It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols from sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I watched this video the other day and couldn't help but thinking about the possibility of alien symbols translated through sound. We have all heard the Cassini probe sounds from Saturn as well as other signals from space. I wonder if anyone has put those sound waves to the test? I'd be curious to see what kind of symbol they would create...if any, and if it would be recognizable.

here's the first video that gave me the idea

Sound waves into symbols

then I found this other video of this guy called Ed Sherwood who states he found a correlation between crop circles and sound. There are 5 or so parts to his video so heres the page with all of them.

Sound & Crop Circles

Here's one I'm sure we've all seen before

Sounds from Saturn

And a few more from the University of Iowa

U of I space sounds

now all I need is a big speaker and some sand !!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A "square wave", even though it has sharp corners and abrupt changes in direction, can be created with combinations of smooth, curvy sine waves.

All shapes, whether they be symbols, objects, or whatever... are combinations of sine waves of different amplitude, frequency, and direction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also see "Fourier Mathematics".

[edit on 14-4-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I hear what you're saying and do agree with you. As for the mathematics behind it......im sure its all correct but its also all Greek to me (math was never my strong suit). I was only wondering if there might be any possible correlation between the sounds and the symbols they create to some kind of hidden message/contact from other off worldly life. I know, VERY far fetched and I'm sure there is some kind of science (like you posted above) behind it.....but what if?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What would be a fascinating experiment would be to play the Cassini sounds to a synesthete:

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiae or synaesthesiae)—from the Ancient Greek σύν (syn), meaning "with," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), meaning "sensation"'—is a neurologically-based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.

In sound → color synesthesia, individuals experience colors in response to tones or other aspects of sounds. Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues break this type of synesthesia into two categories, which they call "narrow band" and "broad band" sound → color synesthesia. In narrow band sound → color synesthesia (often called music → color synesthesia), musical stimuli (e.g., timbre or key) will elicit specific color experiences, such that a particular note will always elicit red, or harps will always elicit the experience of seeing a golden color. In broadband sound → color synesthesia, on the other hand, a variety of environmental sounds, like an alarm clock or a door closing, may also elicit visual experiences.

Of course there may well be no difference for a synesthete hearing sounds from Saturn than noises from the tv, but what a fascinating prospect it poses!

Just imagine they could see a hidden message!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here's another explanation. This one is by David Icke.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The common denominator must be Math.
Some decryptor might decipher the code soon.
Maybe existing ATS members should take a crack at it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Good question I asked this ones to in a thread.
I hope someone does the tests and places it on Youtube.

Like to know what symbols com up with the Saturn sounds.

This is a picture from Saturn

And these are water crystals made with different frequency

look at the ring on top of Saturn doesn't it look a lot like the water Cristal made with frequency 417hz?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And

The Six Solfeggio Frequencies include:
UT -- 396 Hz -- Liberating Guilt and Fear
RE -- 417 Hz -- Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
MI -- 528 Hz -- Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
FA -- 639 Hz -- Connecting/Relationships
SOL -- 741 Hz -- Awakening Intuition
LA -- 852 Hz -- Returning to Spiritual Order

Any connection? No clue
I just remembert that I had seen 417Hz somewhere else..

--
Penta76

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Unfortunately it's darn near impossible to describe what happens. Sensory overload. Lots of blue though, and it makes my elbows feel like someone's poking htem, if that helps.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
We have all heard the Cassini probe sounds from Saturn as well as other signals from space.
I would like to point that the sounds from Saturn are not really sounds, they are the audible representation of radio emissions from Saturn, similar to Earth's auroral radio emissions.

The frequency was reduced by a factor of 44 and the time compressed from 27 minutes to 73 seconds.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
True enough. I wonder what the original sounds were like?

I suppose I just have an over active imagination.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thanks for the info, TheWalkingFox, and darn, there goes my theory!

Your reactions to these auditory prompts are fascinating. Nonetheless, I was hoping for something slightly less mundane.

You know, a need to gather with fellow synethetes in a certain place at a certain time, that kinda thing...

Edit to add: I recorded the sounds on my mobile phone as a ringtone. They had an unexpected effect on my wife...she now thinks I'm an idiot with way too much time on my hands!

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I actually suffer (though suffer is a strong word) from a mild to medium case of Synesthesia. I see colors and shapes with auditory stimulation. However this has come in handy as an electronic musician as I can see what I am writing/recording in a unique way. It actually has an upside

However, it becomes a complete visual washout with extremely loud volumes. My Synesthesia is also highly reactive to moving/automated filters such as Resonance, Cut-Off , Phasers, Flangers and LFO's... etc

IRM

top topics

join