It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Set to Use New Spy Program in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dismanrc

Just a question.

What have any of these things done to you personally?

What effect have they had? Don’t include your worrying about things, but post a actually physical change to the way you live that can be placed on these.

In fact I would like ANYBODY that has had a real change in their lives caused by these things.

Great question. I'd like to find that American also.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

Originally posted by dismanrc

Just a question.

What have any of these things done to you personally?

What effect have they had? Don’t include your worrying about things, but post a actually physical change to the way you live that can be placed on these.

In fact I would like ANYBODY that has had a real change in their lives caused by these things.

Great question. I'd like to find that American also.

Perhaps there is someone out there who has already been affected... do you really think that they'd be "free" if that were the case. Wouldn't be more likely that they'd have been silenced in some way?

Aside from that... maybe no one HAS been affected YET. Yet being the operative word. The problem with all of this is not "if you have nothing to hide, what are you worried about"; it is WHAT the government would be able to do if they don't like what you have to say... and now they'd be able to know what that is even easier.

Let's pretend the current administration wants the US to become a dictatorship. (I don't think this is far from true)... If the people of this country start waking up and STANDING UP and forming a movement, don't you think the Gov't would pick up on that oh so quickly now, swoop down and shut them up claiming that they are domestic terrorist???

Just think about it for a minute.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I must add my voice to remind some - and inform others - that sadly, this technology has been around for quite a long time. I suspect that the capability is not new at all, the application of the 'tools' has already been happening.

My theory is: The move to publicly acknowledge its use as a defense/anti-terror tool is another precedent setting exercise. We can anticipate strong support from those who are still in fear 'secret goings on' by islamo-fascist radical extremists, survival kooks, and other anarchistic anti-amercican bogeymen (who hate Americans 'cause they're free')

This technology is lusted after by the corporate machine - in order for it to be 'contracted' out (thus releasing it to private hands) it has to be acknowledges as a 'defense' service that can be outsourced. Then it can be more readily exploited directly by those for whom it was intended, instead of the government which, finds itself being held more and more accountable for its plans.

As the trend towards accountability nears significant levels, the more the corporatists must labor to keep this 'oh so valuable' tool for their arsenal. By migrating it into the private 'defense service' sector its removed from public scrutiny by virtue of 'trade secrets' and 'confidential business practices' - sort of like voting machines. Urban pacification technologies, etc.

When it comes to the technology of oppression and repression, it is never a question of should we or shouldn't we in my eyes, It's more about oversight and transparency. If you hide it from me, don't expect me to believe it's for my benefit.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

They make the protesting patriots look like kooks with "no lives" as Geraldo Rivera likes to put it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The war on terror was concocted as an excuse to gut the constitution. To the degree any real terrorists existed, they are operatives of the ruling elite not angry Muslim Arabs.

The ruling elite have a big issue with Islam in that the Koran forbids the charging of compound interest which is the means by which they maintain economic control over much of the world.

But they also have a big problem with civil liberties in general and this was an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, start a war against Islam and start a war against the US constitution in one stroke.

Islam seems to be holding up pretty good, but the US constitution is taking it's last gasp and on the exhale of that gasp now.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nookster
The war on terror was concocted as an excuse to gut the constitution. To the degree any real terrorists existed, they are operatives of the ruling elite not angry Muslim Arabs.

The ruling elite have a big issue with Islam in that the Koran forbids the charging of compound interest which is the means by which they maintain economic control over much of the world.

But they also have a big problem with civil liberties in general and this was an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, start a war against Islam and start a war against the US constitution in one stroke.

Islam seems to be holding up pretty good, but the US constitution is taking it's last gasp and on the exhale of that gasp now.

I would like to humbly submit that the Bible (Torah, Pentateuch, and 'New' Testament) is also quite unforgiving about usury. Most noteworthy Christian scholars know this, and then they call their brokers to find out whether to sell or buy.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join