It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover in Tibet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to share a documentary i found regarding the current situation in Tibet. It's made by a man, who fled Tibet 10 years ago and returned for three months filming and staying undercover.

It's about 50 minutes in 5 parts and very interesting to watch. Sure, a man who fled will have some heavy bias, but what you see there are people who live there - the scars are real, the girl being shot is real, the brutality is real.

Unfortunately i seem to be too stupid to get proper youtube links embedded, so here are the links

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
at least they still have those numerous population to speak,not like what happened on the other part of the earth.the natives,the original owners of that land,being totally annihilate.how sad.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by beijinghaidian]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
from the 1965 to 2007,tibet's gdp per capita increased 50 times.quite a miracle,isnt it?the ethnic tibetan population jumped from 1.5million people to today's nearly 5 million people in 50years

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beijinghaidian

Watch it please, then pass your judgement. In the moment i'm still watching part 5 and some accounts are plainly shocking.

And please, for the heck of it, stop trying to justify the chinese human right crimes with that of other countries. Two wrongs doesn't make one right.

the ethnic tibetan population jumped from 1.5million people to today's nearly 5 million people in 50years

from www.tibet.com...

The population of Tibet at the time of the Chinese invasion was approximately six million.

And please get your numbers right.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beijinghaidian
at least they still have those numerous population to speak,not like what happened on the other part of the earth.the natives,the original owners of that land,being totally annialated.how sad.

And what has this got to do with the topic?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
And what has this got to do with the topic?

That Beijing guy is shilling for China elsewhere on the board. I don't think he can watch those YOUTUBES that have been posted. They are banned in China .. the China that he's shilling for.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
if Two wrongs doesn't make one right,why not correct your wrongs first,and give back the land to native people ,and pack up to go back to your ancestral countris?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beijinghaidian

Would you mind sticking to the topic and not jack/deflect this thread?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
go to any chinese website to see what majority chinese chinese people think,i m shilling for the government ?is that your last resort to deny and truth?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The population of Tibet at the time of the Chinese invasion was approximately six million

that is a biggest lie i've ever seen.where is the source?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

The topic of this discussion, as set forth in the opening post, is Undercover in Tibet - a 5 part video documentary.

Please focus your responses on the Actual topic of discussion or find the appropriate thread to voice other concerns.

Thank you.

Now back to...

» Other Current Events » Undercover in Tibet » Post Reply

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
could you explain why even dalai lama said tibet benifited a lot ,gained a lot from being part of china?he is lying or what?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I just watched the first link. WOW. It was amazing.
I'll be watching the rest ...

I feel so fortunate to be living in the USA.
God bless those poor people.

I noticed that they briefly mentioned the Olympics. Dennis Miller was on TV the other day. He said that instead of this boycott ... the olympians themselves should all come out in the opening ceremony wearing either an armband OR part of the Tibetian Monk Robes. This would be a huge statement - bigger than politicians not going to the opening games.

I agree. And many of the Chinese and Tibetians would see that.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
huh,i used to live in america, madison town new jersey,it is ok,but it is not that great.but one thing you better realize that dont always try to lecture other countirs while you have a infamous past still haunts you.learn to respect other countries and dont take anything for granted,ive been to tibet personally and i did a lot of research on that,for you ,you said many things but i really dont know what you know about them and what you are talking about .

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
and if you dont like to come,please dont.i dont know why they are trying to make a fuss about boycotting the ceremony when nobody here in china cares about that,why do then have to come here?for a long distance race or what?better for them to stay at home

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the videos.

I had no idea how bad it was for those people, walking for one month in that wide open terrain in that freezing cold.

Wow. What courage. Those people are the true heros, very inspiring.

I have watched the first two and will continue the series.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
walking for one month in that wide open terrain in that freezing cold.

... and getting shot at ... and watching those around you fall dead from the bullets fired by Chinese soldiers .... etc etc.

Amazing courage!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
that was shot by a romanian mountaineer,althout the quality of the picutre is not very good,but i would say that probablly true footage.that is a border area and for long time different counties do daily border patrol around that area,and that is also a important passage way to china by many infiltraters in the history,border tresspassing is also forbidden around that area.in 1962,there was a war between china and india,and till now ,two countries troops are still hostile towards each other.that is a heavely guarded border area.if some tresspassers were found the soldiers probablly will shoot,same thing happens in other side of the border too in the history.but i still say shooting people is bad,even they kind of ilegally cross borders,but human life is worth more than anything esle,i m very glad to learn that the army commander of that aera was severely punished.hopefully that kind of tragedy wont happen again.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I had no idea how bad it was for those people, walking for one month in that wide open terrain in that freezing cold.

And imagine how beautiful life for the Tibetans has to be, to take such a journey, where your toes are freezing away and the danger to be shot in the back lurks anytime.
The other parts are even more shocking, forced sterilisation without sedation, people in total fear....

When seeing the people living in this conditions, the reasons for a violent riot become much more understandable, as sad as this is. Unfortunately, without international help, the Tibetans don't stand a chance against the chinese military - 1 soldier for 20 Tibetans is a disgusting ratio and i fear by no later then the end of the olympics, life will get even worse for the them.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes, getting shot at, watching children die, being sentenced to 15 years for protesting, tanks in the streets.

I really didn't have a clue that such things would be happening, particularly for so long.

The guy that made the video escaped and went back ten years later only to find it worse than when he left.

It seems so sacred and special up there in that area, the location filming alone is worth the watch of the videos, the awareness of the atrocity is simply mind boggling.

What can be kept behind the curtain when the keepers shoot to kill is just horrific.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join