It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Rank Patches revealed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just now saw on the steven colbert show, a book full of "black ops" rank patches. Was wondering if someone with more knowledge on researching these things could look into it for me and give your educated opinion.

The name of the book is I could tell you, but then I would have to destroy you

Here's a link to a picture of one of the patches shown:
Patch

More:
More Patches

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Xilvius]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Colbert said point blank: how can you prove they are real and not just made up to sell your book? He can't.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Colbert said point blank: how can you prove they are real and not just made up to sell your book? He can't.

Precisely why i had requested someone look into it

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Are these patches from the same group that were posted here a couple of weeks ago in video format? I even noticed some sporting the emblems/patches on their Avatars afterwards. Anyone?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes they're the same, and they aren't rank patches. They're unit patches. There's a large difference there. Most of them aren't secret, they are just the less talked about units that the public doesn't often see.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm guessing the one with the moon and the question mark are the guys in charge of making sure no one finds out we didn't land on the moon.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
I'm guessing the one with the moon and the question mark are the guys in charge of making sure no one finds out we didn't land on the moon.

Well, personally, i dont think they did a very good job

in my own deciphering i believe it is for the people in charge of keeping anything to do with space from the public. My reasoning is the question mark is larger than the moon itself, and the moon isnt full, only a cresant. If it was to do with just the moon, you'd think they'd make it a full moon.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They are legit unit insignia patches. There are more than the few you have posted that have made it to the public eye. Keep in mind that the government does a lot of necessary secret work.

Here's a recent thread, with video...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Sorry, mate, these patches are a hoax, and clearly so...
NOYFB? None of your forking business? Give me a break, this is too silly for words.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

So you're telling me that super-secretive parts of the military made up PATCHES to advertise their super-secretive activities? Just who would they wear these patches around? Each other? Seems massively far-fetched. Even more far-fetched is that some of these (obviously limited-edition, as there can't be many alien test pilots) patches were leaked to the public.

I doubt the secretive black-ops military guys would put all their eggs in one basket and make patches saying what they do, with little pictures of aliens and spacecraft on them, and then let them get into the public's hands. They're the military, not boy scouts.

This is one of the more pathetic assertions I've seen on ATS since "electric aliens".

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dervishmadwhirler

i am sorry but you are very wrong...

these are legit patches. i even own a few myself, try reading the book first !!

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

and to you sir,

they dont wear them ....they are usually put in frames, thats where mine are, in a frame in my study.

as i said to the previous poster,,,try reading the book before saying anything that might seem naive.

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by dervishmadwhirler

i am sorry but you are very wrong...

these are legit patches. i even own a few myself, try reading the book first !!

snoopyuk

They may be legit, nut they are not issued by government.
When I was in the army,altho twenty years ago, almost (we still were drafted in those days in Holland,) my company had patches like these, but they were unofficial; as someone has said here already, they are made by the chaps of the company themselves, or at least they had them made.
This thread kinda makes it seem that they are official badges...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The ATS member "godzuka" provided this very interesting link in the thread about Apollo 20 update some days ago. I hope this member doesn't mind that I post the link here too:

www.thespacereview.com...

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Black op rank patches ? No such thing. These patches are not real. Though the one with the stealth aircraft is nice it shows the 509th, that was a bombing squadron in Roswell in the 1940's and 50's I think. I like the moon and the dark sky patch. Nice design

Being former Military in Aviation & Missile systems. I flew some Sikorsky 60's . I can tell you they are not real. Steven Colbert is full of it. The military does not go around displaying what unit or squadron your in if your on a mission that is very sensitive. Here’s a hint. Just a plain flight suit and nothing else is just fine. Get it.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I do have a patch but it was never on my flight suit. None of the ones on the links though. That crescent moon patch looks kind of familiar. maybe it’s a variation of something I’ve seen before. maybe in someone's office. but never on flight suit. that one could be real.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not all of these patches are real unit patches.

Many are made up by the military members and used like trading cards....they are called "moral patches"

For example, we have one in Alaksa....it is of a bare arse and it says "freezing our arse of so you dont have to".

There are already a few threads here at ATS on this very topic. And many of us have posted some of the various "moral patches"...again, not real patches worn on uniforms

[edit on 17-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Units often devise their own (official and unofficial) crests, patches and mascots. Nothing particularly surprising. I'm not sure that they are authentic, but again, it would not surprise me that they were.
The 509th was the Bomb Wing that dropped the bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. It currently operates the B-2 bomber. It's my favourite of the three. "Gustatus Similis Pullus" = "Tastes Like Chicken"
I don't recognize the other two, but the Dragon and Diamond have been used before by NRO units.
Good find.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Whether they wear them, eat them, put them in frames, or send them to the Queen, matters not. My point is no armed forces in the world is going to make a patch signifying black-ops, especially ones that are still going on.

So please don't try to defeat my argument with pedantry, as my argument still stands.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It didn't make sense to me that they would actually wear them... same reason the sarge would dress like a grunt in Vietnam... don't display your rank, and you won't be the first target. Also, I kinda remember someone talking about black ops missions where they wear nothing that labels them in any way... no dog tags even.

Now, black ops making these as "trader patches", I believe. In boy scouts, before we went down to Philmont we made sure to buy a bunch of extra Longs Peak Council patches for trade to other troops from other councils... I had about 3 other councils' patches... a troop from Alaska had a neat one, but I couldn't get one.

I could definitly see these as possibly black ops, but if you consider that you take a design into a shop and have a dozen made up for you and your copilot/buddy/bunkmate, just so you can trade with some other, and consider how many troops have probably done this, I'd say the chance is very low.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join