It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here LOVES Camping? What do you do and where do you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I made a promise to myself this summer, that I'm gonna take some time off for a week or so, and get back to nature!

Hey Everyone?!?!

You have GOT to camp-out in Ontario, Canada!

If you're ever in the area, gimme a shout!, and I'll set up a spot for YOU too!

Who else loves camping?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm a happy camper.

My wife has a job that requires us to visit very remote locations, so they pay for most everything. Tent camping only.

Death Valley
White Mountain, California

A place called Wildhorse, in Northeast Nevada.

Obviously bring LOTS of water to most of those places.

The evening Campfire is a great mellower of moods

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Camping always looks fun to me but...

I do not like heat
i do not like bugs or snakes or critters in general
I do not like community showers
I do not like a hole in the ground as a bathroom

Now if I had a big pull along camper with ac I'd be all set!

[edit on 11-4-2008 by SuprDupr]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SuprDupr

Yeah, I'm lucky if I can even get her to go out into the back yard...

:shk:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Death Valley, White Mountain, California

Sounds like a VERY DRY climate. Dunno my friend...

My poor ol' body is used to a 'moderate climate'.

I can't take too much heat/dryness/etc. as well as if it gets TOO COLD...meh..forget that one too. I will literally get physcially sick, and it would take a good few weeks to a month to get used to areas like that. I would sweat more than I could guzzle the water to compensate. Plus, my skin is VERY fair in color. I never liked sun-bathing; never will. I guarentee...1 or 2 days in California or AZ - with sunscreen, and I'll be an 'over-cooked crustacean'! lololol

Here's my PERFECT Summer TEMPERATURE RANGE: 20 - 25 Celcius (what's that in Farenheit? 72 - 82?)

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
LOL I'm with you again there Supr. I actually do love camping and we did it quite often in tents. I'm not scared of creepy crawlies and a little dirt. The shower/bathroom thing definitely was a huge turnoff though.

We bit the bullet 2 summers ago after I was tired of packing up the truck for the 1,000,000 time with tents, clothes, beach toys, coolers, chairs, wood, etc, and purchased a trailer. I have to say (and this will probably annoy the die hard tenters), I will NEVER go back to tents! I love my trailer and all the added ammenities that go with it. Now I just have to pack up some clothes and a bit of groceries and off we go every Friday.

No more full campsites on a long weekend, no prep lists, no soggy lunch meat floating in the cooler of half melted ice. We take up a bunch of frozen foods, condiments, and dry goods at the beginning of summer and just have to bring fresh fruits, vegs, and things that spoil every friday. We leave a bunch of clothes up there....'camping clothes', jackets, extra shoes and sweaters, and all our bedding...it's just so easy! Our own toilet and shower is definitely the best part of the deal.

Our ultimate goal is a cottage, but with real estate prices right now, our trailer will do just fine

Michelle

P.S. Our trailer does have a furnace and AC, I try not to use them, but sometimes, I just like to be spoiled

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Now THAT is my idea of camping as well!!

My grandparents used to have a cottage. It was so much fun
to stay up there. They had a paddle boat and a small engine
boat that we got ride around the lake.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We love to camp. We had a travel trailer (I couldn't drive with that) but broke down to get a class c which I learned how to drive last year because my sister and I take the kids when our husband's can't get away from work, so it's always interesting when I drive, sitting on a pillow so I can see, of course. And just as Michelle129 says, pack some clothes and food and we're set. I'm right there with you , SuprDupr, but we have a blast. We always have a ton of kids with us.

We mostly hit the state parks, Lake Michigan this summer. We would like to take a long trip out west next summer.

Cannot wait until the kids get out of school!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Death valley is Dry..yes!!

But White mountain...Very nice..10,000 feet elevation..so it can get cold at night, even in the summer..This is where the Famous Bristlecone pines live.
The oldest living things known.

Here are a few pics of White Mountain.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

OH MY GOD...How beautifulllllllllllllll....makes my heart sing!!!!! Seriously!!!

You take wonderful pics SD!!!

Soooooooooo beautifullllllllllllll.....

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Why thanks Ducky!

See, it's not so bad. it is pretty dry though..Even with the occasional T-Storm.
the beauty of the dryness, and th eelevation, is the clarity of the skies at night.
More stars than you ever thought possible...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Those pictures are absolutely stunning!!!
I guess I wouldn't mind seeing that in person at least once.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks Supr..

I just noticed that it looks like SO, has some code that limits the size within the thread. Which is actually awesome, keeps things in line..
but if you right-click and choose view image, you can see the whole photo.

new topics

top topics

join