It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reverse-Conspiracy-Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is a thread on the polar opposite of the "Illuminati, New World Order Conspiracy Theory". I havent found this concept fully expressed on ATS yet, so I´ll express it right here. I will substantiate the claims I make through personal accounts.

*Warning: Contains concepts hazardous to your outlook*

The reverse-conspiracy-theory is frowned upon by the mainstream, who dont believe in hidden forces and mechanisms ruling the world, but its also frowned upon by most conspiracy-theorists / society-critics because it doesnt believe that these elites are necessarily all evil.

Reverse-Conspiracy-Theory (RCT) states that conspiracy-theorists are right in suspecting hidden forces at work, but partially wrong about the intentions and goals of these forces.

RCT believes similar to that which "world-conspiracy-theory" believes, but the other way around.

* "The Illuminati" are "the enlightened ones" - forces of progress, goodwill and enlightenment.

* The opponents of "the illuminati" are the forces of death, bigotry, stupidity, oppression, suppresion.

* The "New World Order" will not be a totalitarian surveillance state but a "New Age" of beauty, freedom, diversity, self-determination, peace and prosperity.

How is the RCT arrived at? By looking at "The Illumanitis" opponents. Seeing that those who hate "the Illuminati" (analogous to "The Elite") are religious zealouts, racists, bigots and fearmongers it must necessarily follow that the Illuminati are everything the fearmongers hate: Forces of love and intelligence.

Here are a few examples of some "conspiracy-theorists" having "the world on backwards":

1. "Jews/Zionists are evil world rulers. The Holocaust didnt happen".

This worldview is promoted by mass-murdering Nazis and their modern off-spring.

Personal Experience: The mom of my mom was deported to a concentration-camp and a direct witness to the atrocities. She died a few years ago in a mental-institution. She had kept her stay there secret from my family by wearing a wrist-band (above the number engraved into her skin) and never mentioning it. She had only started revealing her traumatic past a few months before her death. The memories overwhelmed her and she had a nervous-breakdown (thus the mental-instution).

Contrast this with the daily Holocaust-Denial threads popping up here.

2. "The U.S. is evil and nations such as North Korea and Iran are the one´s standing up to the evil conspiracy".

Stuff like this is only promoted by "para-politics researchers" who havent done any travelling but mostly remained within their own hickstown realm trying to assemble a worldview from there. Ive had the displeasure of travelling communist countries and also iran and absolutely know from personal experiences that it is these regimes who are the oppresive ones. The sense you get in these countries is one of depression, anger and darkness. The sense you get when returning to the "evil" U.S. or Europe is one of lightness and relief.

3. "The occult involves satanic rituals, child rape, cannabilism, zombification and other forms of evil perversion. There is an evil occult theocracy ruling the world".

This lie is perpetuated by fundamentalist and evangelical christians who have lost touch to reality.

Anyone who actually studies "the occult" like I did, soon finds out that "occultism" is a mix of hermeticism, esotericism and applied spirituality.

It involves: Meditation, Concentration, Visualization, Yogic Discipline and psychological processes to invoke states of peace, compassion and appreciation towards humanity. Dont believe it? Join an occult society such as the O.T.O. As a all-talk/no-walk religious-zealout you´ll soon get bored by all the peace-inducing stuff practiced.

This is a far cry from what paranoid extremist-christian propaganda teaches. Extremist-Christianity on the other hand spawns intolerance, fear, seperation, the "Others are wrong" mentality and an outrageously infantile view of the universe.

4. "Evil Freemasons rule the world".

Another variation of nazi-, communist-, and extremist-christian/muslim propaganda directed at a group who is actually responsible for acts of kindness (charity), tolerance and global mutual understanding. It is because of prepresenting these virtues that they´ve been expelled and persecuted in any regime that opposes goodness.

Far from being "involved in the occult" or "ruling the world" the masons are so tame that they are almost boring. This is obvious to anyone who has attended masonic lodges or has masonic friends. The only people to who this is not obvious are those that have been brainwashed by the literature and preaching sermons of delusional fanatics.

I could list a few dozen other examples of this "having the truth on backwards" but I think Ive made my point.

Why would "enlightened ones" keep so much secret? Because they'd be slandered, killed, hung, burnt and destroyed by forces of ignorance.

Those wanting an "end to all secrets" are those who want a completely transparent "big brother society". See the irony?

Ive been slandered as a "devil-worshipper" for the simple fact of promoting new-age-ideas. The fact that I am a normal, tame, everyday-type-person who has never done anyone physical harm, doesnt seem to make a difference to people steeped in an attitude bordering the clinically insane.

Take note that the origin of "secret societies" was to protect from the tyranny. Tyranny conducted by the hitler regime, by the catholic inquisition, by the soviet regime and by anyone opposed to decency, common sense and a spiritual well-being.

Does this mean I believe all abrahamic religions to be evil? No. I am talking about the extremist forces within these religions and ideologies. I have muslim, christian, jewish and atheist friends. But these are no paranoid extremists. They are able to have their religion without the need to force it onto others.

Does this mean I believe conspiracy-theories to be wrong? No. Browsing through ATS you can find plenty of real topics, real cover-ups, real issues.
Its the extremist-forces that are causing the worlds ills. These extremist-forces abuse conspiracy-theory for their own selfish benefit. How? By making up wild conspiracy-theories against groups they hate/fear in order to strengthen and justify their own existence.

In other words: Some groups cant exist without projecting an enemy to fight against.

And thats the real conspiracy: Indoctrinating and brainwashing people into weird belief-systems that project all kinds of evils and enemies one is supposed to "fight" and "conquer".

In other words: Our government may be bad...but there´s far worse out there, once one gets priorities straight.

What originally drew me to this site (ATS) was curiosity and the drive to learn and find out more. For me this is possible by ignoring 30% of all threads that only deal with hate- and fear propaganda and are more about slandering decent people and complaining about life than true in-depth research with the intent of bringing wrongs to light and making the world a more honest place.

The Reverse-Conspiracy-Theory states that those pointing a hard finger at others have four-fingers pointing at themselves. For every wrong you find about one of those "elites" I could show you four wrongs by the groups opponent.

At the end of the day though, finding "wrongs" about anyone wont do anymore. Personally contributing something of value to the world will.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What a fantastic argument and an excellent thread subject.

I agree in large part but my only question is what about the apparent drive toward Fascism in the world lately? Where does that fit into your Illuminati/NWO position? How does that dovetail with enlightenment? Are you suggesting that those PTB that would use these tactics are really anti-Illuminati/NWO?

I swear I might need a flow chart to keep up with all the different factions...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
[edit on 14-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Nice post, but you have got it all wrong. You start of by making sense. Logical conclusions from life experience and observations are a no-no. No where in your post have you provided a link, to the insane ramblings on a website that makes ridiculous inferences and unsubstantiated claims, as proof of your ideas. Once again you seem plausible and common sense permeates your thread. Perhaps, like myself, you have taken on ownership of your life, willing to accept the responsibility of your actions, your choices, decisions etc.......don't do it.....let them do it for you. They are going to anyway....well according to some people anyway. Starred and flagged.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

While I agree with some of the definitions you have posted in your thread I also have to disagree with others, base on personal experiences also.

As a conspiracies theorist believer I think that we perceive certain issues and we view certain topics in different ways depending of the understanding, experiences and education we may have.

That is what makes us all human but different when it comes perspectives.

Thanks for the definitions.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

A visual flow-chart would really be a good idea

In answer to your question: I dont really believe that one single group of people are in control.

Instead I buy into the model of competition which has all kinds of "streams" competing for domination.

The aim of the "new age" is, in my opinion, neither domination nor sameness-of-everyone but diversity in mutual respect. Basically thats neither left nor right wing, neither thesis nor antithesis, but "third force"...displayed in the pyramid.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So for instance...labeling a New Age philosophy as "luciferian" as a way of pushing emotional buttons among Christians would be a tactic used to steer people away from enlightenment?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You are referring to something I did recently in another thread. And, admittedly, you´re right about the "pushing buttons" thing.

However, as a side-note, the origins of the word "lucifer" is light, lucid.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
have to disagree with others, base on personal experiences also.

enlighten me to those. Im willing to learn.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yes but I don't think you were the only one "pushing buttons" you were merely being sarcastic to make a point. Others were clearly driving an agenda by casting "new age" as "devil worship, much to the point of your OP.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The whole idea of "conspiracy-theory" is (only in my opinion of course) of religious origin and begins with the following tricky phrase:

The angels of darkness will appear as angels of light

I dont know if anyone can conceive of how much harm this single piece of thinking has caused in the world.

The mentality calls us to suspect evil where there is good, suspect evil when someone calls for peace.

Its the slogan of those who have had their trust broken.

And that, imo, lies behind the christian idea that "new age" (something which I believe is on its way into our world) is evil.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The illuminati are elitests, so they too, are wrong, in a way too. How can they call people racist, when they only inter marry certain family lines. Thats a racist outlook.

So there is one thing that goes against the outlook you portrayed.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The illuminati are elitests, so they too, are wrong, in a way too. How can they call people racist, when they only inter marry certain family lines. Thats a racist outlook.

This is exactly what the OP is talking about. You sound like Alex Jones. Its another "reported" evil trait.....the inbreding evil elite. I think the OP makes a valid point......maybe its time to turn the Microscope on those that build these conspiracy theories, what is the agenda in the fear mongering through all this "evil" tagging of certain sub-cultures that we label Elitist, secretive and exclusive.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I dont want to nit-pick, but there´s a difference between elitist and racist.

Racist polarizes between skin colour and origin, elitism polarizes between upper and lower class. For some royals racism and elitism intermix, but the elitist basically sees "lower" and "higher" no matter what race.

On to your point: You are talking about the royals. Since Ive read plenty of anti-illuminati literature I understand that people think the world is "run by the royals"...

...but actually the royals have lost a lot of power in recent decades and centuries. The lost most of their power when monarchy went down.

They are loosing more power because of all the emerging competition-groups.

Even so...not all royals dont intermarry. Some "black sheep" in the families resist that and marry outside of it.

Whats more is that it is known to them that incestous interbreeding within the family can be the cause of stupidity and retardation. Maybe a reason they lost so much power.

EDIT: Most importantly not all people who have money or power think "elitist" or are evil. On the contrary. Evil is often created by fear, not by being financially comfortably off.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Everyone in their own right believes they are innocent or that their intentions are sincere. That is the nature of being biased.

And most illuminati conspiracists have no problem with believing that the nwo proponents sincerely believe they are doing good. But they would reconcile this thought by saying they are decieved by higher powers. And coming from lucifer or reptillian overlords, I don't think they're going to care really.

The belief that there maybe an underlying agenda to illumination is not unfounded. With great power comes great responsibility. The later of which is typically neglected due to our inclination of ego worship. And the alleged providers of illumination would be aware of this fault.

Humanity through time has learned to shield itself from negative forces. Although it may not be fool-proof it has gotten us this far. Illumination is a collective process and will take longer, but will yield better results.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes, this is very much connected to bitching and complaining about the ever elusive "them" vs. taking responsibility for one´s life.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

A visual flow-chart would really be a good idea

In answer to your question: I dont really believe that one single group of people are in control.

Instead I buy into the model of competition which has all kinds of "streams" competing for domination.

The aim of the "new age" is, in my opinion, neither domination nor sameness-of-everyone but diversity in mutual respect. Basically thats neither left nor right wing, neither thesis nor antithesis, but "third force"...displayed in the pyramid.

This is spot on from my POV. I think those that prescribe to conspiracy theories, especially those of the elitist and illuminati, to explain the world often fall in here:

• anomia, the respondent stated a belief that he/she felt alienated or disaffection relative to “the system;”
• a tendency to distrust other people; and
• a feeling of insecurity regarding continued employment.
www.world-mysteries.com...
and in light of this it would be easy to accept the view of them as being fundamentally evil.

I think if you read this excellent paper you might appreciate the OP's views on this new emerging "third force". It offers some interesting views into two groups expriencing the same society. I think it is relevant when we look at what we think Controls us, or wether we take on that personal empowerment ourselves.
www.ncl.ac.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here´s what some conspiracy-theories have led to:

In the middle ages millions of "heretics" and "witches" were killed due to the conspiracy of them "being in league with satan". If for example you proposed healing through liquids derived from plants or if you said "the earth is round" there was a good possibility of getting killed.

In the 30s of our times there was a conspiracy theory titled "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion". Even though it was a hoax begun by the russian secret police, it influenced hitlers view of the world and led to the mass-slaughtering of millions.

In the soviet-union and communist china the conspiracy-theorists thought there is a capitalist-conspiracy to suppress the common folk. This led to anyone who was succesful or intelligent to be sent to prison, killed or sent to working farms.

Today we have "jihadists" with their conspiracy-theory of "U.S.A, the great satan". As a consequence we have conspiracy-theorists wearing sucide-bombing suits.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Nice article on "Individualization". Good model of what the future may really have in store...as oppossed to reptilian pedophiles from outer space raping those who werent raptured to the heavens of the 27 virgins.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You certainly make some good points and i even wondered this myself a few months back (although not in the depth you obviously have) but im curious about one thing so lets just assume that what you claim is true for now, it seems obvious to me that the majority of the media in the western world is controlled by one group and if they are trying to paint the Illuminati as evil then why are they using mass media to manipulate the masses on so many other topics but not these most important ones? its clear they are so arrogant they dont care if our 1% - 5% or whatever number it is of above average intelligence people know the truth so being too subtle about the way they "leak their secrets" would be a slow and inefficient way to try to taint our minds with lies considering how few of us there really are percentage wise and how easily they brainwash the majority of people. what are your thoughts on this?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

EDIT- double typo

[edit on 14-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join