It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Puts Controversial View on Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by labrador11

|---A FOURTH JESUS---|

We can agree on this as long as you would see how the fourth Jesus would encompass several conspiracies into one. Jesus as an alien-a caesar messiah-a spirit being-a plagiarized myth. The fourth dimension of Jesus peddled in such books can be classified as the fictional spin doctored Jesus and not the Jesus of History or faith.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Jesus never claimed in the bible that he was divine himself, that claim came from others.

Not True.

Moses asked God what his name was. God said, "'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you,'" (Exodus 3:14). In John 8:58 Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Right after this the Pharisees pick up stones to throw at him. Because the Pharisees understood that was Jesus claiming to be God.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy64

" WHY do people-authors-scholars-historians keep trying to put a different spin on Jesus?? NO OTHER FIGURE IN HISTORY has been put under the microscope more then Jesus. "

For the same reason; DARWIN invented evolution, and the SECRET was published, and all the other startling discoveries created to plant doubt in the minds of the uninformed to be sprouted in the future by a one world leader!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

You can argue anything you want Bigwhammy but my interpretation of that particular quote is not the same and Jesus never claimed that he was divine in any way or formhe called himself the son of his God as he regarded every men the same son of the same God making every human being made in the image of the bible god like God themselves, Jesus as per bible teachings treated every single men as his equal.

That quote has been so twisted around that is not funny.

Nice try.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I If he meant anything other than Marge, why would they want to stone him? He expressing said "I am" and before Abraham even. He was claiming to be God.
It is crystal clear.

"I AM" form John 8:58 In the orignal NT Greek:
ἐγώ = egō = I, me, \
εἰμί = eimi = to be, to exist, to happen, to be present

No tranlstion issues... that's exactly what it meant.

nice try

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Again the claim of Jesus divinity was made by others, when you show me where in the bible Jesus wrote that he was God we will continue the discussion.

His so called disciples claim his divinity, as usual poor Jesus never wrote anything of himself.

Very convenient actually.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Now you're just being silly. Of course the Gospels were written by the discilples. I mean DUH, Jesus didn't write a Gospel, that's why he picked his disciples carefully. It was Gods design even down to the one that betrayed him to set up the crucification to save all who would believe. Yeah thats right, just the ones who believe.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
|---IN A PRETTY PICKLE---|

Originally posted by marg6043
Jesus never claimed that he was divine in any way or formhe called himself the son of his God as he regarded every men the same son of the same God making every human being made in the image of the bible god like God themselves, Jesus as per bible teachings treated every single men as his equal.

Do you believe the Bible accurately records Jesus' words?? That he existed as the Bible claims?? Do you believe the Bible is historically accurate or flawed?? I was under the impression you were not a Christian or a believer in Biblical accuracy-inerrancy.

If I am wrong concerning your beliefs and you are a Christian --- how could you not know Jesus claims to be divine??

If I am correct concerning your beliefs and you are not a Christian --- why are you quoting the Bible to correct someone as if the Bible is a valid authority??

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am using the bible the same way that the bible is use like one size fit all, every body find something to make it fit in their personal agendas and as for my religious preferences of lack off has nothing to do with my understanding of the bible teachings.

And your point is . . .

Do I have to stamp my Religious or lack of denomination in my signature to be able to have a discussion in this particular thread?

Is the bible only to be interpreted or read by people of faith and only under their own guidelines and rules?.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So Whammy, are you divinely endowed to be the one right about the way we see the same thing but in different views?

So because I lack faith on the Gospels as the genuine accounts of Jesus you are right and I am wrong?

See when the biggest and greatest man that walked the earth of nothing more than of divine origins never wrote anything about his legacy but supposedly depended on chosen ones [faulty human beings] some that didn't even knew him in person to write about his accounts, life and history, in my conspirators ridden mind a big red flag keep waving its pretty colors.

Peace to you Whammy, because only fate will take all this littler details and dismiss them as nothing more than the evil doings of those lacking fate.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

|---NO STAMP OF APPROVAL NECESSARY---|

It would not seem one would need to be a Christian to understand the Bible --- No --- but one would think it would be clear Jesus professed his divinity in the Bible unless I am mistaken. I'll leave it up to someone who knows what they're talking about to explain. My interest rests more with intentions behind those who propagate religious conspiracy theories concerning religious figures --- in this case --- Jesus.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wisdom is knowing the truth, and telling it. C.S. Lewis in “Mere Christianity” addresses the possibilities of who Jesus could have been. Based on Jesus' own words there are three options. He had to be the Son of God, a lunatic or the Devil. He certainly wasn’t a lunatic or the Devil so He had to be the Son of God.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Jack Thomas Chick]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

" My interest rests more with intentions behind those who propagate religious conspiracy theories "

Where are you going with this?

Their intentions seem pretty clear, to muddy the waters even further than they already are.

And they either believe the lies or created them themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
|---PURIFY THAT WATER:: LET'S CLARIFY---|

Originally posted by toasted
Their intentions seem pretty clear, to muddy the waters even further than they already are.

We are in agreement as to their intentions. My previous reply was to scoot the thread back on topic and to not have it turn into a Bible lesson --- and --- to admit theology is not my strong point once the discussion started to turn down that road. Cool??

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

it's lunatic, liar, or lord
the devil isn't in there...

and there are other options... like: jesus didn't exist
or
jesus was misquoted either intentionally or accidentally...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Well it seems that the murky waters comes from both sides and is not limited to the side that question the bible or take the bible as nothing more than than an overmissued book of the historical accounts of the people of Israel to pursue misguided religious agendas.

Murky waters goes both way and still I am waiting for somebody to point out where Jesus wrote in the bible that he admitted his divinity.

You are not going to find it because he never wrote about anything because he didn't have anything to say about himself.

The claim came from others when misquoting his deeds or invented them.

End of the issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

" Murky waters goes both way and still I am waiting for somebody to point out where Jesus wrote in the bible that he admitted his divinity. "

Yes murky waters do go both ways.

And WHY are you waiting for anything?, how many other people in the Bible gave sight to the blind and rose dead folk from the dead like Lazarus?

How many other people fulfilled so many prophecies? Do you have any idea what the odds were of that happening? It was like finding one marked silver dollar out of a bowl that was three feet deep, and the size of texas!?

I suppose if I thought just anybody could pull that off, then I too might be looking for more.

Some people need to be told or see something in writing, others see it from the actions of the person.

If I can recall anything else that may help you out, I'll post it for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Jesus claimed to be God the Son. No matter how hard we try to dissect it or explain it away, the evidence points directly to that most special claim made by Jesus. One must now answer His question: "Who do you say that I am?"

This is an excellent discussion of this issue for anyone who wants a thorough investigation. www.tektonics.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join