It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen Military Equipment Found on Ebay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Stolen Military Equipment Found on Ebay

www.sfgate.com

Stolen Military Equipment Found on EBay

By CHRISTINE SIMMONS, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Printable Version

Email This Article

(04-10) 15:51 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

Stolen and sensitive U.S. military equipment, including fighter jet parts wanted by Iran and nuclear biological protective gear, has been available to the highest bidder on popular Internet sales sites, according to congressional investigators.

Using undercover identities, investigators purchased a dozen defense-related items on the auction site eBay and the online network Craigslist from January 2007 through last month and received the items "no questions asked."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guess some people in the army are "being all that they can be"--thieves! I wonder if Iran is a major shopper.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Last year, the AF busted a scumbag that worked at a Life Support shop at Hurlburt Field for selling helicopter helmets, NOGs, lots of stuff.

And the jerk's mom was working with him, too. Nothing like a family affair.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The war is about oil and money, not WMDs, regime changes, or spreading Democracy. Obviously some enterprising supply clerk decided it was his/her turn to make a profit from the war at the taxpayer's expense as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Now we know where some of the 12B a month the war costs goes. It must be nearly impossible to keep up with all the military supplies.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
That's pretty lax!

Guess it gives the military to buy back what was stolen though!

Perhaps I'll have a browse of ebay later, I always wanted a personal army...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
funny thing is..... you can buy better stuff from the companies that already sell to the military ..... Some companies just dont care whos buying their products even thoe ones selling military issued gear.... Private contracts??? maybe the price lol

you'll find it in their next issued fall line.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'd like to pickup some mil comm equipment but haven't had much luck on Ebay. Specifically looking for KG-84c. Also have a few other items of interest.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I got an EOTech 552 on eBay a couple of months ago for a ridiculously low price. I asked the seller how he was able to get rid of it so cheap (it was NIB) and he admitted he didn't even know what it was and he just got a whole bunch of "stuff" from some "Iraqi" to sell.

He was in Florida or at least the return address was.

I'm not complaining. They're only supposed to be sold within the U.S. and it was. I'm just a little paranoid I'm on some list now for buying current military issue from some guy in Florida who claims he got them from some Iraqi.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Unfortunately, some looooser scum make it into the military. I know of a few that have stolen and are no longer employed by the military.

For those interested, you can visit www.govliquidation.com...

Never know what you mind find of interest there! My father has actually gotten quite a few things from this site!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

maybe we can check Irans Ebay feedbacks and see if they are good or bad ebay citizens.

as they say on Ebay a Positive feedback means one is more trusted

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
gosh the MSM are pushing iran so much now - `jet fighter parts wanted by iran`

for which aircraft? after 20 years , if they haven`t made everything they need for the F-14`s by now then they won`t be flying (but they are)

and at least in the uk you can buy NBC warfare gear from websites

www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk...

£73 ($140) will get you a full set of current UK armed forces NBC gear from top to toe.

edit:

from the same website for an extra £50 ($100) you can add the current lightweight kevlar body armour aswell.

[edit on 11/4/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I picked up a tank and 2 nuclear subs. Guy had good feedback . But not good enough to drop 12 million on a warhead :/

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My ex-husband stole trucks when he was in the army. He just took them out of the motor pool. That's one reason he's my ex.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past the government to sell them what they need even if it is broken and use someone else to do it. Our military shouldn't have much trouble taking out whatever the Iranians can fly anyway.

top topics

join