It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in the west...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

I guess Britain has some pretty screwed up laws as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What!!!!!
That little b@$t@rd shouldn't even be out of jail yet!!! He onl served half of it, then let lose. While the farmer still in jail because he stopped the b@$t@rd and his kid!! What the hell, how is he even allowed to show his face? He broke into the mans house, which is legal reason enough to blow him away, and second was stealing from him! Reminds me of a guy who broke into a house, cut himself on the glass he punched through, sued, and won. How the f*ck is this possible, he breaks the law, makes millions!!!!!

That's it! I'm done with this bull$h*t, give me a gun, I'm gonna go to a rich persons house, break in, try to steal, threaten them with a gun, then "accidently" drop the gun, they get it, shoot me, I sue first for stealing my gun, then for the pain and suffering of being shot, lost wages, and then sue for not having any fences or signs that told me not to break in, then sue them for being home! Screw all of you, after that, break into the white house, get shot again, sue again, but sue for even more, when I'm done, I'm going to be full of lead, but I will be loaded!
When I'm done, I'll own all of you! Bow down before James the GREATER! MWahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw, I won't do that, shot myself in the foot before, hurts way to much. But d@mn, how the hell does that happen?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:36 PM
link   
that's crazy - in the US you can blow the hell out of someone if they enter your home, I think? I venture to say 'only in the UK' - west including the US wouldn't be accurate. From what I have read crime in UK is getting out of hand but the 'perception' of crime is far behind. Baseball bats and machetes are sold in large numbers - yet baseball isn't played and baseballs are hard to find. And crime statistics are flawed.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, if anyone ever breaks into your house, SHOOT TO KILL. Dead men can't talk!

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately the crime rate in Britain is one of the highest of any first world country nowadays. It is much much higher (except for murders and fire arms offences) than the US and in this article we have some idea why the UK is such a safe haven for criminals.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As a British citizen, I am unhappy to say that on the news the other day our screwed up government is even planning on forgoing prison charges and instead giving criminals social service instead of time as the populations of our prisons are too high.

Indeed, crime in England is extremely high and living amongst the people here, I can describe the majority of British people in one word - hooligans.

I can't wait until I can reapply for my US Visa...

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have to say that as one who regularly returns to the UK after long absences, and therefore sees a "slideshow" as it were rather than an mpeg: the sense of urban collapse is increasingly acute.
To be sure, our media -especially at this time of year -are thoroughly irresponsible in their reporting, and the situation in suburbs rural areas is very different from that in the inner-cities; but it is worrying.
It is not, of course, irreversible: the Victorians made revolutionary changes to the Hogarthian, Georgian general hell-hole they inherited.
But one's fear is that it is precisely these breakdowns in public morality that presage a violent turn towards authoritarian regimes.
If our MP's were delegates rather than representatives, I fancy that ownership of weapons, suspension of habeas corpus, the restoration of the death-penalty, draconian race-laws, compulsory military service, corporal punishment, means-testing of all benefits, compulsory work etc. would all be just around the corner.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 02:11 AM
link   
..Estragon has spent more than a decade in large -generally impoverished -Asian cities in any one of which a white woman walking through the city-centre at two in the morning would feel infinitely safer than she would in any Western capital.
My own experience and researches and the thoughts and experiences of others have led me to conclude that the main reason is blind, unlimited, absolute dread of the powers of the police, should anything untoward happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Bob88,
In reference to whether or not one may blast an intruder, there are a couple things:

If one finds an intruder in the house, but the intruder is not advancing toward you but is just there, then chances are it is simple trespass and one may not send him into the Great Beyond.

On the other hand, if he is advancing, or you have reason to believe that he is going to harm you and yours (has a gun, for example), he should be a righteous kill.

If, however, he is standing there and you blast him to the graveyard, there is nobody to counter your assertions that he was advancing toward you.
(The above learned in first year Criminal Justice courses)

Common Law allows for the termination of an unauthorized guest on your property no matter the circumstances (This learned from independant study of laws spurred on by the injustice of the statutues with which we are now burdened.)

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
TC, be careful though, a person who is shot and falls will fall differently than one advancing on you. So make sure he is coming toward you, they can figure out if he was just standing there.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
TC, be careful though, a person who is shot and falls will fall differently than one advancing on you. So make sure he is coming toward you, they can figure out if he was just standing there.

uhmm

top topics

join