It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little thought on Evolution of Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe it is the evolutionary answer to ctrl-alt-del.
If this test doesn't work out there is still a basis to start out from again...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe the answer is because we came from a common ancestor, but we evolved along different line, therefor there are still both humans and apes. If I am wrong please correct me.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Because we didn't evolve from the same monkeys and apes we have today. The monkeys and apes of today share the same ancestors as us.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Because we didn't evolve from the same monkeys and apes we have today. The monkeys and apes of today share the same ancestors as us.

Why then would they evolve to be a lower form of creature? Why wouldn't they evolve to be like humans?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you exaggerate your premise its flawed assumptions become more obvious:

If humans evolved from simpler organisms then why do bacteria still exist?

Because there are many kinds of bacteria
Because there is still an evolutionary niche for bacteria
Because humans would be forced to eat other humans instead of yogurt, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Why then would they evolve to be a lower form of creature? Why wouldn't they evolve to be like humans?

Thats just the way they evolved, or didnt evolve. Not every creature on the planet will, evolve that is, into a much more advanced creature, as we did from an ape like ancestor.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why would bacteria aspire to evolve to be at the bottom of the food chain? It has had billions of years to move up so why is there still bacteria?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Because the world needs bacteria. If there were no bacteria we would be up to are arses in dead bodies everywhere.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Because the world needs bacteria. If there were no bacteria we would be up to are arses in dead bodies everywhere.

Exactly, so if evolution is the only way there would be no bacteria because evolution is supposdely an ongoing process in which organisms improve themselves. There have been billions of years for these organisms to evolve from simple organisms and they just haven't.

So this leads me to beleive that there was an intelligent design. Everything on this planet fits together too nicely for it all to be accidental

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That would be nature, not god.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker

So your saying that everything happened by coincidence by saying by nature. All the complexity and interdependancy of life on this planet just sorta happened that way. Right?

Secondly, I never said god, I said intelligent design.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This exact topic was posted like 2 weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also please bother to learn something about scientific theories before trying to challenge them.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Originally posted by TheThinker

So your saying that everything happened by coincidence by saying by nature. All the complexity and interdependancy of life on this planet just sorta happened that way. Right?

Secondly, I never said god, I said intelligent design.

That is exactly what I am saying.

top topics

join