It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter of apology to Skeptic Overlord

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord,

I was one of the more vocal and persistent critics in questioning the loss of the "post search" feature. I became more than a little caught-up in realm of conspiracy, for which ATS is known. I saw a conspiracy where none existed. I was impatient, and at times accusatorial. You maintained a patient, and even tempered demeanor through out.

Please accept my apology for my previous attitude, and my gratitude for your efforts in maintaining an outstanding web forum.

DBS

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If this Isn't a points scoring thread then I'll eat my moldy flipflop

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
If this Isn't a points scoring thread then I'll eat my moldy flipflop

Well if it is, he's failed miserably because you cant accrue points in the Board Questions forum. Anyway, back to kissing S.O's a$$.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Anyway, back to kissing S.O's a$$.

Well if you're going to diss someone on the board it's only proper to apologize likewise. It shows character imo.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow, you could have at least posted a link to the thread where you were so nasty. I am off to go try and find it now, sounds like SO did a great job defusing a potential riot. I go away for the weekend and miss way too much!

Edit: Aww forget what I said before, since I cannot find the thread and there are far too many good ones today to spend time looking for the one mentioned in the Op, I will just say it is nice to see someone come on and apologize for a change.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well if it is, he's failed miserably because you cant accrue points in the Board Questions forum. Anyway, back to kissing S.O's a$$.

Ha ha you learn something everyday! In that case please accept my apologies OP. I was only jesting anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree with Intrepid.
It's better to apologize than to go on letting people think you are a jerk.
Bill I'm sure works EXTREMELY hard to keep this site up and running daily for all of us, and it's a job I certainly wouldn't want on my shoulders.
THANKS BILL.
And to add my 2 cents also,
sorry for the 2-3 times that I HAVE BEEN A PAIN IN THE ASS.
Never again my friend.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

2-3?!
That's all the times you think you've been a pain in our backsides?!

To be honest, I can't think of any time you've been a jerk, rude, accusatory or a pain at all.

Obviously you're not trying hard enough.

Springer...

[edit on 4-14-2008 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ok. i was one of those conspiracy theorist. i just like bucking authority sometimes 'cause it makes me feel like i'm 30 again. i felt a little froggy and jumped. i rec'd a swift kick in the gluteus maximus and failed to stand for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

If you'd like, I could take AccessDenied under my wing, as a mentor so to speak. Maybe a little guidance is needed.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
awwwww

All you guys rock!

Apologies to 3 Amigos for like, everything *grin*..

A$$ kissing complete

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'll jump on the bandwagon too. I apologize for everything I've said and done to be a pain in the past too. Although I don't post much this is the longest I've ever kept an account at a forum without being banned.

I can be petty and mean and I can very easily break the rules. Sometimes I like to be a pain in the butt as entertainment for myself, although I've tried to keep that stuff on other forums and not here. ATS deserves better.

Sometimes I think if I posted more, I'd be off faster than a jewish foreskin.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I NEVER apologize...

I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I NEVER apologize...

I'm sorry but that's just the way I am.

I'm sorry, I laughed my ass off at that. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by AccessDenied

2-3?!
That's all the times you think you've been a pain in our backsides?!

To be honest, I can't think of any time you've been a jerk, rude, accusatory or a pain at all.

Springer...

[edit on 4-14-2008 by Springer]

OH HOW SWEET MARK!!
It was definitely Bill, I think I ticked off a couple times..
I have not been rude, or a jerk, never got a warning..ever. Came close but no cigar. I try to behave.
But only on the boards..lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

You maintained a patient, and even tempered demeanor through out

S.O. has Always been patient and even tempered, for as long as I can remember. It's been a long, interesting and sometimes scarey journey. Just remembering your Manhattan apartment photo's S.O., with the armed guards in the streets below. Hope we Never- Ever have to go through that again.

Springer your eye situation cleared up really well!
No offense but it looked pretty Gross!
Sometimes I miss the old ATS when it was a little more personal. Now,,, as I fumble around the new ATS and there are so many changes. Change is Good S.O., but it's kinda hard maneuvering, around when your're older than dirt!
Keep up the good work fellows.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

If you'd like, I could take AccessDenied under my wing, as a mentor so to speak. Maybe a little guidance is needed.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

In an effort to trace such things to the Prime Cause, just whose wing did you come out from under?

And let's face it, SO can't be human with his workload and always being in a good mood. It's clear he's a cyborg.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We all have our moments dark blue sky myself included. I wish there could be one of those upside down curly 'undo' arrows in the drop down menu at times. Or a forum breathalyzer before posting lol.
No worries is what I'm sure he'd tell you.
It takes a person of character to man up and apologise after getting the jaws of life to retrieve ones foot out of mouth.
Kudos
John

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
In an effort to trace such things to the Prime Cause, just whose wing did you come out from under?

Heh....good question. While it's admirable to have a desire to search for the root cause of my persona....it is home grown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join