It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Van vs. Train going 70-80MPH...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I never realized how devastating this sort of crash could be... The only videos I've seen have been at much slower speeds... Even at slower speeds the passenger is gone for sure, but this, this is freaky... Nobody would survive this crash...

And I know everyone thinks, well, it's a train, it's big, with a load horn, I'll see and hear it... LOL... I almost died like this because I had my music going too loud... I didn't hear anything and almost ran through in front of a train going around 50MPH... Scared the living bejesus out of me... The crossing guards came down and then blam! The train was right there and had about 100 cars behind it... The ground was shaking as it passed... I was not trying to beat the train, I was simply going to pass through over the tracks, the crossing guards did not come down as I expected them to, I had to slam on my breaks... It was a major eye opener for me...

For those who had close calls with trains you know what I mean.. The sheer force of the train and it's weight, I'm surprised this mini van didn't just explode... I'm also surprised the train didn't derail either...

Anyway, hope you all learn something from this...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ha, I just started driving recently, and it's certainly a good lesson to learn! I can imagine a smaller car would have just been totally blown away! Transport's a dangerous business eh?!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There's a strange thing about trains, it's very hard to judge their speed. I don't know if it's the size or distance that confuses our senses, but you just can't tell how fast these behemoths are moving when you look down the track.

STOP, LOOK, AND LISTEN...........
DO NOT PASS AROUND GATES OR CROSS WHEN SIGNALS ARE FLASHING......
IF TRAFFIC IS SLOWING OR STOPPING AHEAD, DON'T GET CAUGHT ON THE TRACKS..........

I've stood beside tracks when a freight goes by and felt the ground shake and felt the sheer power of trains as they rushed by, you don't stand a chance if your hit by one.

I think it was "Amazing Videos" or a show like it the other night, a passenger train cut through the trailer of an 18 wheeler like it wasn't even there. The large truck didn't even slow the train down as the truck exploded into a cloud of debris.

This is a battle you just can't win in a vehicle and a few seconds of awareness will save the rescue personnel the gruesome task of extracting your mangled mess from the wreck.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
There's a strange thing about trains, it's very hard to judge their speed. I don't know if it's the size or distance that confuses our senses, but you just can't tell how fast these behemoths are moving when you look down the track.

STOP, LOOK, AND LISTEN...........
DO NOT PASS AROUND GATES OR CROSS WHEN SIGNALS ARE FLASHING......
IF TRAFFIC IS SLOWING OR STOPPING AHEAD, DON'T GET CAUGHT ON THE TRACKS..........

I've stood beside tracks when a freight goes by and felt the ground shake and felt the sheer power of trains as they rushed by, you don't stand a chance if your hit by one.

I think it was "Amazing Videos" or a show like it the other night, a passenger train cut through the trailer of an 18 wheeler like it wasn't even there. The large truck didn't even slow the train down as the truck exploded into a cloud of debris.

This is a battle you just can't win in a vehicle and a few seconds of awareness will save the rescue personnel the gruesome task of extracting your mangled mess from the wreck.

No doubt man... These things are crazy... Also don't stand close to a traim either... If a rock or some sort of whatever is on the track the train can sometimes throw the debree and that can hit you and kill you as well... A rock would fling off and hit you like being shot by a gun... DON'T STAND CLOSE TO A TRAIN!... And listen to what anxietydisorder says too! These things are huge, heavy and fast... A deadly combo for anything in front of the train...

Watch Smash Lab where they try to develop a system that will throw a car off the track... They rig up some crazy air bag slash pivot type system and even then the car was mangled and destroyed... You may have lived, but you'd be messed up... That was at about 20mph too... Most trains travel much faster than 20 MPH...

new topics

top topics

join