It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts On Exotic Propulsion Systems...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Ah, but there is the cool part!

It don't "matter" what you hit! HUH? Hows that? Well, your in a little hollow blackhole, kinda sorta. Any matter that hits an event horizen is instantly spread across the whole surface of it, and so violently torn apart it becomes Xrays/photons/heat (see quasars for an example). Comeing to a sudden stop is not the concern, nor is turning too sharply, your free from the inertia of movement since your not moveing, but radiation exposier might be a problem (maybe not since even light can't get threw?), and if your in the corona of a star when your time bubble comes off, your extra crispy in a hurry. Cool huh? Or imagine you hit a blakhole, would it cancel out YOUR time bubble? No telling wish I could go find out,... from a safe distance.

reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

A cigar for you sir! That episode is where I got the name "time dialation" HOWEVER, I was thinking about this since I was a little kid! Hard to believe, but I've always just kind of known this stuff. I have my thoeries as to why, but they would be consierd wacko, just like my FTL ("FTL" is from new battlestar galactica) ideas got me rejected by my peers as a loon.

There were more science weaknesses in that episode than plot flaws though. Like, how was Maj.Carter able to see threw the bubble, why couldn't they warp the bubble to move themselves, and why not put a bubble over the enemies or thier ray comeing to hit the ship? I geuss those are both plot and science flaws.

I'm pretty sure the Government has gravity/time drive, and is keeping it supressed. All that's needed is lots of energy to create a false mass, and a way to direct the gravitons and gravity waves, much like a microwave magnatron, and poof, your going FTL, with no ill effects. Your ship would mostly be a drive houseing, O2 generator, and place to put the seat, the walls of your ship would be the event horizen. But in this paragraph is the part most "scientists" have a problem with because it requires messing with newton, lol HERACY! Any geuss as to wich part, makes me a heratic?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HellHound63S

Great post hellhound - is there anyway you can tell us some of these theories? Id love to hear some of them.

-fm

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Well at the risk of going off topic a bit, and makeing my self out to be nutz, here are the basis for my thoery as to why I just seem to know this stuff...

I score fairly high above the highest catagory on this questionnaire:

www.drboylan.com...

This article made tons of sence to me, gave me goose bumps:

www.ufodigest.com...

And to put the final nail in the reputaion of my sanity I wrote this thread, about the previous article (my nutty thoery contained here in):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It could be the reason I've always obssed about this stuff, why I was a strangely adault behaving baby, why I did poorly in school ("but he has so much potential" my teachers would proclaim as they gave me an F), why I have such a giant head (I can never find the fitted cap size that fits me, they make them but not often), and many other strange and often hurtfull things that have happened to me in my life. Its nothing to brag about, I'm very clueless about many earthly things, and way too knowlegdable about wierd stuff, like grav drive, quantum physics, Einstienian physics, string thoery, Hizenberg, astronomy, computers, weaponry, and lots of others that are very "un-cool".

Aliens and UFOs are kinda cool right now, but imagine Jr. High in the 80's feeling this way, trying to talk about this stuff to other kids who were more concerned with mario brothers and pro wrestleing, how I wished I could have been too (at the time anyway). I was compensated for by the universe though, things tend to unfold as they should. My imagination has been greatly expanded, my mental plain, extremly vivid. We all get exactly what we deserve. I'm here for a reason and part of it I think is to help spread the ideas of exotic propulsion, thus my interest in this thread.

This planet belongs to humanity, a gift from the maker, but we weren't meant to stay here forever, and new propulsion will be needed even just to colonize the rest of the solor system, much less vist the stars in our galaxy, or even other galaxies. This is the planet humanity grew up on but like all young adaults we must leave the nest sooner or later, I hope sooner. Its not looking good for us though.

For instance, no one in science has the balls to mess with Newton. Don't get me wrong, Newton was a great man ahead of his times, but he was an alchemist and used God as a spackle to fill in the parts of his thoeries he couldn't explain (like what holds the planets in a steady orbit over time). The bit of heracy I had in my last post was my thoery that gravity is (much like light) BOTH a particle and a wave, and that this explains its behaviors at the large and small scales. That thoery (not really mine, but adapted by me) is considered wacko because it makes newton and even Einstien wrong on a few points, many cushy grants would be lost!

A big problem I have too is that I don't get human math very well, I do things in my head by examples and pictures, so I can not write out any long "equation" wich proves me right or wrong. I have argued with NASA PHD's though about thier ignoring time as a factor about blackholes, FTL travel, and the age of the universe (estimated far too young in my opinion, and from a limited point of view anyway since not all the universe is the same age), and gotten an interested responce. LOL, space.com doesn't like me though, I've blown a few holes in thier stuff, sorry guys, not trying to be difficult.

Whooops! Waaay TMI. [/rant]

Anyway, great thread going here glad to see interest in the subject! Glad I could share. This is an exicting time to be alive! I hope we all get to go on a grav drive ship someday, but it doesn't look good. I dream about dipping into Jupiter, seeing under Uranuis's atmo, orbiting Pluto ("dwarf" planet or not) visiting the face on Mars, and so many others, like the local stars near by. Well, maybe in the next life?

One last note. You guys involved in this thread are the type of people who will one day be the saviours of humanity. It sounds corny, but interest must come 1st before invention, and a usefull device. In many ways dreamers are far more important than the inventors, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and Rodenberry invented nothing physical, but are the true fathers of so much technology we now take for granted! From submariens to cell phones, NOTHING can be invented untill its dreamed of first! Thank you all!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for taking the time to write them up. Ill have to have a look over them up when I have time tonight.

-fm

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
has anyone seen the chronicles of riddick, in the final scene where that overlord guy is moving around really quickly and it almost looks like he is moving along a path that he has already moved in?

its really hard to explain because i havent the slightest clue what to call it any way i think that is how UFO are getting from place to place through a pre destined route.

someone help me out here i really want to know how to explain this.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HellHound63S

I'd caution folks to be careful about putting any belief in anything the person who put together the 'Star Kid' site and questionairre says or claims.

He's not that well-respected among the main stream researchers from what I gather and was involved in some kind of scandal in the mid 90s. According to what I've seen on the 'Net, and these are allegations, his license had been revoked in 1995, yet he still uses the title 'Dr'.

There have also been some allegations that he's used his hypnotherapy to purposely implant false memories of alien encounters in his subjects. Link

Again, these are not my assertions, just reporting what I've found on the web.

Back on the topic of exotic propulsion...

I'd just like to emphasize what I've said earlier in this thread, that it is very unlikely that there is any fuel, engine or mechanical device which will enable true FTL travel.

If any 'device' or power is able to traverse 'space' (or space time) it will likely only transmit information in an exotic sense and not allow human sized physical beings to 'travel' from point A to point B in any superluminal manner.

In the far future I predict the way people and sentient beings will 'explore' the Universe or their Galaxy will be in a virtual sense.

That is, the information about the galaxies will be kept in a central databank, like a 'Galactic Inter-Net' (GIN) and users will 'jack in' and thus be able to travel virtually and sightsee.

There really is little point in 'going there' if the information is available.

How will the GIN, or 'Ginny' as it will, uh, possibly become known be created?

Well, it will partially based on the idea that we can be 'friends' with our sentient neighbors, but we can never meet, except in the form of the 'meeting of the minds', because we are too incompatible.

The sentient races, if they are out there, will input detailed information about their culure and geography and other things so that enough data exists to virtually re-create their world for the experiencer.

Hope this isn' too far off topic, since it is discussing exotic propulsion, but in the sense that it's not going to happen.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Primary Drive Mechanisms: Systems and Concepts for Faster Than Light Travel
(Ryan Mc Auley M.D.)

1. I have already designed such a system, and applied for patents.

I will give a few hints...

a) Monoatomic elements are used... learn about their weight at different temperatures. Be impressed. But why?

b)Particle Accelerators in space? Well sort of... Guess why?

c) What happens when a particle is lighter at it's point of origin than it's point of Impact? Do you See where I am going?

c)What happens when you superheat a Monoatomic element? What happens when it is at absolute zero? How do these different states affect the element?

Answer these questions and you'll learn something profound.

Then it all starts to become obvious and you'll soon realize why you didn't figure it out sooner.

2. Now imagine that such a monoatomic "chain" was superheated before it was propelled whilst cooling on the way. We already know the mass is altered whilst the element is at different temperatures.
What law of thermodynamics? It is starting to sound more like a theory every day....

3. A Pearl Necklace... much better analogy and simple too.

Such chains are to be aligned within nanotubes made out of whatever material found to be the least reactive to the element you are using as your drive mechanism. These nanotubes are to be converted to plasma...

This is just one way of manipulating the mass of the elements contained within... and even then only in a very specific type of complex drive system.

Monoatomic elements will react and unpredictably, and when you are dealing with them in an individual capacity they cannot be reliably used for any such system here On earth.

These structures (dealt with in this capacity) are far from "Noble", and can only be applied with efficacy in one environment.

4.Imagine this... You string 13 baseballs together and attempt to throw them all by heaving the first one with all your might... after all 13 balls is hard to throw, and they are strung together, so it is quite hard for you to manage them... in this environment..

Suppose however, when you threw that first baseball in the chain of balls, the rest got up and followed it BUT you only had to exert enough force to throw the ONE baseball...

Similar things can happen... with monoatomic elements BUT only under certain conditions.

This is an simplified analogy, but it is important for us Humans to know such information.

5. Plasma? Nanotubes?

This guy must be nuts... but just how do you think this "chain" of monoatomic elements would reconfigure themselves in a plasma environment?

Answer this and you'll know why Plasma is preferable to ANY kind of metal vapours, gases or otherwise.

Magnets do play a role, just not primarily for containment.

Think beside the box on this one guys...

6. The system I talked about HAS been built, IS being used and does NOT go faster than the speed of light.... Read my previous posts... the ones wherein I specifically put some info you haven't read in any book or website.

7. Ask me the right questions and I'll give the right answers. This will ensure that those who intend to pursue this topic will have what they need to do so and I can better communicate the requested data to you.

I don't enforce any of my non-medical patents, so feel free to use the info to expand your minds... which is what is why we are here.

8. Such chains are to be aligned within nanotubes made out of whatever material found to be the least reactive to the element you are using as your drive mechanism. These nanotubes are to be converted to plasma...

This is just one way of manipulating the mass of the elements contained within... and even then only in a very specific type of complex drive system.

Monoatomic elements will react and unpredictably, and when you are dealing with them in an individual capacity they cannot be reliably used for any such system here On earth.

These structures (dealt with in this capacity) are far from "Noble", and can only be applied with efficacy in one environment.

(rep.)9. Imagine this... You string 13 baseballs together and attempt to throw them all by heaving the first one with all your might... after all 13 balls is hard to throw, and they are strung together, so it is quite hard for you to manage them... in this environment..

Suppose however, when you threw that first baseball in the chain of balls, the rest got up and followed it BUT you only had to exert enough force to throw the ONE baseball...

Similar things can happen... with monoatomic elements BUT only under certain conditions.

This is an simplified analogy, but it is important for us Humans to know such information.

10. You have just touched on another of my designs called a Compulsion Drive or Compellor Drive. Hopefully more people will think of it.

By creating a "black hole EFFECT" in front of the craft and with proper containment you can influence velocity and direction (to an extent) of whatever object is in the immediate vicinity... many uses for such a device.

However, since no such anomaly can be sustained, it would have to be repeatedly reformed to continue acceleration .

Because of this unfortunate limitation, any such drive that we would currently make could only be considered "Impulse drive" (star trek?) at best...

Would you like to know more? Ask away.

11. Build such a device? I am not a country, I'm just a person.

No one person could ever construct such a device. I wouldn't bother entertain the idea of building any of my non-medical patents, these patents serve a purpose all their own.

You cannot currently create a black hole in space, you can however create something similar here on earth and bring up to space with you.

Then you can initiate a "controlled" release to get a "predictable" reaction.
I really must choose use those terms loosely... especially concerning predicting directionality.

The math can be done and is used heavily to represent the function of various parts within such drive systems as representations of the technology present on the area of a device.

12. If we could trick the Universe into thinking that we were heavier than we actually are, faster than light speed become feasible.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
14. To those of you who have researched, even slightly some of the ideas that were discussed here, I commend you all.

Apparently a misunderstanding regarding the application of the various systems discussed has arisen.

This if for a good reason, and yes I was using a basic psyche technique in my presentation. At least you noticed the effort... thank you.

Now, why has this misunderstanding arisen? On purpose.

I purposely did not clarify many of my points, causing you to do some learning which you apparently have now done. Now you want to know the rest.

15. Concerning the use of monoatomic elements;

Such elements are the primary means of propulsion within a spacecraft.
Such technology CANNOT function on earth, even in a vacuum, although tests regarding yield and energy can be conducted here on Earth.

Ask yourself why you have never heard of a particle accelerator being put in space... maybe one already has.

How would you align such unstable elements and prepare them for propulsion? Nanotubes.

A specifically constructed nanotube can be selected to hold the elements in alignment, and then be converted to plasma as both a means of heating and further aligning the elements present within.

The materials used for such a housing mechanism must be carefully selected according to its willingness to react with monoatomic elements.

Stabilization of this "chain" is key in such device. Several other events can only happen if precipitated by this process. These events are listed in the thread, some in "question" form.

I will add more later, I'm just glad to see we are starting to get back on the same page.

16. Remember when I said that if you could trick the universe into thinking you were heavier than you are, you could exceed light speed...

Well you would be surprised to know that you don't have "alter the vibrational state" of a vessel, as you only have to trick the universe into think that your Primary Drive mechanism is heavier than it is.

The gov. must be very happy that civilians now know this stuff

17. Imagine you were One atom heavier than you actually are...

...You can now travel the "speed of light+1atom@assumedrate"

that is to say, the universes is now imposing limits that greater your "potential" for speed.

That is to say, being lighter than the Universe Assumes you are, you can now exceed the limitations imposed on you in your prior unaltered condidtion.

But remember,it is this "potential' is what has been artificially created, using processes previously discussed. You are not actually gaining mass.

18. Think of a space journey as a constantly evolving equation;

Think of the Primary Drive impactions as a variating variable. That's right... variations within a variable (OMG my mind) that are constantly changing in relation to position of the vessel within space, the conditions of space within the vessel, and the elements occupying that particular small space which can be influenced by Humans.

So immediately after leaving you point origin, the equation begins, in fact it is practically solved by the time you are traveling in the right direction at a predicted rate of speed.

But just as your journey is not yet complete, the nature of any equation is that is must be continually balanced.

Balance, as it were, would be said to be maintained within the functions of such a variable(represented by multiple related equations... presenting a whole new set of problems), and so it is this particular part of the equation that continues to evolve until the final destination has been reached... or the equation has been "solved"...somewhat

But as you are only ever working with Probabilities, your equation will never be truly solved... as you cannot come to the same conclusions twice. However, your answers will be quite similar in each case.

This is Quantum theory at this point.

19.Who here knows what happens when you force a particle to act in a wave function whilst in the vaccuum of space?

How does that Affect the impaction of the resulting wave/particle combo on an object?

How is is the emission source of these impactions affected, assuming they are constant and at and increasing rate?

Where does this excess energy come from?

20. We now know that the monoatomic elements has been arranged in a chain.
The chain has been stabilized within a nanotube. The nanotube will soon become plasma.
Plasma helps to further align a monoatomic chain whilst increasing the potential energy that can be accessed by us from this universe.

We are talking about an exponential increase depending on how long the elements can be held in this state before "impact."

But what are they impacting? Think Quantum.

Now take your famous double-slit theories and try to apply this to that.

The energy released is more than what is contained by the chain of elements and the plasma surrounding it. How could this be?

This is supposedly impossible. The law of thermodynamics prohibits it... and we are the only ones who actually enforce this law on each other.... strange.

A law saying what you can and cannot think about, as we have decreed it to be impossible.... before we had a even small percentage of the knowledge pertaining to quantum physics that we do now.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
oh no... dr M, not this again......

we've already been over it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
oh no... dr M, not this again......

we've already been over it.

I tried so hard to bite my tongue all morning Crabmeat

Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way.

Isn't there a rule against reposting information that has been posted (more than once) already (in the same thread?)...

-WFA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
if there isn't WFA, then there definitely should be.

dr. M, instead of reposting your whole theory, if you want people to further discuss your concept then post a link and directions to the thread page that contains your theory.

thanks much

the crab with the biggest claw

Crabmeat

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I still think my theory of a "sub space"bubble is the most plausable.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

A theory lke that is only shown to be plausible if you have a mathematical base for it.

Though some formerly science fiction-based ideas have merit, such as building an orbiting space station or even just breaking the sound barrier, any talk of special circumstances in physics should be backed up by some kind of math, otherwise, they're just flights of fancy.

I don't even know of any physics which would support such an idea and what the heck is 'subspace' anyway?

Is it possible you've conflated 'space-time bubble' with the Subspace of Star Trek?

Bear in mind the energies to bend something into a relatively tight 'bubble' would need to be quite strong indeed to confine such energies.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Excellent Thread.

Way to Go doctor!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join