dollars, a mere drop in the bucket for them.

I might also add that Hillary Clinton was on their Board of Directors for 12 years.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I see this as being one of the worst things possible for when marshal law is enforced. It will be a catalog to go by, when they need to "Un-arm" our citizens in order to "Protect" us. All they will have to do is go Door to door, and collect up the guns, This is OUTRAGEOUS .

Next step - Concentration camps for "Violators"

Hakii

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

What does being a "family store" have to do with anything? My family has bonded around firearms and shooting sports for generations. What's more "family" than an afternoon of clays and a cookout? You're comment illustrates your ignorance nicely. An ignorance shared by the entirety of the gun grabbing set.

I've never bought a gun from WalMart and now I never will. I inly bought ammunition from one once and the clerk behind the counter was an ass about it. Then, I live in the middle of anti-gun Hell and we already have to put up with registration and finger printing and all that crap. Because lord knows if I were going to commit a crime with a gun I'd pay $100 for the permit class, $140 in fees and get myself photographed and fingerprinted by the state police when Icould have just visited Leroy down the block and slipped him $50 for some P.O.S. .25 out of his trunk. God I hate CT.

WalMart is free to do what it wants to and I'm free to shop elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hakii

News Flash - they are already going door to door in Washington DC and Oakland CA..."asking permission" to search for guns.

new topics

top topics

join