It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Reveals Vast Majority of Christians in All Key U.S. Denominations Believe They Have a "Moral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why not pray for everyone. Praying doesn't mean you have to get on your knees, or lay on a carpet facing mecca, or wear costumes. This is the universe people. Send good energy and the prospect of peace to everyone in the world, why dont ya?
By taking sides on an issue like this and actually believing that a certain type of people deserve death because of religion is some hitler type sh#t....its some bs...pray for everyone...I send good energy to all in the world as well as you reading this....
Have a great day/night and enjoy your life...Im enjoying mine and I pray that everyone could just simmer the f#ck down and find a way to spread love...
quit thinkin about your self and focus on sending positive energy out to others...watch it come back to you in droves...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

How does one get almost two-thousand ATS points their first day with only one thread?

Well the thread happens to be in Breaking Newes Forum. You get like 50 pts per reply I think. Nearly 1/2 way to RATS on the first day!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

How does one get almost two-thousand ATS points their first day with only one thread?

Check his profile. It says he has 2 threads on the side, but when you click on the link to see what they are it only shows you one.

Maybe his other thread got lots of replies but ended up being deleted? I don't know, but judging from his profile I'd say this is more about spamming than trolling.

Whatever the case, he clearly doesn't pray as devoutly as I eat pizza. That tells you something about the true strength of his religious convictions. Maybe he should just turn off everything, bow to his knees, and never ever stop praying again?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There will be many people standing before their creator to account for thier lives and decisions.
Ive always thought it would be interesting to have Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Jehovah, God, etc in each form thrughout humanities existance and beliefs to judge the person, all sitting at the same table. The person that believed in Jesus would be held accountable to the teachings that jesus left, that buddha left, and so on.

The issue will always be on the person that believed in Jesus to account for how they treated the person that believed in Allah, and vice versa across all the differenet belief systems that exist. This would be sacred Justice, each soul would have their own defender. And each soul would be accountable for their actions by the persecuted soul they offended

For in fact Jews and Muslims are all descendants of Abraham, and Christian and Muslim all believers in the same God that spoke to Abraham.

So pardon me, but it is ridiculously silly to read someone state they wish to Bomb Iran, or any other nation and use the Bible to justify it. This is sheer ignorance of their own Beliefs and what the book teaches.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Hallberg Rassy]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
|---JTC: TROLL OR NOT A TROLL---|

It might not be the real Jack Chick of Chick Tracts but this does NOT mean the guy is a troll. He joined today. I joined the day before yesterday. So what?? I'm new to THIS forum but not forums in general. Is there a rule that n00bs aren't allowed to join this place?? Is it commonplace to start screaming "Troll! Joke! n00b!" when a new member posts or is it an attempt to cover up a lack of intelligence on your part when you cannot debate the information??

Don't like being on the defense so you go on the offense?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Snoopy64]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Cut the shenanigans! What's with all the name calling here? This thread is busier than a one armed paper hanger! Trolls live under bridges last I heard. Now if I was on my way to hell with a car load of ice it would come a freeze. So lets stop the personal insults. This forum had civility standards.

Don't call people names or otherwise insult them.

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope is like the sun which as we walk toward it, cast a shadow of our burdens behind us. I hope we can discuss Israel. Can we get back to the real issue?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Did this guy just say we should drop nuclear bombs...or was it nucular? Facts tell us that the detonation of just a few nuclear(nucular) bombs would cause a severe nuclear winter, thus causing the death of that 80% of christians.

I must say though, I hope a war between good and evil does break out. I hope both sides of this fundamentalism wipe each other from the face of the map! Once we temper both sides the only thing left will be the pure truth of what our eyes have been telling us all along. That all religions are cults and science was rightfully seeking truth all along.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Thomas Chick
My name is Jack Thomas Chick and I believe in Jesus Christ. That is all I need say. Now I happen to be privy to some inside sources you fellows may not. A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man dies but once son and we know that Iran is developing Nuclear weapons to attack Israel. Now son a stitch in time saves nine, so why not a premptive first strike. It is in accord with GODs plan.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Jack Thomas Chick]

George W Bush says the Pledge of Allegiance, and swears America is one nation under god. He's even against abortion. In calling abortion murder, he defends the rights of unborn children. Abortion is genocide claims Justice for All, a national organization with charters on most American college campuses. Christian and staunchly pro-life, Justice for All might wonder at George Walker's hypocrisy. I am guessing you would support their views.

Clearly nuclear weapons will harm unborn children. Radiation creates mutations. In Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to this day, children are born with mutations caused by nuclear radiation. To this day, downwind from nuclear test sites incidents of cancer, leukemia, and birth defects are exponentially higher than national averages.

You are happy to forget this aren't you because it does not suit your agenda.

Euphemistic terms by making tolerable the intolerable, and justifiable the unjustifiable, also make manifest an ugly truth about human nature--humans are gullible folk whom the unscrupulous manipulate happily. You my friend are the worst kind - brain washed by your ugly and venegeful religion AND your government into believing Iran is "evil".In the name of national security, your leaders justify "pre-emptive strikes" upon, and "regime change" in whichever country they deem "evil" or part of the "axis of evil."

Newsflash my brainwashed friend - there is no good and evil except what you subjectively decide it to be - that is why what societies deem to be good and evil has changed over time.

You are morally depraved and psychologically deranged if you honestly believe what you are saying.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
"Hope is like the sun which as we walk toward it, cast a shadow of our burdens behind us. I hope we can discuss Israel. Can we get back to the real issue"
Jack Chick

The real issue as you see it is bombing the middle east with Nuclear Weapons;
"Snoopy, President Bush has become way too liberalized for my taste. I do not understand why we have not employed our nuclear arsenal by this point to secure the middle east"
Jack Chick

Warmongering led by blind faith is marching this world over the cliff. Israel has much to account for to God already.

Maybe we should start with WHY the need to "employ" nuclear weapons in the Middle east? What possible advantage could exist to turn the holy land into radioactive waste?
What possible advantage would the US possess to threaten and destabalize the world..? Has the effects of invading Iraq not been enough on world markets and general fear of what the US will do next?

Israel acts with impunity because the 800 pound gorrilla has decided to use it as leverage in the middle east. Since past US foriegn policies have failed when this occurs, this one will fail also. It is only a matter of how large the failure is, and how far down the US will be dragged along.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow I didn't hear about this until now. I seems very relevant to the topic, so I am sharing it here.

Bush travel plans in Israel changed at last minute due to missile threat

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

TEL AVIV — The United States revised travel plans by President George Bush because of the threat of a Palestinian missile attack.

Israeli sources said the U.S. Secret Service canceled Bush's plans to travel by helicopter from Ben-Gurion Airport to Jerusalem on Wednesday. The sources said the Secret Service determined that Bush's helicopter could be targeted by an attacker with a surface-to-air missile.

"There was an intense last-minute discussion about the possibility of a SAM attack," an Israeli source said. "When the Israeli side agreed that this could not be ruled out, the Secret Service decided to cancel the helicopter flight."

www.worldtribune.com...

The way I understood it before was Bush wants Israel to leave East Jerusalem to make a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders.

Is that still the plan?

[edit on 4/14/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For anybody interested on the agenda of this thread this a link to Jack T. Chick.

en.wikipedia.org... nothing more than fundamentalism taken to the extreme.

This thread is targeting , fundamentalist Christians, Protestants and evangelicans in an effort to recruit through worshiping and servitude of the unconditional love to Israel and to gain support for the annihilation of another sovereign nation in the name of a moral duty to God chosen ones.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

I'm about to do something I have NEVER done on this messge board, one-line....STFU and go away. Carpet nuke a nation ... WTF is wrong with you.

AB1

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I find it quite amusing. On the one hand, as you say, 80% of Christians feel a moral and spiritual obligation to support the people of Israel because you believe they're "God's Chosen People." On the other hand, probably the same percentage of Christians believe that those same Israelis are going to go to hell because they don't believe in Jesus.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

True Christians Support Israel. It is a shame that many have become liberalized to the point they do not realized the moral imperative to fight for the cause of GOD's people.

I don't know whether the percentage is 80% or not.
I'm more concerned about your statement that True Christians should fight for the cause of Gods people. I think that those who feel this way are ignoring an important prophesy recorded in Isaiah.

Isa. 2:2-4, JP: “It shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established as the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many peoples shall go and say: ‘Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths.’ . . . And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”

One thing that cannot be denied is that in Jerusalem today, where the temple was formerly located there is no “house of the God of Jacob,” but, instead, an Islamic shrine. And there is no move on the part of Israel or its neighbors to “beat their swords into plowshares.”

Their survival depends on their military and their willingness to to live by the sword.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy64

It's not a lack of intelligence on their part, it's that they don't believe this guy is as stupid as his posts would make him out to be. If he is... :shk:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'll state it once again:

This is not a Christian nation.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I feel like a rung out old rag thrown out with the wash water. I have not slept one wink.

Hallberg Rassy you are absolutely correct.

There will be many people standing before their creator to account for thier lives and decisions.

Now just forget about that allah tomfoolery and you are in good stead.

Snoopy64 you are correct Jack Chick does not live under a bridge and demand a toll from innocent travellers. I have other fish to fry.

herbalepoch & the titor experience & Hallberg Rassy: Iran is acting as ugly as sin and I know it. I haven't said drop the bomb. I did say I don't understand why we haven't employed our nuclear aresenal. It may be that a nice strong threat would work. Perhaps a little military "exercise". An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Bigwhammy the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. President Bush cowering to terrorists like that is a shame. Nice find on the article son.

Marge if you think you are talking to a backward person you might consider facing them. If she would screw her head back on straight she might not have to walk sideways.

alphabetaone what does STFU mean? Is that foreign?

sylvie when God named Jacob Israel he said, "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." It always has been a struggle.

Sparky63 when the fox preaches watch your geese, do you understand that?

Ladies and Gentleman, evangelical Christians support Israel because we believe that the words of Moses and the ancient prophets of Israel were inspired by God. We believe that the emergence of a Jewish state in the land promised by God to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was ordained by God. Of course, we, like all right-thinking people, support Israel because Israel is an island of democracy, an island of individual freedom, an island of the rule of law, and an island of modernity in the midst of a sea of dictatorial regimes, the suppression of individual liberty, and a fanatical religion intent on returning to the feudalism of 8th Century Arabia. These facts about modern day Israel are all true. But mere political rhetoric does not account for the profound devotion to Israel that exists in the hearts of tens of millions of evangelical Christians. We are with you in your struggle. We are with you as a wave of anti-Semitism is engulfing the earth. We are with you despite the pressure of the "Quartette" and the incredibly hostile resolutions of the United Nations. We are with you despite the threats and ravings of Wahabbi Jihadists, Hezbollah thugs, and Hamas assassins. We evangelical Christians merely say to our Israeli friends, "Let us serve our God together by opposing the virulent poison of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism that is rapidly engulfing the world." We believe that God has a plan for this nation which He intends to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth.

ThePiemaker of course I'M not stupid. But I'm stronger than an acre of garlic!

Sublime620 He would complain if he was hung with a new rope. Of course the United States of America is one Christian nation under God with liberty and justice for all -AMEN

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Jack Thomas Chick]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

True Christians Support Israel.

Could this be a crafty means for the enemy to deceive the unregenerate church into receiving the anti-christ as the second coming of Jesus?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

tt.

I think you ran out of room there.

And no, no matter what you, or whatever extreme Christian church you attend says, this is not a Christian nation.

It's just a nation that has Christians in it. Policy should not ever be based off of religion, but instead good morals and judgment (which is what religion promotes, until nuts like you get a hold of it).

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sublime620]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey Guys maybe Jack wasn't kidding when he said he had some inside information?

Washington believes Israel may strike Iran soon

A senior unnamed US official told the London Times this week that an Israeli military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities may not be far off.

The source said that while the US preferred to wait a bit longer and maintain hope in the diplomatic track, Israel would feel compelled to act if Iran were to construct 3,000 working uranium-enriching centrifuges, a "tipping point" toward obtaining weapons-grade uranium.

A day later, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad publicly declared that Iran does in fact have 3,000 operations centrifuges. He made the statement before the Times interview had been published.

Various Israeli lawmakers and security officials have expressed confidence that if the Jewish state decides to strike Iran, it will enjoy the full support of the United States in doing so.

In related news, the US Congress on Wednesday approved a measure increasing by $155 million its funding of the development of two Israeli medium-range anti-missile systems, reported Ynet. The decision, which still needs the approval of US President George W. Bush, marks a 30 percent increase in America's financial participation in the Arrow and David projects.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

I just found this article looking for what Bushs policy is; because I really don't know all the details. But this is scary!

[edit on 4/14/2008 by Bigwhammy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join