It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO (?) over DFW, Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
On our way home last night (4/13/08) @ 9:30pm my girlfriend pointed out a light in the sky. It was headed northeast, moved too fast & too high to be a plane, and wasn't blinking. It also looked too bright to be a satellite. I looked down for what couldn't have been more than 5-10 seconds to grab my cell so I could capture video and when I looked back up, it was gone (at that same moment, the stop-light turned green, so she had to look away to drive). I'm thinking it could have been the space station, but I haven't heard or seen any news about it being visible. This took place in SW Arlington. UFO? Maybe; maybe not. It was to us, at least! Anyway, just wondering if anyone else saw the same thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No, it's not a UFO. I saw the exact same thing you did and I live in Wylie. I thought the same thing for a while as i watched it because it was just so damn bright and was only maybe 15 degrees above the horizon.

However, it finally flew over and it was just a small plane with some pretty damn bright lights on the front. It had no blinking lights, but just a red and green light on the wing tips. It continued flying Northeast.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi rivos. The ISS and Hubble were both visible from Arlington, TX on the night of the 13th as well as the Cosmos 1844 Rocket and the SeaSat1 satellite. By your description I think that it is quite possible that you may have seen one of these, or possibly another satellite.

See this Heaven's Above link. I have it set for Arlington. This is a great tool when you see one of those "moving stars" and want to try to identify it.

I am not saying that with all certainty that you may have seen one of these, but it is a possibility.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There was also a blimp in the area this past weekend. I saw it coming from south of DFW, over Mansfield and headed towards Arlington (Arlington municipal airport has facilities for blimps and is used for any events in the area).

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! I'd like to think it was the space station since I didn't see the green and red lights of a plane, but anyway, thanks again!

top topics

join