It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Won't Rule Out Pre-Emptive War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

McCain Won't Rule Out Pre-Emptive War

apnews.myway.com

"I don't think you could make a blanket statement about pre-emptive war, because obviously, it depends on the threat that the United States of America faces," McCain told his audience at Bridgewater Associates Inc., a global investment firm.

"If someone is about to launch a weapon that would devastate America, or have the capability to do so, obviously, you would have to act immediately in defense of this nation's national security interests."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
He also says...

McCain said he would consult more closely and more carefully "not with every member of Congress, but certainly the leaders of Congress."

Bush didn't need their approval so why should McCain? I know he's playing his words right here and is speaking of consultation, but he's leaving the door pretty open. He's basically saying he agreed with the reason we're in Iraq now, which I feel should be political suicide, but with him nothing seems to matter. 100 years, whatever.

I have a feeling most of the media will blow past this...

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"If someone is about to launch a weapon that would devastate America, or have the capability to do so, obviously, you would have to act immediately in defense of this nation's national security interests."

The above qoute is an issue for you? Just wondering because it is not such an issue for me. Now if they could have only prevented 9/11...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

I think the problem lies in the way we were fear mongered into Iraq with the WMD's, Al Qaeda in Iraq, etc, etc. Then there is no accountability for the lies, and false intel we were given.

So how are we to trust McCain where anytime something comes up we just play the WMD card and invade some random country and then give no proof of said WMD's?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have a problem with it because that's exactly what they said about Iraq. They had WMD's and were a threat to America because of their ties to Al Qaeda. Both of which were admitted to being false. The idea of pre-emptive war is for dictators and despots. People are building arms and tension against us because of our actions. If we weren't so concerned with snuffing out anything that disagrees with us maybe certain people wouldn't have a reason to hate us.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoundFX
reply to post by Comsence2075

I think the problem lies in the way we were fear mongered into Iraq with the WMD's, Al Qaeda in Iraq, etc, etc. Then there is no accountability for the lies, and false intel we were given.

So how are we to trust McCain where anytime something comes up we just play the WMD card and invade some random country and then give no proof of said WMD's?

I agree and for the record, I do not support Bush at all. I can not wait until his administration is out.

But what are we suppose to do, never have faith in a new candidate just on the grounds that he/she is a republican? At this point Clinton and Obama have given me many more reasons to doubt their honesty than McCain has.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
I have a problem with it because that's exactly what they said about Iraq. They had WMD's and were a threat to America because of their ties to Al Qaeda. Both of which were admitted to being false. The idea of pre-emptive war is for dictators and despots. People are building arms and tension against us because of our actions. If we weren't so concerned with snuffing out anything that disagrees with us maybe certain people wouldn't have a reason to hate us.

I understsand your reasoning 100%. But the qoute says, ""If someone is about to launch a weapon that would devastate America."

If someone is really about to launch a weapon, I would hope we do something to prevent it. Iraq was not even close to being about to launch anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I read this quote differently. With all the false flag talk lately it could be preparation for things to come. I am especially concerned with the part

" or have the capability to do so"

This to me says that an actual threat is not necessary but having the 'capability' seems to be enough?!?!?

Russia has the 'capabilty', China has the 'capabilty' for crying out loud even Australia had the 'capabilty' Does this mean we are all at risk of 'pre-emtve war' if we dont tow the line?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
WOW, I completely missed the, "or capable," part. I am not sure how I feel about this now, I have to sleep on it. I wish all countries would disarm from nuclear weapons but that is not going to happen.

Either way, I still support McCain more. For one he is a respectable guy, and he also votes for what he feels is right, not what his party always says is right. Whether I agree with all his choices or not, I respect that.

He looks at national defense in a different light than dems. sure, and I agree. Osama and crew are trying to recruit Europeans and American's to carry out terrorist attacks so they are not as identifiable, we better be on our toes.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Comsence2075]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I think you're gonna find out. Here's how it will happen. Obama will win the democratic nomination. The assassination will be successful. It's planned for Saturday September 13th, I think. About 4:56 pm central standard time. That will be the optimal moment to throw the democrats into mass confusion, and with Hillary off her game by this time will easily be beaten by McCain. He'll choose Romney for his running mate. I'm guessing he'll be heading for Iran on chinese credit. Anyway, he figures to die on July 2, 2011, whereupon Mitt Romney will become president.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nowplanb

And what do you see in my future? Love? Career? When will I die?

Sorry, it just sounded so silly to name dates and times to me. How can anyone know the future, let alone with such exactness?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowplanb
Well, I think you're gonna find out. Here's how it will happen. Obama will win the democratic nomination. The assassination will be successful. It's planned for Saturday September 13th, I think. About 4:56 pm central standard time. That will be the optimal moment to throw the democrats into mass confusion, and with Hillary off her game by this time will easily be beaten by McCain. He'll choose Romney for his running mate. I'm guessing he'll be heading for Iran on chinese credit. Anyway, he figures to die on July 2, 2011, whereupon Mitt Romney will become president.

Unreal...First of all McCain will not pick Romney. He is already struggling for Christian (very conservative) votes. Strategically, Romney would not be the choice at all no way. Catholics for example were recently estimated to be over 40%+ registered democrats.

Oh yes, in case you haven't noticed, Hillary has been so off her game so bad I almost feel bad for her
Her numbers are now dropping in PA where she needs to win to even have a fluke chance of winning. I am not even going to address the other claim, actually mind telling me how you know this?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is is just me, or does no other country on this planet have national security interests? Does no other country feel that they would be hit by an American ICBM? 'The Ruskies have them so we must' attitude rules!

Why do so many people hate America? The McCain comment should answer it diplomatically!!

If anyone votes McCain from this website - into my thread of hate you will go. Its not a nice place to be - full of wrongly spelt words and trash can answers etc.

Yours sincerely - Brei

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Is is just me, or does no other country on this planet have national security interests? Does no other country feel that they would be hit by an American ICBM? 'The Ruskies have them so we must' attitude rules!

Why do so many people hate America? The McCain comment should answer it diplomatically!!

If anyone votes McCain from this website - into my thread of hate you will go. Its not a nice place to be - full of wrongly spelt words and trash can answers etc.

Yours sincerely - Brei

Are you serious Brei? Your comment is extremely un-American just like you accuse the neo-cons as being.

"If anyone votes McCain from this website - into my thread of hate you will go. "

Sounds just like the policies you criticize to me! People should not be swayed to vote either way. They should research and make their own informed descision.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
McCain is an idiot, he thinks he's going to get elected pushing the Bush agenda. And I love how he's giving investment groups all kinds of speeches. What a tool. What an OBVIOUS tool.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well it is going to be tough for you to swallow when he wins...and he will win.

The democrats are destroying themselves with this in-party fighting. Have you seen the recent polls that showed the % of democrats that said they would vote McCain if their candidate did not win?

Both of them have been caught lying multiple times, Clinton more. And um, I don't even see much of a difference between Clinton and McCain going by much of her voting record in the senate. If anybody thinks either Clinton or Obama will get our troops out of Iraq asap, I don't think so. It is easy for both them to say but I would like to see them do it...They won't.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Comsence2075

I like your enthusiasm, but you clearly do not understand sarcasm.

''Into my thread of hate where all the wrongly spelt words etc go''. I thought that was a good joke - but then again it is near 4am here in Ireland.

Hmm. Sometimes I wonder about you.

I take you like American troops being in Iraq / going into Iran / Syria etc etc? 4000 / 5000 / 6000; stop me when this figure gets too high for you
Comsence2075!!

Then McCain is your man for further misery and further debts for YOUR country. Approximately 100 years of mysery according to McCain. By the way - this is the guy that said, ''I know where Osama Bin Laden is, and I will find him'' - then tell the current administration you complete and utter tool!!! Arrragghhh - that anoys me the most - I know where - bull#, you know nothing otherwise your party would have found him. Its people like you C that really crack me up.

Not my problem? - If it were up to me I would vote for Ron Paul! He at least appears to have his diplomatic head on.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Not to mention sending a message to the rest of the world that we truly really are ignorant (and arrogant).

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Comsence2075

I like your enthusiasm, but you clearly do not understand sarcasm.

''Into my thread of hate where all the wrongly spelt words etc go''. I thought that was a good joke - but then again it is near 4am here in Ireland.

Hmm. Sometimes I wonder about you.

I take you like American troops being in Iraq / going into Iran / Syria etc etc? 4000 / 5000 / 6000; stop me when this figure gets too high for you
Comsence2075!!

Then McCain is your man for further misery and further debts for YOUR country. Approximately 100 years of mysery according to McCain. By the way - this is the guy that said, ''I know where Osama Bin Laden is, and I will find him'' - then tell the current administration you complete and utter tool!!! Arrragghhh - that anoys me the most - I know where - bull#, you know nothing otherwise your party would have found him. Its people like you C that really crack me up.

Not my problem? - If it were up to me I would vote for Ron Paul! He at least appears to have his diplomatic head on.

Brei.

For the record, I was a strong Ron Paul supporter. I would have liked to see him win over ANYBODY. He can not win now however, not possible. I have 0 faith in both democratic contenders and will support McCain just to do my part to make sure we don't get a joke in the white house to mess up the country more.

Also, on my position: I support a full out field day to find Bin Laden ONLY. I do not support an attack on Iran, Syria, or any other country. I would like to see all our troops home as soon as possible but I feel that we are in a big mess and we need to be very careful how we end it.

Don't assume how I feel. I have already stated my support for Ron Paul in other threads. I am not pro-war. I support our troops (as everyody should) and I support America.

I also don't know how, "Hmm. Sometimes I wonder about you." We have both been a member for less than two weeks. Me for 5 days

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Comsence2075

I have a new mission in life - to make you see the light. Whether this is through electric shock therapy, therapy or just plain old shock, I will see that you will vote for ''NONE OF THE ABOVE'', if there were such a ballot.

Please understand that this is for your own good. I don't hate Americans as you may think - I hate the ignorance / arrogance / petulance and incompetence that resonnates through your government which people like you (and I hope they are in short supply) vote for.

Please see the light before its too late - vote none of the above and put Richard Prior (I mean Obama or Paul) into business.

A concerned Brei.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join