It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion on Vampires?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just wanna find out how alt of people think of Vampires. If I may say, I think they exist. Ive studied, and Ive read, and Ive spoken to some. I would actually love yo be one. Sanguine addictions exist too, I know that. But I think vampirism is something totally different. My opinion is:
1) There are over 700 different blood-lustful creatures.
2) Not all vampiric people need HUMAN blood.
3) They're okay with sunlight.
4) Garlic doesnt phase them.
5) Crosses, Im not sure.
6) Holy water, well, I guess it would bother them as much as Crosses.
7) Stake through the heart? Yeah, that would kill a vampire as much as a human, but Im sure thats not the only way.
8) They dont sleep in coffins.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I dont think there are hollywood types of vampires, But i know there are people that seem to suck energy from others without even knowing it. And ive seen documentaries on people that are as regular as you and me but have a need for blood. Its like a tic to them. And then there are those teenagers that pretend to be vampires to fit in or be cool.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I see that you are a new member here. Welcome to ATS. Look up to the top right hand corner of your screen. There is a google search function. Key in Vampires..and you will get a list of ATS threads on the subject.
Happy reading!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
From what ive seen there are physical blood drinkers but its caused by a sick mind or a sick body and there is a certain special way some peoples energy forms can function in that they are more naturally skilled at mental abilities and as a result need more exotic energy to live healthily that cant be obtained from normal food and so they unintentionally (and somethings even intentionally) drain that energy from the people around them. im still trying to fully understand the nature of these energy feeders myself but trust me you don't want to be one it just makes life more complicated

[edit on 13-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't think they exist or werewolves either.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xShilaxxx

Loads of people want to be vampires, due to the cultural romantic associations many folks have. That fact alone means you have to take claims of being a vampire with a (massive) pinch of salt.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, what if one is to say that you are friends with a vampire, how is that to work?
Their existence is still a mystery, i suppose.
And will remain that way forever, but im going to believe.
Ive researched, read, and asked questions.
As far as Im concerned, they dont mean harm unless things get out of hand or their bloodlust is overpowering and they require human blood.
Would you like to be a vampire, under the circumstances and facts that Ive stated above?
Im not sure if those ARE true, but near positive.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I do not want to be of the Kindred souls.

To me, saying that you do want to be a vampire is like saying you want satan to be your lord and savior, and that I do not. However in my youth I was fascinated with them, mostly cause of their immortal abilities, especially the part of flying and or being stealthy... but most of that is all thanks to Hollywood.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by WalkOn]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The closest I've seen to real vampires is people who dress up like vampires or rather goth-like, use fake vampire-esque names and have big vampire roleplaying sort of parties. Some go as far as drinking each other's blood, but they aren't immortal... they are no different from you or I.

Things I don't really consider anything more than folklore:
- Vampires
- Werewolves
- Zombies (there are real zombies but nothing to do with popular movie types)
- Mummies (again real, but not cursed and very much not alive)
- Any other type of old Black & White horror movie star.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"true" vampires are something totally different than the horror movies, in my belief.
Ive wanted to be a vampire for quite awhile, and Ive been mistaken as one because I have sharp canines. No, not a vampire. Just cool teeth. And, WalkOn, Im going to bring a theory from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. The creator that has made the innocent seal has made its predator, the polar bear. The same savior that has made a graceful deer has made its predator: mountain lion. Whos to say that he didnt make humans and vampires? Prey and predator?
Why do vampires always have to be related to Satan? All the vampires I know are strong Christians. very strong.
Bloodlust is a curse, without doubt. I dont see why people that dont NEED blood still say they do.
Insanity is my best bet. AT this point in time, I want to be a vampire because my love is a vampire.
My best friend is a vampire.
And Id like retaliation to something Im going to write about.
Yes, I plan to be a writer. Im going to write about vampires, naturally.
Ive been called a vampire on many different times. Anyone whos read Twilight can say I have a few features:
Always cold, feel very little pain, sharp teeth, (some say) beauty (I think Im not, but hey.) Dark eyes, and I can hold my breathe for 7 minutes without realizing it.

There may be other things, but I dont feel like thinking. I dont want to be a vampire look like, I want to be the real thing.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I do not believe that there are physical humanoid vampires (i.e. like in the movies). For example, how would such a creature evolve? And in a way, if you believe in good and evil, "evil creatures" really do not have any point to exist since most evil is done by humans themselves. Also, evolutionally, wouldn't vampires have to eat something too? And how about their offspring?

Furthermore, wouldn't these creatures leave behind some kind of evidence? As far as I know, there are no major legends or stories about any specific place that was dangerous precisely because they were homes of/surrounded by vampires.

However, there could very well be a phenomenon that can manifest things - vampires, monsters, aliens, goblins and so on, things similar to ghosts (people see them but their existence is illogical ("what are ghosts made of?")).

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There are a few documented cases on vampires, however much of the belief in vampires comes from confusion. There was a lack of knowledge in the decomposition process of the body.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Firstly, vampires do not exist. I think it's laughable that people either think they are a vampire, or they think they know vampires. What a joke.

However, IF they did, I would imagine they'd be like 30 Days of Night vampires. More animal than human. Cool movie.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Okay, for those here who are "believers," and those who aren't, consider this a hypothetical: The idea of the energy taking type truly existing- hypothetically, answer me 2 questions:
1. Would they still be people in your opinion?
2. Would their talents make them too different to be human, or would they still be considered "human beings" despite the psychic difference, among other features (odd body temp, exessive weakness to the sun and such)?

Oh, and a comment to the originator of this thread: "Elementary, my dear Watson."

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Vlad the Impaler was one mean mother. But hardly a psychic phenom.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have known people who were very draining to be around. I believe they thrived on the harm they caused to people around them. I don't know if this made them Psivamps or just sociopaths.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

I decided to answer your question, but not to much detail. Ive been away all day, and its 11:55.
1) I would consider them still people, being they have feelings and emotions. Being they can still choose theyre actions, but they always have a craving for something. Like a drug addict kicking the habit. Or someone on a diet; Always wanting food.
2) I imagine they would be considered human being, even though theyre not humans. I mean, if they couldnt be considered people like regular humans, why else could they blend in so easily? Unless they can shape shift.

I have a question thats bothered me:
Bush HAS to believe in vampires. Why else would he let "vampire hunter" go around killing vampires or people accused of being vampires? If he didnt believe in vampires, wouldnt there be MILLIONS of vampire hunters in jail?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seriously? Where in heaven's name did you hear of this? Is there a thread on it? (and did you receieve the u2u mail?) Do tell me where this came from. I wouldn't know much about crazy vamp hunters, except for the one that asked me t oa prom once, and that was just an awkward combonation!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I got the u2u, Levita, but Im rather new at ATS, and cant reply yet.
No, its not a thread. Some friends and I have been talking about it, and its always been a mystery to us.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Id like to be beautiful and young forever (well, for my natural span). Id like to be strong and fit without exercising. I dont want to drink blood or sell my soul though. I guess I better save up for some surgery!

Honestly, I think dressing like one and putting on the makeup-contacts could be satisfying for people who want to be one. You can experience the mystique and adventure. That is the draw- the romanticism and elegance that literature and Hollywood have glamorized over the centuries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join